Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Welker signs with Rams

danlhart87

Wow. Man I thought Brian Quick was going to be a superstar when he came out in that class with Luck and them. But he's had some injuries and barley played. Then I also though Bailey and Austin were going to be something special lol. but Austin is looking a lot better this year. He may finally end up being a pretty good receiver. All in all. Welker's not gonna do them much good. If he even plays a snap.

Great player. I wish him well.

Yes, Welker was an incredible WR that I always respected for his IQ, clutch catches, & toughness. I felt so bad for him that he never won a SB ring because he deserved one. 1 hades of a competitor for his small stature & so fast in his heyday converting 3rd downs.

I heard on NFL Network that he & has wife have twins now as well. Nothing but mad respect & love for Wes. A worthy adversary & foe. I don't worry about him sustaining any more concussions though just like INDY's own Austin Collie back in the day. You have a beautiful wife Wes. Just be careful out there okay.  

Welker's one concussion away from being a vegetable.  Go into coaching or something, man.  Don't risk your health like this

I get what you're driving at 21. You're not wrong, but some guys just have this warrior gene inside their DNA like a nascar driver, smoke jumper, or special forces sniper. It's who Wes is & how he is wired like an adreneline junkie. 

Logically you're right. He's gotta wrap up football soon, but when this is the only thing that gets you're competitive juices flowing, you do it until every NFL GM says no to your face. Wes's daredevil side of his personality will never die. I have a relative like this. He doesn't view it as recklessness just excitement that keeps him alive. Part of it is denying your own mortality yes, but part of it is just neverending competitiveness in everything you do against another even if it's folding napkins or beating you at Madden on XBOX or PS4. 

It was cool to see LB Willie McGinest honored by the Patriots HOF earlier this year & I hope to see Wes Welker get some Foxboro praise later on by Robert Kraft eventually.

Yeah I know, he never won a ring for the organization. Who cares? He was a phenomenal wr man who was very close to winning jewelry in 2007 & he trained Julian Edelman playing a vital role in his development. An awesome guy that I revered as an AFC rival. 

Plus, Wes played well for 2 HOF QBs in Brady & Manning with different styles & got to the Big Dance. That means a great deal to me. How crucial Welker was in both of their tenures as a field generals. With Wes, it's more than stats alone...If you needed a 1st down, he did the gritty work to get it: Either on punt returns, blocking down field, & keeping a drive alive to bleep the clock. Wes did it all man. 

I also remember when Wes landed in Denver & Peyton raved about how smart Wes was the ultimate security blanket that would come back to the ball whenever a play broke down & 18 needed to be rescued. Not a slam on Peyton BTW. Just highlighting how savvy Welker was at knowing exactly what his QB needed most. You can't teach that. You just know it or you don't & Wes was supremely gifted in this area. 

It was cool to see LB Willie McGinest honored by the Patriots HOF earlier this year & I hope to see Wes Welker get some Foxboro praise later on by Robert Kraft eventually.

Yeah I know, he never won a ring for the organization. Who cares? He was a phenomenal wr man who was very close to winning jewelry in 2007 & he trained Julian Edelman playing a vital role in his development. An awesome guy that I revered as an AFC rival.

Plus, Wes played well for 2 HOF QBs in Brady & Manning with different styles & got to the Big Dance. That means a great deal to me. How crucial Welker was in both of their tenures as a field generals. With Wes, it's more than stats alone...If you needed a 1st down, he did the gritty work to get it: Either on punt returns, blocking down field, & keeping a drive alive to bleep the clock. Wes did it all man.

I also remember when Wes landed in Denver & Peyton raved about how smart Wes was the ultimate security blanket that would come back to the ball whenever a play broke down & 18 needed to be rescued. Not a slam on Peyton BTW. Just highlighting how savvy Welker was at knowing exactly what his QB needed most. You can't teach that. You just know it or you don't & Wes was supremely gifted in this area.

18 didn't deliver when it mattered. That second INT is an ouch moment.

What do you think?

It was cool to see LB Willie McGinest honored by the Patriots HOF earlier this year & I hope to see Wes Welker get some Foxboro praise later on by Robert Kraft eventually.

Doubtful SW. Welker left on terrible terms and bad mouthed Bill on the way out. He will never have the standing that Willie does inside Patriot Place.