Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat went a tad savage on twitter

twfish

7 minutes ago, James said:

Yup. Look at the statistics and not one situation.

Hekker is the better punter.

I did happen to look up the stats too and they are pretty close other than the return yards which has more to do with the other players on punt coverage.  I don't believe you can definitively say one is better than the other, unless you are talking about cowering, in which case Hekker is much better than McAfee.

On December 28, 2015 at 3:48 AM, James Harden said:

Joe and Pat freaking killed me...haha I can't stop. This stuff is gold. 

It was funny but in my opinion Pat came off worse for it.  Though funny his responses weren't a good representation of the team.  His responses were repetitive and seemed to validate that Joe was right because he had no rational retort to his tweets.   Meanwhile the Hey Joe guy showed some variety, creativity and legit criticisms in some of his tweets.  Colts have beat their chests a lot and hooped and hollered in the locker room over beating some pretty mediocre teams in a mediocre season that has been full of grit but little consistency.  Save the chest beating for when we can actually best the Patriots or Pittsburgh in my opinion.  Right now we are just a contender in a mediocre division whose playoff bubble perilously survives till Sunday but with nine more pins pointing in its direction.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Well….  The Dodgers did draft Liatu.  So they clearly wanted more DE talent.     And next season (25) I expect all DE’s back.     Liatu, Ebukam, Dayo, Paye and Lewis.  I’d be disappointed if they’re not.  
    • That's very reasonable. What is the name of the course?
    • I was on the pick up payes option train.  I’ve actually said on this board I’d want Paye back (at the right price).  So we agree there.   In response to what you’ve said, this is what I’m getting at.  I said that Paye was solid against the run and maybe solid is not giving him enough credit, I’ll give you that one.  But what I’m saying is does being just good against the run warrants not giving snaps to other players who have performed better in pass situations?  Despite Payes overall stats improving yearly, his pressure rate has declined in 3 straight years and he played 16 games last year.  Good/solid against the run and above avg against the pass in this scheme is going to standout.     Once again, how good is Paye at the run that we let other defensive ends who have better pressure rates (ie. Lewis) sit on the sideline?  I don’t want this to sound like I’m crapping on qwitty because he’s a solid player.  What I’m saying is that I do think we can use an upgrade and the colts did also.  Now who goes to the sidelines between Ebukam or Paye, that’s for them two to figure out, but my money is on Paye.     So am I saying he’s bad against the run, no.  A bad player, no.  IMO is his run defense good enough to not at least try and see what we have with other DEs who can pass rush better, nope.  
    • How many Mulligans do we get? I may need an unlimited amount!
    • And yet, didn’t the Colts pick up Paye's 5th year option?      Most posts here complain Paye isn’t a good enough pass rusher.  Now here you are saying he’s not a good enough run defender.      What do the Colts know about Paye that the fan base here does not appear to?    
  • Members

• ReMeDy

ReMeDy 476

• Powerslave

Powerslave 61

• Blueblood23

Blueblood23 1,010

• IndyEV

IndyEV 98

• Tsarquise

Tsarquise 1,244

• jimmy g