Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here (2015 edition)!

What's a good trade offer for Doug Martin?

It's a PPR league

My team:

QB: romo

RB: Lacy, Randle, D Robinson (weak rbs, I know)

WR: Megatron, K Allen, Devante Adams, John Brown, Dorsett

TE: Kelce, Eifert

His team:

QB: Newton, Rivers

RB: Lynch, Hyde, Crowell, Martin, Bush

WR: Green, Decker, Colston, Latimer, Moncrief

TE: Hill

I don't know the exact number of teams (guessing 12), but I'd offer Kelce straight up for Martin and pick someone up off waivers for TE. This is a situation where he only has one weakness and you can't really help him yourself without destroying your team. Try Keenan Allen first if you are willing to pay a bit for Martin, that's the only other option.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need some help with my WR2 and my Flex. Right now my WR2 is Brandin Cooks and my flex is Latavius Murray. For WR, I have Alshon Jeffrey(my WR1), Charles Johnson, Steve Smith, and Torrey Smith. For RB, I have Duke Johnson.

Also, should I pick up Zach Ertz? If so, who should I drop?

Need some help with my WR2 and my Flex. Right now my WR2 is Brandin Cooks and my flex is Latavius Murray. For WR, I have Alshon Jeffrey(my WR1), Charles Johnson, Steve Smith, and Torrey Smith. For RB, I have Duke Johnson.

Also, should I pick up Zach Ertz? If so, who should I drop?

I would stand pat with Jeffrey and Cooks as your WRs and Murray as the Flex. As far as Ertz goes, I don't know who your starting TE is. I love Ertz, but I can't tell if it's a good or bad move to drop him. I would probably drop Steve Smith for him if you have a terrible one given the options listed.

I don't know the exact number of teams (guessing 12), but I'd offer Kelce straight up for Martin and pick someone up off waivers for TE. This is a situation where he only has one weakness and you can't really help him yourself without destroying your team. Try Keenan Allen first if you are willing to pay a bit for Martin, that's the only other option.

I appreciate the input! It is 12 teams. I think I'm going to go with Keenan Allen and Wheaton for Martin and Colston. Pay a bit more than id like with just Allen, but Colston is an upgrade over Wheaton

I would stand pat with Jeffrey and Cooks as your WRs and Murray as the Flex. As far as Ertz goes, I don't know who your starting TE is. I love Ertz, but I can't tell if it's a good or bad move to drop him. I would probably drop Steve Smith for him if you have a terrible one given the options listed.

Ok. Thanks! I have Fleener as my starting TE. Not terrible, but I was wondering if I needed to add another TE.

I appreciate the input! It is 12 teams. I think I'm going to go with Keenan Allen and Wheaton for Martin and Colston. Pay a bit more than id like with just Allen, but Colston is an upgrade over Wheaton

That would be a good trade if you can do it. A solid rb is worth it's own weight in a 12 team league, and WRs are very common. You'll be fine at WR and Martin will help a lot.

Need some second opinions

QB: Brees vs Arizona or Rivers vs Detroit

WR2: Funchess vs Jax, Watkins vs Ind or Boldin vs Minnisota

TE: Rudolf vs San Fran or Dallen vs Buffalo

Go with Brees first. Even though Arizona has some solid CB's, they are still a middle of the pack team vs the pass. He should do better than Rivers week 1. Funchess is the obvious choice for your WR2 in week 1. No kelvin Benjamin, he will be the Panthers no1 WR vs a weak Jax secondary. Watkins will be facing Vontae Davis all game, and Boldin is facing a very good pass defense in Minnesota and he stinks anyway. Lastly, go with Rudolph over Dwayne Allen. The Bills have the best defense in the league against TE's, and with Allen and Fleener getting split opportunities, you may get a goose egg. Best case scenario is Allen gets a td by luck. Rudolph is against a depleted San Fran defense and Bridgewater is still a young qb that is good and will look to his TE in Rudolph often. Good Luck!

Go with Brees first. Even though Arizona has some solid CB's, they are still a middle of the pack team vs the pass. He should do better than Rivers week 1. Funchess is the obvious choice for your WR2 in week 1. No kelvin Benjamin, he will be the Panthers no1 WR vs a weak Jax secondary. Watkins will be facing Vontae Davis all game, and Boldin is facing a very good pass defense in Minnesota and he stinks anyway. Lastly, go with Rudolph over Dwayne Allen. The Bills have the best defense in the league against TE's, and with Allen and Fleener getting split opportunities, you may get a goose egg. Best case scenario is Allen gets a td by luck. Rudolph is against a depleted San Fran defense and Bridgewater is still a young qb that is good and will look to his TE in Rudolph often. Good Luck!

