Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I feel the Vikings are going to win the NFC North

chad72

I'm scared to make a pick. I was in the minority before and picked the Packers to win the first game. I've since said that the Vikings will blow it when it matters more the 2nd time like they always do, making it a sweep in spite of the Packers being lousy.

Then the Arizona game happened. 

But still, even if the Vikings win Sunday...2012 anyone? 

I think you have to favor the Packers at home. But, either way would not shock me. Just hope it don't end up a rematch of the same two teams a week later since that could haunt one of them.

Although if Seattle loses to the Cardinals I think they are locked in as the 6th seed and would be the ones to go the third seed NFC North winner. 

Sunday night it will all be cleared up and we can make our predictions!!!!

On 12/30/2015 at 2:31 PM, chad72 said:

I feel with Harrison Smith and Linval Joseph back, the Vikings' D will harass Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau Field on Sunday Night.

This will result in the Vikings winning the NFC North for the first time since Favre did it in 2009.

I hope you're right. The Vikings are playing better than the Packers down the stretch despite their three best defenders being out the last few games, including the Arizona game. I was encouraged by how they played against the Cardinals, losing 23-20. Without Barr, Joseph, and Harrison Smith, I thought they would have lost by 20+ points.

Thankfully the Vikes are getting all their players back at just the right time. Let's see what happens Sunday night.

Bucky Brooks agrees with you:

Sunday's matchup with the Packers will serve as a de facto NFC North title game -- and while Green Bay has dominated the division recently, I believe Minnesota is about to force a changing of the guard by beating their longtime rivals and capturing the division for the first time since 2009. I don't think the Vikings will stop there, either, as coach Mike Zimmer is on his way to building a force to be reckoned with in the conference and league going forward.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000613098/article/minnesota-vikings-will-win-north-and-become-true-nfc-power

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I hope you're right. The Vikings are playing better than the Packers down the stretch despite their three best defenders being out the last few games, including the Arizona game. I was encouraged by how they played against the Cardinals, losing 23-20. Without Barr, Joseph, and Harrison Smith, I thought they would have lost by 20+ points.

Thankfully the Vikes are getting all their players back at just the right time. Let's see what happens Sunday night.

Bucky Brooks agrees with you:

Sunday's matchup with the Packers will serve as a de facto NFC North title game -- and while Green Bay has dominated the division recently, I believe Minnesota is about to force a changing of the guard by beating their longtime rivals and capturing the division for the first time since 2009. I don't think the Vikings will stop there, either, as coach Mike Zimmer is on his way to building a force to be reckoned with in the conference and league going forward.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000613098/article/minnesota-vikings-will-win-north-and-become-true-nfc-power

Minnesota has the capacity to take care of this game v. Packers. If the Arizona game is any indication of how to disrupt Aaron Rodgers, the Vikings have certainly taken note of it. The Packers are extremely tough @ Lambeau. Getting a W out of that place is most difficult to any team. However, Minnesota knows them well. And, prior losses to them serve as a critical tool to pulling this out.

This will not be a cake-walk for Green Bay. Should be a very, very good game.

Go Vikes! 

ps - don't throw knives at me BloodyChamp. This game is 50/50 IMO.

46 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Minnesota has the capacity to take care of this game v. Packers. If the Arizona game is any indication of how to disrupt Aaron Rodgers, the Vikings have certainly taken note of it. The Packers are extremely tough @ Lambeau. Getting a W out of that place is most difficult to any team. However, Minnesota knows them well. And, prior losses to them serve as a critical tool to pulling this out.

This will not be a cake-walk for Green Bay. Should be a very, very good game.

Go Vikes! 

ps - don't throw knives at me BloodyChamp. This game is 50/50 IMO.

You're right -- it will be tough to beat GB at Lambeau. I am hopeful that the Vikes can leave there with a win because both the Bears and Lions beat the Packers at Lambeau earlier this year. In addition, the Packers have not played well lately. However, the Packers were not playing well prior to the last time they played us and they beat us handily. So, you never know. 

(Bienvenue de retour. :) )

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

You're right -- it will be tough to beat GB at Lambeau. I am hopeful that the Vikes can leave there with a win because both the Bears and Lions beat the Packers at Lambeau earlier this year. In addition, the Packers have not played well lately. However, the Packers were not playing well prior to the last time they played us and they beat us handily. So, you never know. 

Je suis content de^tre ici. Thanks, NFLfan. Just finished all my holiday rounds about the country in the last 2 1/2 weeks. You're right. The Pack has not played well of late. Thus, giving the Vikings a bit of an edge. However, as you most certainly know, anything can change on a dime. This should be one of the best games this weekend with the divisional crown on the line. Good luck.

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

If you can guys can keep Lacy and Starks from controlling tempo with Linval Joseph back, you will make it a 60 minute game. I am actually rooting for your team :), good luck.

47 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If you can guys can keep Lacy and Starks from controlling tempo with Linval Joseph back, you will make it a 60 minute game. I am actually rooting for your team :), good luck.

Thank you! Linval Joseph may not play. He is listed as doubtful. Hopefully he can play but we need him for the postseason. So, I don't mind if he sits this game out. 

If Minnesota plays as awful as they did the first game, GB won't have any problems. 

The important factor here is that either outcome will probably end up being a wildcard rematch a week later. If I was Minnesota, I wouldn't even bother, just rest starters and play for next week when it's the playoffs. GB typically is weak in the playoffs. 

9 hours ago, Bogie said:

If Minnesota plays as awful as they did the first game, GB won't have any problems. 

The important factor here is that either outcome will probably end up being a wildcard rematch a week later. If I was Minnesota, I wouldn't even bother, just rest starters and play for next week when it's the playoffs. GB typically is weak in the playoffs. 

I'm never in favor of this type of thing but what's the difference really and truly? Home field? Not when the Vikings are playing outdoors too now. And 2012 is 1 of 56,876 examples of a team winning the week 17 "playoff" game only to lose the WC playoff game. And if I don't acknowledge that the stakes aren't exactly the same this year somebody will correct it yap yap yap but it's still the same context. And somebody might say nu uh 2009 Cowboys and Eagles alright fine...1 example in football history is an exception.

13 hours ago, Bogie said:

If Seattle loses to Arizona then they are the sixth seed. So Seattle would travel to either GB or Minny for the WC round. If I was Minny I would lose and take my chances going to DC to play the Skins.

9 minutes ago, amfootball said:

If Seattle loses to Arizona then they are the sixth seed. So Seattle would travel to either GB or Minny for the WC round. If I was Minny I would lose and take my chances going to DC to play the Skins.

Nope.  We play to win. 

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Nope.  We play to win. 

Of course. I was just suggesting that given how badly Seattle beat Minny a few weeks ago. More favorable match up with Skins I would think. But I am sure Minny would like to win the division. A home playoff game is also pretty sweet.

12 hours ago, Solon said:

The Vikings delivered and now they're ready to get demolished by Seahawks.

...like a lamb led to the slaughter, I can see it coming. Hey, it is what it is. I think the Seahawks are a better #6 seed than the Steelers on the AFC side due to fewer weaknesses compared to the Steelers.

Minny was missing some key defensive players the first time so I expect a closer game.  They need a big game from Peterson, though, and the Seahawks defense is very tough to run on.  If they bottle him up and the Vikings have to rely on Bridgewater they're in trouble.  He looked totally overmatched against the Seattle D in the first game.