Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bowl game edge rushers....uuggg

At first blush the Rush OLB/Edge players have been awful in the bowl games.

1. Calhoun Michigan state was invisible his only highlight was getting stiff armed.

2. Carl Lawson Auburn, nothing

3. Floyd OKC, man handled

4. Lewis Neal LSU, zero and really looked slow

5. D Fields Louisville, first play was a sack the he disappeared

6. Shaq Lawson Clemson, did very good (2sacks) in first couple of possessions then got hurt.

7. Trevon Young Louisville, hurt hip on 2nd play.

I know it's just one game but really hoped for better. Some of the fast athletes are getting stopped because better OL techniques and some of the smaller (tweeners) are getting exposed. Will be fun watching Ogbah today and a healthy S Lawson on Saturday. 

Im feeling like Spence Eastern KY and McCallister Florida along with Ogbah and Shaq Lawson are the cream of the crop this year.

2 minutes ago, JRnINDY said:

Very sad to see Jaylon Smith get injured by a stupid block after the play was basically over. Hope it's not serious but looked like a knee blew.

very unfortunately. his draft stock will take a shot too

1 hour ago, JRnINDY said:

Very sad to see Jaylon Smith get injured by a stupid block after the play was basically over. Hope it's not serious but looked like a knee blew.

That looked like an ACL injury to me. That's very unfortunate for him. However,  from a Colts perspective, his draft stock probably dropped and hopefully we can get him @ #17.

On January 1, 2016 at 1:24 PM, CR91 said:

I said in my thread that I am not a fan of calhoun or floyd and you see why. thats why Id rather have ogbah

Calhoun is about on par with Ogbah if not better. He has a nasty first step and active hands.

Ogbah is a physical freak with a lot of power but he's not as developed as a pass rusher.

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Calhoun is about on par with Ogbah if not better. He has a nasty first step and active hands.

Ogbah is a physical freak with a lot of power but he's not as developed as a pass rusher.

calhoun imo is inconsistent and can be man handled at times

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

calhoun imo is inconsistent and can be man handled at times

I think people just expect crazy numbers. Everyone said Bosa had a down year because he didn't blow up the stat sheet and didn't take over games, but his presence is always felt.

Same thing with Calhoun. Plus teams game plan against him.

If we want the best pass rusher in this class then we have to take Spence. He'll be there when we pick and he's going to be a beast from week 1 on. I like Devontae Fields too. I've been saying all along we need to draft 2 pass rushers in this draft. Even if we sign one in FA. I like Fields. I wouldn't mind him in the 4th. I'd go Spence in the 1st. Then one of Fields or Ngawkoue in the 4th.

21 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

If we want the best pass rusher in this class then we have to take Spence. He'll be there when we pick and he's going to be a beast from week 1 on. I like Devontae Fields too. I've been saying all along we need to draft 2 pass rushers in this draft. Even if we sign one in FA. I like Fields. I wouldn't mind him in the 4th. I'd go Spence in the 1st. Then one of Fields or Ngawkoue in the 4th.

Spence intrigues me a lot as well. However, will he actually be a first round pick though? Have not seen anyone mock him him in the first round yet.