Thanks man. I figured I was going with that anyway just wanted to be sure.

What do you think about this trade I was offered:

My team 8 man ppr league

Qb luck

RB Lacy

RB D Murray

WR D Thomas

WR Hilton

TE Witten

Flex Hopkins

Kicker Tucker

Defense Ravens

Bench

Abdullah

Tevin Colemen

Alfred Bleu

J Landry

A Robbinson

M Stafford

Trade offered D Murray, and Hilton for Antonio Brown and Jeremy Hill what do you think I think it's a better trade for me

My team 8 man ppr league

Qb luck

RB Lacy

RB D Murray

WR D Thomas

WR Hilton

TE Witten

Flex Hopkins

Kicker Tucker

Defense Ravens

Bench

Abdullah

Tevin Colemen

Alfred Bleu

J Landry

A Robbinson

M Stafford

Trade offered D Murray, and Hilton for Antonio Brown and Jeremy Hill what do you think I think it's a better trade for me

I would take that trade all day long. Brown is the PPR king by far, and I think Hill will have a better year than Murray. Even if he doesn't, the jump from Hilton to Brown still makes it well worth it

What's a good trade offer for Doug Martin?

It's a PPR league

My team:

QB: romo

RB: Lacy, Randle, D Robinson (weak rbs, I know)

WR: Megatron, K Allen, Devante Adams, John Brown, Dorsett

TE: Kelce, Eifert

His team:

QB: Newton, Rivers

RB: Lynch, Hyde, Crowell, Martin, Bush

WR: Green, Decker, Colston, Latimer, Moncrief

TE: Hill

Martin is an injury risk. Better off looking at someone else. You have 2 good RB'S imo though. I Would only offer a straight up for devante Adams or John brown. You can only play 3 and they are the same fantasy wise. But they are both slightly better than Martin.

Should I start tevin coleman or Carlos Hyde? Ppr

That is a tough one. Falcons like to pass, but Coleman is an unknown rookie, albeit talented. Hyde is the workhorse but bush will get snaps and has proven to have a good relationship with Kaep.

Coleman faces a more stout front 7 in the Eagles than the Viking and his OL still needs to prove itself.

Hyde is working behind an iffy OL as well. But I believe him to be the better play here. Never sit your starters, especially for rookies.

My team 8 man ppr league

Qb luck

RB Lacy

RB D Murray

WR D Thomas

WR Hilton

TE Witten

Flex Hopkins

Kicker Tucker

Defense Ravens

Bench

Abdullah

Tevin Colemen

Alfred Bleu

J Landry

A Robbinson

M Stafford

Make it. Immediately, before he has time to realize the mistake.

Brown is amazing and hill will be top of the league in goaline touches.

Make it. Immediately, before he has time to realize the mistake.

Brown is amazing and hill will be top of the league in goaline touches.

He is crazy, take it. I agree with Narcosys here.

Chip Kelly, he will get Sproles goal line touches, just to mess with fantasy numbers, that is the kind of coach you are talking about.

I drafted 7th in a 12 team standard league back in August. Got Jordy in the 2nd round :(. How am I looking this year?

QB: Newton, Winston

RB: Lynch, Forsett, Gordon, Yeldon, Crowell

WR: Marshall, VJax, John Brown, Allen Robinson, Martavis Bryant

TE: Eifert

K: Crosby

Def: Jets

You're definitely missing that WR1. John Brown, Robinson, and Bryant should be able to get you by okay though. Not a huge fan of Newton this year

Depends. What's the rest of yours and his team look like?

Funny, that's a tending trade. Is it ppr?

http://m.fantasysp.com/mtrade/nfl/355909/brown-lacy

Are you in desperate need for a RB, and how'd you score all 3?

I don't have any good running backs, and that's how I got all three of them. I think it's ppr. Lacy is his only good running back.

I don't have any good running backs, and that's how I got all three of them. I think it's ppr. Lacy is his only good running back.

Lacy is a top 3 player in fantasy. You do this trade without blinking an eye, especially if you dont have any good rbs. No brainer here. Even if it's ppr where Antonio is good. WRs are common and replaceable. You can't put a price on an elite rb.

Im going to give you list a waiver wire players.  You pick one that should be picked up.

TEN - Harry Douglas

SEA - Jermaine Kearse

SEA - Doug Baldwin

JAX - Marqise Lee

GB - James Jones

PIT - DHB

NYG - Reuben Randle

MIN - Cordarelle Patterson

PHI - Ryan Matthews

James Jones, Harry Douglas, and Doug Baldwin seem to be the top ones to me.

