Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Very Conservative Today

oldunclemark

There was at least one pass to Brown, but the problem was that they simply couldn't run up the middle as they have been recently (although I will say that Brown made something out of nothing on a couple of occasions). You could make the argument that they should have stopped trying to run, but if they had we would have been knocking that.

Todays game was winnable if not for all the turnovers.

There was at least one pass to Brown, but the problem was that they simply couldn't run up the middle as they have been recently (although I will say that Brown made something out of nothing on a couple of occasions). You could make the argument that they should have stopped trying to run, but if they had we would have been knocking that.

Todays game was winnable if not for all the turnovers.

I'm biased towards Brown but he didnt see the field until the second quarter...

..and Carter was in at the end...

....Did Anthony Costanzo play.. I didnt see him..

I'm not saying we didn't play to win today, but why kick it off after that last TD.

They played it exactly the same way as they did in the Texans game, which worked out perfectly. They just couldn't quite get that third down stop when they needed it. It's probably a little early for an onside kick because the odds of recovering one have to be less than the odds of stopping the Jaguars anemic offense.

I'm biased towards Brown but he didnt see the field until the second quarter...

..and Carter was in at the end...

....Did Anthony Costanzo play.. I didnt see him..

He didn't get called for any penalties! Woo ho. I'm sure he played, but I know that Reitz did not. I'm not sure how big a difference that made, or why the run was so ineffective. I can't imagine that the Jags run defense is that much better than the Texans. If it was simply a matter of them playing to force us to pass, and Orlovsky having a bad game (or reverting to form - depending on how what you think of the guy), than it only goes to prove once again how doomed this season was without Peyton.

He didn't get called for any penalties! Woo ho. I'm sure he played, but I know that Reitz did not. I'm not sure how big a difference that made, or why the run was so ineffective. I can't imagine that the Jags run defense is that much better than the Texans. If it was simply a matter of them playing to force us to pass, and Orlovsky having a bad game (or reverting to form - depending on how what you think of the guy), than it only goes to prove once again how doomed this season was without Peyton.

Great point, I brought this up last week why has Donald Brown been put on the back burner?

Great point, I brought this up last week why has Donald Brown been put on the back burner?

I can only assume that when Adaii is healthy he is "the starter", and then they go back to that alternating series business they've been doing for years. That's fine if it works - and the change of pace back starts breaking things open against a tiring defense like even Rhodes was able to do on occasion - but personally I would think that the rotation should change based on circumstance. When the middle of the field is shut off, start sweeping Brown to the outside. Or put Brown and Adaii in at the same time and drive the other team nuts with screen passes all over the place. Just running right up the middle wasn't going to get it done today.

I almost felt that the Colts "went" for it on 4th a few times just to appear to be agressive...although it didn't really work we just need a complete overhaul. I hope to see tomorrow morning "BREAKING NEWS: Jim Caldwell fired...."

If Caldwell DID actually change his habits because of comments made on web sites such as this (not agressive enough, not emotional enough on the sidelines) then he will be fired, because that would smack of an unhealthy desperation. I think it more likely that fans are just reading into this what they want to see.

The fact is that we weren't more agressive in this game - we went for it on fourth down precisely once, and that was on a very short yardage play immediately after a turnover, when we already had points on the board, appeared to be able to move the ball, and where the field goal still would have left us behind. At the time I thought it was a no-brainer, and not surprised by the call one way or the other.

And regarding him being more demonstrative on the field (as others have said), I just have to wonder how much of that is up to the director in the booth. We've never know what he's doing every minute of the game. Even if you are there in person, you obviously didn't spend all that money to stare at the coach. We have no idea whether he has changed, or whether the camera happened to catch him recently by coincidence, or whether the directors are intentional showing him when he does something now because it has become an issue.