Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything that could go wrong, did.

cmgww

After watching and digesting last night's game....I'm thinking that we are just snakebitten. Yes, I know the issues with the offensive line, the play calling, Luck being "off" etc. I don't want to rehash that. The old cliche is that football is a game of inches....and last night the ball just didn't bounce our way. All, freaking, night!!

1. First year, flag happy referee and crew throwing laundry all over the place...killing our first drive. Giving the Jets new life on that PI call against Vontae...it was probably the correct call but usually the home team gets away with a few. And it wasn't blatant IMO.

2. Gore, who has never been known as a fumble prone RB, gets the ball punched out at the one yard line!

Of course the Jets recover it.

3. Vinatieri misses a 29, yes 29 yard FG....at home. Wow.

4. Luck scrambles and fumbles, something he rarely does.

5. Already thin at CB, we lose our best corner, allowing Fitzpatrick to throw all over the place.

As the game went on, it just felt like everything was going the Jets' way.

Look, I know this team has issues, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. This is an improved Jets team for sure. Geno getting his jaw broken was a blessing in disguise for them.

All of this, and we still had a chance to win until late in the game. So yes, the team is 0-2. But man the breaks aren't going our way. Maybe this is the football gods getting back for 2012 when ALL the breaks went our way, lol.

If Gore doesn't fumble on the one, it's a whole other game

If Vinny never missed that chip shot, it's a whole other game

If the Refs weren't as flag happy (for both teams) its a whole other game

and probably most importantly 

If Vontae  never got injured, it's a whole other game. Especially after we made it 10-7. We had some momentum and had we stopp them there (which I fully believe we could have done if we had Vontae) i'm willing to bet we would march down the field and score.

Theres still lots of work to do and mistakes to clean up (and I mean A lot), but i'm confident this team will rebound and get it done, not just next game, but for the rest of the season

I mentioned this before but I thought the same thing when watching, Colts just had a few plays not executed which would have changed the complexion,especially early on. I feel like a goose posting because of my lack of knowledge but just going off what I saw there are plenty of positives.

Be careful, you may get accused of making excuses. If you don't go with the flow of being negative you will be pointed out. After rewatching the game IMO we were never out of it till Davis went down. Where the main problem was the turnovers and penalties. Plus the fact that 3 of the defensive backs were inactive. I have faith this team will bounce back and hopefully end some of this fire everyone from Irsay all the way down to the ball boys. No fan likes losing but there are 16 teams every week that does lose except the bye weeks. You notice I added in the bye weeks because someone would have mentioned this and tell me I am wrong and make an issue of it. I have always stated that being a 'fan' is short for being a fanatic. This forum has it's share of those. I am a Colt fan but not to the point where I feel the need to turn on them after a couple of tough losses.

Well said. I think we're pretty spoiled around here (myself included at times). But i remember the Jack Trudeau days, Lod Help Our Colts, etc. We've had two losing seasons since 1999. Yes we're off to a bad start. But last night was just "one of those games." I am confident the Colts can right this ship

No question that the Colts have had their fair share of just flat out bad luck in the past two games.  I think it's fair to point that out.  However, you can't really do anything about luck which is why people don't like to talk about it.  They can however work on the mistakes they made and try to correct those things which is why people talk about those things.

Oh I get that for sure. I'm just pointing out the odd nature of the game. A few plays/calls here and there and we probably win. Doesn't mean we don't have issues. Those are well documented on here. But this team will get better....

I agree with that as well.  I know this isn't popular right now but I think most of the things that have been going on can be corrected.  With that said, I will fully admit I was stunned that little to nothing was corrected from week one to week two.  If anything I think they looked worse last night.  That is disturbing, even with all the flatout bad luck.  Still, I look at the talent that is on this roster and I have a hard-time believing the Colts will be this bad all season long. 

Well said. I think we're pretty spoiled around here (myself included at times). But i remember the Jack Trudeau days, Lod Help Our Colts, etc. We've had two losing seasons since 1999. Yes we're off to a bad start. But last night was just "one of those games." I am confident the Colts can right this ship

Yes I remember those days well. I have been a Colt fan since Bert Jones and Lydell Mitchell. Speaking of Lord Help Our Colts I have Duke Tomatoes greatest hits CD and listen to it once in a while. Duke was a fantastic live band in the local bars here in Indy.

I would agree and would add poor coaching decisions as well.  Like Gore would rip off a 5-10 yard run then Robinson would be in there.  Stay with the guy who is hot!  I guess Gore COULD be tapping out but I doubt it.  I just think Gore, minus the fumble, has been the best thing with this offense so far.  To take him out is ludicrous at this point.  He needs at LEAST 20 touches a game.

I haven't re-watched the Game yet but...

1. I seem to remember that the play when Lance Louis sat out Luck had so much time he could have went for coffee..

2. Is Gore ok . He has a good run and then out he goes.....Did we get an injured back?

3. I think until the 3rd or 4th quarter that after the Defense look pretty good against this team they took out some of the mainly successful players I mean Werner was back in there.smh... we were trying to win right?

4th I liked Robinson during Preseason . but no to much in the Last two Games . Varga on the other hand seems pretty good and I like him returning kicks and Whalen Returning Punts. (just catch the ball) I wouldn't want Dorsett to get hurt ....