So my friends decided to have the draft before preseason started, and I, of course, picked Kelvin Benjamin. Now I'm stuck with Amari Cooper as my #1, and I have either Andre Johnson, Nelson Agholor, John Brown, or Roddy White as my #2. Who should I start? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Your options are really only Johnson or Agholor imo. From there I'm split.

Im going to give you list a waiver wire players.  You pick one that should be picked up.

TEN - Harry Douglas

SEA - Jermaine Kearse

SEA - Doug Baldwin

JAX - Marqise Lee

GB - James Jones

PIT - DHB

NYG - Reuben Randle

MIN - Cordarelle Patterson

PHI - Ryan Matthews

James Jones, Harry Douglas, and Doug Baldwin seem to be the top ones to me.

Any idea?

Need two for my WR's:

Percy Harvin vs NE

Golden Tate @Min

Eric Decker @Ind

Donte Moncrief vs Jets

James Jones vs Sea

These guys are all pretty even abd cat figure it out. It's a standard non ppr league.

For Flex:

Lamar Miller @Jax

Bishop Sankey @Cle

Or any of the above receivers.

Need two for my WR's:

Percy Harvin vs NE

Golden Tate @Min

Eric Decker @Ind

Donte Moncrief vs Jets

James Jones vs Sea

These guys are all pretty even abd cat figure it out. It's a standard non ppr league.

For Flex:

Lamar Miller @Jax

Bishop Sankey @Cle

Or any of the above receivers.

That's a tough call.  In the first bunch, if TY sits, I'd go Moncrief.  I'd pass on Decker because of their QB situation.  James Jones is a good red zone option, but Tate sees more snaps and targets.  So I guess if it's not Moncrief, then I'd go Tate.

In the second group, coin toss, but I'd start one of those two over the rest of your guys that are left after you pick your WR2.  It's worth noting that Sankey looks improved over last year, but Miller saw more carries.  

That's a tough call. In the first bunch, if TY sits, I'd go Moncrief. I'd pass on Decker because of their QB situation. James Jones is a good red zone option, but Tate sees more snaps and targets. So I guess if it's not Moncrief, then I'd go Tate.

In the second group, coin toss, but I'd start one of those two over the rest of your guys that are left after you pick your WR2. It's worth noting that Sankey looks improved over last year, but Miller saw more carries.

I thought Moncrief too but Idk with the Jets DB's. So your saying jones and Moncrief/tate? Even against SEA?

I thought Moncrief too but Idk with the Jets DB's. So your saying jones and Moncrief/tate? Even against SEA?

I was saying either Moncrief/Tate at WR2 and then one of your RBs in the flex.  Jones, Harvin, and Decker are hit or miss guys (Harvin may become more dependable as he was in Minnesota, but that's obviously tied to Tyrod Taylor's success).  So here's how I look at your situation:

Safest Option:

WR2 - Moncrief/Tate (I'd say Tate, but if you have a gut feeling about Moncrief and TY's out, he could be in for a big day)

Flex - Miller

If you have a good feeling about one of the other guys, by all means, play them. It wouldn't surprise me if Harvin had a field day against NE, or Jones got a lot of red zone looks, but they're the kind of guys that get you 4 points-ish on a typical day, but occasionally have those 20 point games a handful of times throughout the year.  It pays off when you guess right, but otherwise, it frustrates the daylights out of you.

I was saying either Moncrief/Tate at WR2 and then one of your RBs in the flex. Jones, Harvin, and Decker are hit or miss guys (Harvin may become more dependable as he was in Minnesota, but that's obviously tied to Tyrod Taylor's success). So here's how I look at your situation:

Safest Option:

WR2 - Moncrief/Tate (I'd say Tate, but if you have a gut feeling about Moncrief and TY's out, he could be in for a big day)

Flex - Miller

If you have a good feeling about one of the other guys, by all means, play them. It wouldn't surprise me if Harvin had a field day against NE, or Jones got a lot of red zone looks, but they're the kind of guys that get you 4 points-ish on a typical day, but occasionally have those 20 point games a handful of times throughout the year. It pays off when you guess right, but otherwise, it frustrates the daylights out of you.

Lol. The problem is I need 2 WR, not a WR2. Both of my main WR are injured.

1) Chiefs defense against Broncos (or) Broncos defense against Chiefs??? Yeah, I have both of them :scratch:

2) Need 4 players from this list for WR, WR, WR/RB, and WR/TE:

Jeremy Maclin vs DEN, Odell Beckham Jr. vs ATL, Keenan Allen at CIN, Terrance Williams at PHI, Tyler Eifert vs SD

I am leaning towards the bolded but I have my doubts about Jeremy Maclin and wondering if I go with Eifert.