Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harrison or Holmes

RockThatBlue

center  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who should start at center

I'd like to say Harrison because he has displayed more power but he is late to pick up blitzes and just don't have the mobility of Holmes. However by no means has Holmes shown to be the answer moving forward to me, Just the better of the two evils. Quite bluntly I am sick and tired of talking about O Line issues however, The whole issue makes me sick. I quite bluntly think some of them lack real effort or half*** it. Now a couple of them quite genuinely stink but there are a couple starting that should be much better then what they are and those are the ones that really burn my butt while watching them (Thornton...And Mewhort)

8 hours ago, Gavin said:

I'd like to say Harrison because he has displayed more power but he is late to pick up blitzes and just don't have the mobility of Holmes. However by no means has Holmes shown to be the answer moving forward to me, Just the better of the two evils. Quite bluntly I am sick and tired of talking about O Line issues however, The whole issue makes me sick. I quite bluntly think some of them lack real effort or half*** it. Now a couple of them quite genuinely stink but there are a couple starting that should be much better then what they are and those are the ones that really burn my butt while watching them (Thornton...And Mewhort)

:thmup:

Harrison...not becaue he's better, but because he seems to at least be reliable at this point..

Holmes is out again with a bad ankle.  His ankles have been bad is entire short career, and I believe going back to his senior year at USC.

Gotta see if Harrison can improve, because I don't think Holmes will be very reliable...and his contract won't be around after next season.

I'd like the coaches to try Mewhort at C, to see if there is any long term potential there.

45 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Holmes is the better talent and is definitely the smarter of the two. I feel like the only edge Harrison has over Holmes is strength and run blocking.

That's exactly what he's has and the unpredictable snap fumble 

Easy for me one can't stay on the field and Rotoworld calls him one of the worst interoir blockers in the league. I have been calling for that soft bum to get his walking papers for 2 yrs.

That leaves Harrison. The fact is we need to make C a priority in FA and as another poster added draft a guy like Martin from ND who can play C and G. 

Maybe keep Harrison around as the back up if we don't get anything in the draft.

You would see a big jump in both Mewhort and Thorton's play with a good C between them. 

Starting the year with Holmes as the started was stupid. 

Give Mewhort a shot at center since he hasn't blown anyone away at G ot T.  When Costanzo gets healthy try   Costanzo, Reitz, Mewhort, Thornton, Good (our 5 best linemen).  Herremans, Louis, Holmes, and Harrison as backups.