Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keep Pollack And Start Him At Center?

He was a highly touted C(natural postion) coming out of college.We forced him to play G(an unnatural position) because of saturday.I think he gets alot of flack for this,and i also expect him to shock alot of people when he finally starts playing C on a regular basis.Don't give-up on him yet.

P.S.Maybe our new coach(?) can get something of value from jerry hughes as well.I think both players will benefit HUGELY from the coaching change and style of play.

He was a highly touted C(natural postion) coming out of college.We forced him to play G(an unnatural position) because of saturday.I think he gets alot of flack for this,and i also expect him to shock alot of people when he finally starts playing C on a regular basis.Don't give-up on him yet.

P.S.Maybe our new coach(?) can get something of value from jerry hughes as well.I think both players will benefit HUGELY from the coaching change and style of play.

I agree I think we gotta resign him for an inexpensive contract to compete for our starting OC position. I think he could do well there since as you said it is his "natural" position. I would think they might sign a veteran in FA as well.

Wow!Both of the guys that i mentioned have ZERO fan support.I think both will make an impact next year.I think hughes might get 10 sacks or more,because i expect he'll be moved to LB'ER.He's also been playing out of position and he's not used to sticking his hand in the ground.We should allow him to just rush from the standing position,which he's most comfortable doing.

I am sure it's something that the Colts are going to look at but I am going to wait for the draft and what happens in the rest of the pre-season before I guess what anyone is going to do on the line next year beyond I think we have our two OTs in place. The other three spots are up in the air I think. Still wouldn't shock me at all if Pollack is our center next year.

Being a center in today's NFL calls for brains also......these guys not only have to block their guy but call out blocking assignments for the Oline. They must have seen something in Pollack to draft him and knowing he may be the eventual successor to Saturday.

He stinks at guard,but each time i've seen him play center,he's been wonderful.He was drafted to replace saturday,and i think people forget that.They base his body of work on his spot guard duties.

The colts are going to resign pollack and start him at Center, the guy was a great center and at that position he has possibly another six years in him.

I get the feeling some of you think the colts are gonna can everyone and depend on the draft dopey for starters lol which is never gonna happen, the colts may draft a center in the 6th round but pollack will be the center.

The colts are going to resign pollack and start him at Center, the guy was a great center and at that position he has possibly another six years in him.

I get the feeling some of you think the colts are gonna can everyone and depend on the draft dopey for starters lol which is never gonna happen, the colts may draft a center in the 6th round but pollack will be the center.

I've always liked pollack and trust he's the right man for the job.We also have another hidden gem on our practice squad(.m.murphy).Our O-LINE is coming together,plus we have crazy depth there as well.

I've always liked pollack and trust he's the right man for the job.We also have another hidden gem on our practice squad(.m.murphy).Our O-LINE is coming together,plus we have crazy depth there as well.

The place the colts really need help is LT and I hope to god likenbach is released and Ben gets the job, the other is guard idk who's gonna okay that spot but if the Oline can find plugs that alone could get the colts back into all the playoffs talk next season.

The place the colts really need help is LT and I hope to god likenbach is released and Ben gets the job, the other is guard idk who's gonna okay that spot but if the Oline can find plugs that alone could get the colts back into all the playoffs talk next season.

I would like to add d.deCastro,if possible.But overall,i'm happy with the O-LINE and it will be much improved next year with a healthy ijalana and a healthy rotation of players in general.We'll resume winning the south next year.

You mean LG or are you not a believer in Castanzo? We need help at RT for sure.

Okay but if we go 3-4...that's it for Freeney and Mathis because they arent big enough to be 3-4 ends..especially Mathis..

I'd like saturday to play as long as Manning is here but its a position we have covered...depth wise...we're Ok

I agree.If we go 3-4 then that changes everything on D.

Could happen..MBCD......because Mathis is a free agent...yoiu dont have to cut him

This would ease our payroll crucnh, too///

..Grigson has Phily roots..so does Spagnola..dont they use a 3-4

3-4 gives you more speed..and we play indoors..maybe we should go there...

..Its possible.

Could happen..MBCD......because Mathis is a free agent...yoiu dont have to cut him

This would ease our payroll crucnh, too///

..Grigson has Phily roots..so does Spagnola..dont they use a 3-4

3-4 gives you more speed..and we play indoors..maybe we should go there...

..Its possible.

But do we have the pieces for a 3-4 defense in place?This i'm not sure of.

Maybe,if he starts.There's a good chance robert(mathis)isn't going to be retained.This is the main reason jerry was even drafted.We can't afford all of our own free agents.

When Peyton retires or is released the team will have plenty of money to pay Mathis and Wayne.

I would like to add d.deCastro,if possible.But overall,i'm happy with the O-LINE and it will be much improved next year with a healthy ijalana and a healthy rotation of players in general.We'll resume winning the south next year.

Not sure who decastro is but with an improved Oline it would go really far for the colts...

The guys the real deal!He's a beast!The best guard(college or NFL) that i've ever seen play!

If he's a first round talent then there's no way he would land on the colts, colts have the 2nd pick in the 2nd round but i dont think they would use that pick on offense unless they were drafting a WR... I'd look for a Guard in the 4th round or later but to be honest i doubt they even draft a Olineman in this draft.