Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

screen plays...

bap1331

this team is a serious contender if they stop the screens. The only real reason all these teams have kept the game close was because of screen plays. Brady killed us on screen plays and Peytons were really costly and what kept the game close. If they can close that gap, really they just worry about the passing game.

Defense needs to stop the following:

- Screens

- Back-breaking 3rd and long conversions (I've never seen a defense do so well on 1st and 2nd down and then let an opposing team convert on 3rd and 10+ down and distances like the opponent is going against air).

Defense needs to improve dramatically in these areas:

- Pass rush

- Defending the middle of the field

- DBs not named Daivs or Adams finding the ball in the air

Defense needs to stop the following:

- Screens

- Back-breaking 3rd and long conversions (I've never seen a defense do so well on 1st and 2nd down and then let an opposing team convert on 3rd and 10+ down and distances like the opponent is going against air).

Defense needs to improve dramatically in these areas:

- Pass rush

- Defending the middle of the field

- DBs not named Daivs or Adams finding the ball in the air

Hard to believe STOP THE RUN isn't on that list.

The D has come a LONG way in that area. I'm impressed. Could this be adding to the D giving up the longer passes? (8 in box and commiting rushers)

this team is a serious contender if they stop the screens. The only real reason all these teams have kept the game close was because of screen plays. Brady killed us on screen plays and Peytons were really costly and what kept the game close. If they can close that gap, really they just worry about the passing game.

Screens and those short crosses(picks).l have hurt us.

We Also have difficultly defending TEs.

Pressure on QB could always be better (as with most teams) but this new style (screens/short passing) doesnt give your defense enuff time to get there anyway.

This is the offense du Jour. difficult to defend.

The D has come a LONG way in that area. I'm impressed. Could this be adding to the D giving up the longer passes? (8 in box and commiting rushers)

Believe me, it was refreshing not including "run defense" on the improvement list.

Although, I will be even more impressed if the run defense continues to perform well with Anderson out.

Next year's run D, with Jones and Anderson back, could be something special.

Also, I would love it if the Colts landed Sheldon Day in the '16 draft.

Believe me, it was refreshing not including "run defense" on the improvement list.

Although, I will be even more impressed if the run defense continues to perform well with Anderson out.

Next year's run D, with Jones and Anderson back, could be something special.

Also, I would love it if the Colts landed Sheldon Day in the '16 draft.

There are few players from the IRISH I would love to have Day and Russell CB kid is a play maker sealed Temple and USC W's with pretty athletic int's. Martin can play all 3 interior OL. Prosise is intersting too.

Then of course dream guys LB Jaylon Smitn or Staley OT

This is going to become tougher and tougher as the season wears on without 6'6" 310 lbs. Henry Anderson clogging lanes and/or making plays.  There is no replacement for him that will even come close.

I agree there are a few things we have to stop to be consistently solid, but look at it this way.. Except for a few bad spurts, I like this defense the most out of all our defenses we've fielded in a while.  Our defense will never be great for the fact that we have to pay big contracts on offense for guys like Hilton and Luck. But I'm okay with just a solid defense, as long as our offense is elite of course..