Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

freeney can still play

aaron11

just wanted to point that out to everyone that face palmed when his name was brought up as a possible addition this off season

he probably would be the best rusher on the colts at the moment as well (again)

You are preaching to the choir, at least with this guy :), I brought his name up on September 10th for pass rushing situations.

http://forums.colts.com/topic/40251-could-our-old-pal-dwight-freeney-be-used-for-passing-situations/?hl=freeney

I did see one vintage tornado spin move vs Seattle last night. It made me smile. 

I did a double take last night when I saw a Freeny jersey in a Patriots uniform last night. When did Dwight sign with NE? Just Kidding! 

I know; I know 2 different games with 2 different LB last names: Jonathan Freeny vs Dwight Freeney. 

never said i wanted him to start.  he could have been used depth here

He was a liability when he was here under our current defensive system.  He could be used for depth here, sure, but as a practical matter, he's not going to add much more than anyone else on our roster.  Trent Cole maybe, but as a practical matter, you're not going to take a cap hit on Cole just so you can add whatever you might think you're gonna get out of Freeney.  

just wanted to point that out to everyone that face palmed when his name was brought up as a possible addition this off season

he probably would be the best rusher on the colts at the moment as well (again)

I've always liked Freeney. One of my all time favourite Colts.

It's a shame he was out there so long and we didn't grab him. I hope he stays health and continues to do well.