Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hypothetical Rb Cuts/additions

Yeah, this makes me "that guy" to a degree.... hurry up and let the season begin!!!!

Seeing as the Seahawks are adding Lynch's buddy Fred Jackson..... if they cut either Robert Turbin, or and more likely, Christine Michael...... would either one, and especially Michael, be worth a look as 3rd/4th RB?  supposing they would even come here..... although it's not like either one would find a team to let them be the surefire #2 back this time of season....  Michael has good numbers in limited action, but has a bit of a fumbling problem..... he is bigger than I remembered, at 5'-10" 220 lbs....

I think we are having enough trouble evaluating our own RB's... never mind any outside the building at this time...

If Ballard can show SOMETHING in this 4th game i think he stays on the roster and it would be

Gore > Boom / Robinson > Ballard

If Ballard is done, which unfortunately it looks like is the case, then it would probably be

Gore > Boom / Robinson > Tipton OR Varga

No need to bring in someone else.

I keep it as is for the Colts.

I loved Ballard when healthy.  He is not so I am very sad about his condition at this point.

Gore, Herron, Robinson, and Varga are my choices even though I love Tipton in open field.  Tipton goes to the practice squad.  Varga could be called a FB/H-back too and all conceivably could be on the roster.  Probably not.

Tipton and Varga have been the first ones down along with Sheldon Price this preseason.  There are a lot of variables still to consider. :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

Christine Michael

i doubt they will let him go now, hes cheap and their other backs besides turbin will be over 30 after this season.

also, no need to make a trade when we have 4 guys of our own(possibly 5 with ballard) that belong on a roster