Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The haters are in full force today

IcyRhythms

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the main issue I have is the lack of consistency when playing NE it seems

when the Colts hold, etc and it's obvious, it's usually called...even when it's not obvious, it's called.

But NE is hardly ever called for those penalties, even when it's obvious (Langford take down)

I agree NE gets away with a lot when they play the Colts. I can't speak for the other teams as i don't watch the other teams when they play NE. NE has gotten away with a lot for a long time now when they play the Colts. Refs. do need to be more consistent then then they are. At the same time the Colts have to be more disciplined to avoid the stupid holding penalties in the first place.   

It was a good game until approximately two minutes left in the 3rd Q.  That's when Pagano lit the match under the dumpster of which the fumes directly exhausted through the vents of the owner's suite.

Pagano's football credentials & pleasant personality aside, I enjoyed the visual imagery of that sentence cf. Quite vivid in scope. 

I do feel bad for Pagano in the sense that nobody, let alone a HC in the Natl. Football League, wants to embarrass themselves across the globe like that. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. 

Hang in there Chuck. As Vincent Price AKA Egghead would say "You'll be feeling eggcellent in no time." Too much? Probably, but I needed a 1960's Batman villain to go with Jules's post & I seldom get to use Vincent Price these days...1 of my all time favorite sinister voices around when he was still alive especially his signature laugh...

%2523102-103%2BA.jpg

I'm not hating but I am sick of the team not getting some fundamental things fixed:

1. Run the football.  13 carries for Frank Gore against top competition is not good enough.  The OL was doing a good job against the Pats DL.  How do we not come out on the 2nd half committing to the run?
  2. Too many penalties
  3. Poor coaching - really tired of talking about the play calling and the inability to make adjustments from series to series
  4. Not converting 3rd downs
  5. No pass rush

The upside:

1. 1st half best 30 minutes we played offensively against a good team all season
  2. The DL against the run is good enough to win a lot of games.  One mistake on the Blount run.
  3. DBs had some solid play in the 2nd half.
  4. Moncrief will be a #1 eventually.
  5. Colts came out with aggression and avoided their typical slow start.  Give Chuck a pat on the back for that

I agree with the most of this. I think the pass rush was improved, however. Guys were disrupting Brady's throws on several plays that I can recall. It was by no means good enough, but improved. We should have definitely continued pounding the football. The coaching was subpar and the ridiculous, ill timed penalties are just painstaking.