Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question for some fans on here...

I have to wonder if we are expecting too much from Luck.   We all admit the team has holes and would be crap this season without Luck.    What if Luck just plays average?  

I don't think the Colts should be signing multiple high $$ free agents, but some activity would be nice.   People keep saying "be patient" and "we're building a base".   That is good, but you'll never build a base "only" through the draft.   The concept is flawed because this years draft picks will be free agents in 4 years.   The Pats have it figured out.   Make a few impactful free agent signings each year to offset the losses.  

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blind Post: I'm pretty worried about the glaring hole we have at CB2.  Toler is an FA right?  He was terrible anyways.  Butler is good in the slot but not on the outside.  

I don't think we need to go hog wild on signing free agents but we need to fill some holes.

23 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

Or Castonzo, Mewhort, (new guy), (new guy) and Reitz.

Ugh!
  Or Cantstanya, Slowhort,

(and new guy Rookie after Grigs guys (Holmes-Harrison) start and prove 1 more time they ain`t got it) , Thornton, Good.

We have to have a year or two to reset.
 We still have a lot of old guys that are just going to be here for one more year.
 The idea that this draft`s Rookies are going to improve the team much in their year one is long proven Wrong. Hopefully a little.
  A good year to roll over as much $$$ as we can and develop our youth.
 See what we got after next season and make some moves next year to fill holes with some QUALITY i hope.

What is unknown here is the impact this impending extension for Andrew is having on the front office. They aren't gonna do anything to hinder their ability to resign him, and they shouldn't. If we lose him, we are starting completely over. So even if it hurts us a little next season, they were likely never gonna spend big money out on the market this year without knowing they have him secured long term first.

I suspect they will get him done and then depending on what they have left to work with, see what's still out there on the market.

They only signed one of the TEs because they had a little wiggle room and didn't want to lose both.

I think we will be OK and are in better shape than some people think. We went 8-8 last year through a semi disastrous season where we didn't play well and had a lot of injury problems. With the new draft picks and a couple low level free agents, improvement in schemes and a healthy Andrew Luck.....I really don't see any reason to not be extremely excited about next year.

38 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

What is unknown here is the impact this impending extension for Andrew is having on the front office. They aren't gonna do anything to hinder their ability to resign him, and they shouldn't. If we lose him, we are starting completely over. So even if it hurts us a little next season, they were likely never gonna spend big money out on the market this year without knowing they have him secured long term first.

I suspect they will get him done and then depending on what they have left to work with, see what's still out there on the market.

They only signed one of the TEs because they had a little wiggle room and didn't want to lose both.

I think we will be OK and are in better shape than some people think. We went 8-8 last year through a semi disastrous season where we didn't play well and had a lot of injury problems. With the new draft picks and a couple low level free agents, improvement in schemes and a healthy Andrew Luck.....I really don't see any reason to not be extremely excited about next year.

That don't fit into the narration of the doom and gloom bunch.