Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is the best undefeated team?

RockThatBlue

Is it considered garbage time when you are still in with a shot of winning the game? A slim chance but a chance nonetheless.

When the D completely changes what they were doing making it so you have to drive slowly down the field.. Yes it's garbage time.. Just like Pitt got that TD with 2 seconds left.

Cinci has 10 days left of greatness, then they turn into a pumkin on Nov 1. If the NFL handed out trophies for best team through week 6 Cinci would be hanging banners every year. Once the real season starts in November they turn back into Marvin Lewis' Bengals.  

Is it late in the year?

The question isn't which of the undefeated teams has the best chance of winning the supetbowl

No the question was which one is the best right now.. They are not. Now after they face Pitt we will see, I see a lopsided loss for them that game.

No. That TD wasn't in garbage time. I guess if we recovered the kick it would have been a garbage time recovery.

I would agree it was not a garbage time TD. I was still nervous because on sides are hardly impossible.

BB was which is why he called for Collins to high jump to block the kick because now that means the worst that can happen is a tie and OT.

I would agree it was not a garbage time TD. I was still nervous because on sides are hardly impossible.

BB was which is why he called for Collins to high jump to block the kick because now that means the worst that can happen is a tie and OT.

I would agree its a garbage time TD if you guys were up 30+. But you were only up 13. Lord knows crazy things happen at the end of games. Just look at the KC Denver game. KC had a two score lead with 2 mins to go and look how that turned out

I would agree its a garbage time TD if you guys were up 30+. But you were only up 13. Lord knows crazy things happen at the end of games. Just look at the KC Denver game. KC had a two score lead with 2 mins to go and look how that turned out

Yep as BB well knows.  Which is why he called for the Collins high jump at that point and he won't be able to use it again. BB knew the colts got low on PAT so he called it in case you did recover the onside which now would only result in a tie if you had scored another TD.

An interesting question always seems to come up when ranking top teams.

Is winning close games the sign of a great team? Breaking a tie or coming from behind?

Playing your best when everything is on the line?

Or is beating teams by 3 TDs the sign of a great team.

The arguement being that a great team isn't often tied or behind in the 4th quarter.

I dont know the answer