Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

That Guy's Updated Mock (read: Wish List)

I think this mock would fill our major holes while still picking what would be a great value (although a realistic choice) in every round.  Has a few names that are pretty common around here (Billings and Westerman seem to be forum favorites), but there's a reason (they could instantly upgrade our team).  Enjoy:

1. Andrew Billings (NT Clemson) - not our biggest need, but I think he could add the most to our team

2. Noah Spence (OLB Eastern Kentucky) - and yes, I could see him falling this far (which would be a great windfall for us)

3. Christian Westerman (C/G Arizona State) - no explanation really necessary here; been wanting this guy from day one

4. Miles Killebrew (SS Southern Utah) - would pair extremely well with Geathers to create our future safety tandem

5. Connor McGovern (G/T Missouri) - people may prefer his teammate Boehm, but the versatility of McGovern may appeal to Grigs

7. Tyrone Holmes (OLB Montana) - some great moves and prototype athleticism, but needs conditioning and coaching (high upside, though)

For a reference, early on (2/23/16) my mock was:

1. Jack Conklin (T Michigan State)

2. Andrew Billings (NT Clemson)

3. Alex Collins (RB Arkansas)

4. Christian Westerman (G Arizona State)

5. Jordan Jenkins (OLB Georgia)

7. Jeff Driskel (QB Louisiana Tech)

(but this also had us signing Olivier Vernon in free agency...)

16 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I can't see Spence falling that far

He seems to be falling.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016_2.php

has him going at 49

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000648219/article/fiveround-mock-50-cowboys-pluck-myles-jack-derrick-henry

has him going at 42

I rarely see him mentioned as a first round prospect anymore, and I could easily see him falling to us in the middle of the second round.  Players like him (athletic monsters with character concerns) are typically mocked higher than they actually go.  He is being mocked as a late first (which is now rare) to a middle second.

16 minutes ago, That Guy said:

He seems to be falling.

has him going at 49

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000648219/article/fiveround-mock-50-cowboys-pluck-myles-jack-derrick-henry

has him going at 42

I rarely see him mentioned as a first round prospect anymore, and I could easily see him falling to us in the middle of the second round.  Players like him (athletic monsters with character concerns) are typically mocked higher than they actually go.  He is being mocked as a late first (which is now rare) to a middle second.

That's interesting.  If he does fall to us in the 2nd, I think he'd be a steal

I'd take this draft in a heartbeat, but I doubt that we can get Spence in the 2nd and Westerman in the 3rd. If possible, though, this would be a great draft. Billings and Spence would have the potential to transform the defense, even as rookies. 

I think Westerman is going to be a very good guard in the nfl, but in this scenario he'd probably be slotted as our starting Center... I'd like to see two O-Lineman in the first 4 rounds, but if the board fell, this way, I'd certainly be able to understand drafting defense in the first two rounds. 

I think safety is probably the second or third biggest need on the defense. I don't know enough about Killebrew to comment, but I like the idea of addressing Safety in this draft instead of going into the season with zero depth  behind Adams (who isn't getting any younger) and Geathers (who launches himself like a missile at ball-carriers). I like both players a lot, but it seems like tempting fate to assume that they will both play 16 games and playoffs. 

I think Spence could be there at 48 I'd take Calhoun instead if he's still around. I love the draft. I'd look at more of a ball hawk to pair with Geathers. I think Simmons is undervalued. 

I am all about Billings and Westerman really like Holmes in the 7th 

That mock would be the greatest draft in the history of drafts. Billings, Spence, Westerman are all studs who will be impact starters in the NFL. Killebrew should be a really good starting safety, and McGovern has the potential to be a starting guard IMO. It may take him a year, but I think he has the potential to be a pretty good starter.

21 hours ago, That Guy said:

He seems to be falling.

has him going at 49

has him going at 42

I'm hearing the opposite from my sources that are still connected to insiders in the game.  I hear many teams / GM's are now on board with the kid having come clean and put his past behind him . IOW, he might not be on Ryan Grigson's knucklehead list anymore.  As an exclamation point, Pat Kirwan has mocked Noah Spence to the Colts at pick #18, and Nick Martin to the Shoe in round 2.

43 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I'm hearing the opposite from my sources that are still connected to insiders in the game.  I hear many teams / GM's are now on board with the kid having come clean and put his past behind him . IOW, he might not be on Ryan Grigson's knucklehead list anymore.  As an exclamation point, Pat Kirwan has mocked Noah Spence to the Colts at pick #18, and Nick Martin to the Shoe in round 2.

Spence and Martin one two would be fine with me, followed by Westerman. That would be a heckuva start to filling the critical needs of this team. Grab a decent DT and S with the next two picks and life is good.