Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here (2015 edition)!

Need some help

This is my definite lineup:

QB: Tom Brady

WR: Julio Jones

WR: Edelman

TE: Greg Olsen

FLEX: Gates

K: McManus

DEF: Denver

These are my RBs I have to pick two from (I just lost Jamaal Charles):

1. Chris Johnson

2. Lamar Miller

3. LeGarrette Blount

4. Ahmad Bradshaw

These are my two WRs that I have but won't play because I plan on flexing my second TE:

1. Brandin Cooks

2. Donte Moncrief

I am 5-0 and projected to lose by 6 with Johnson and Blount in. Can someone help me set my lineup?

.5 ppr

Blount and johnson would be my plays. I don't pay attention to the projections. I've never come close. Either way under or over.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade analysis:

AJ Green & TJ Yeldon for Deandre Hopkins & Todd Gurley.

Who wins the deal?

Give me Gurley and Hopkins, for what it's worth... Hopkins has been the most targeted wide receiver on a team that is on pace to break the single season passing attempts record and Gurley is a top 5 back from here on out (IMO)...

Yeldon has a bad per carry avg. and seems to be hurt atm, Green is a beast and will continue to score, but Hopkins mitigates the loss of Wr points and, I believe, Gurley will come close to doubling Yeldon's points for the rest of the year.

Am I crazy for wanting to start Buck Allen, Bradshaw, or even Gerhart over J. Hill thus week?

Of course I'll only play Allen or Gerhart if their starters don't go, but still...

Talk me off the ledge... Should I waiver M. Jones, play one of the aforementioned OR just bite the bullet and play Hill?

Am I crazy for wanting to start Buck Allen, Bradshaw, or even Gerhart over J. Hill this week?

Of course I'll only play Allen or Gerhart if their starters don't go, but still...

Talk me off the ledge... Should I waiver M. Jones, play one of the aforementioned OR just bite the bullet and play Hill?

Am I crazy for wanting to start Buck Allen, Bradshaw, or even Gerhart over J. Hill thus week?

I would imagine hill will get more touches than any of those guys

I'm sitting Hill for Bernard in my $500 money league, but he's getting some decent carries. Don't start Gerhart or Bradshaw over Hill. I think Yeldon will still get the majority of the carries along with Robinson and Bradshaw is a complete mystery at this point. Javorius Allen is the Wildcard here. Watch the status of Justin Forsett. If he's out this week, I would start Allen over Hill, if he plays, you can't trust him with 6-8 carries, and I would take my chances on Hill.

Need some help

This is my definite lineup:

QB: Tom Brady

WR: Julio Jones

WR: Edelman

TE: Greg Olsen

FLEX: Gates

K: McManus

DEF: Denver

These are my RBs I have to pick two from (I just lost Jamaal Charles):

1. Chris Johnson

2. Lamar Miller

3. LeGarrette Blount

4. Ahmad Bradshaw

These are my two WRs that I have but won't play because I plan on flexing my second TE:

1. Brandin Cooks

2. Donte Moncrief

I am 5-0 and projected to lose by 6 with Johnson and Blount in. Can someone help me set my lineup?

.5 ppr

I'd go with Miller and Johnson. 

Johnson is obvious. . . the 2nd one not so much but I would say Miller is the safest play there.

With your WR I think you made the right call.  There is some chance that Moncrief could have a big day because Belichek will shut down TY.  But the lineup you have there is the safest.

Two leagues, 5-0 in one that I mentioned at the top of this page. The other - 0-5 (Luck and Lacy being my first two picks).

Just pulled off this trade today:

Sent: Arian Foster, Emmanuel Sanders, Charcandrick West, Julius Thomas

Receive: Dion Lewis, Frank Gore, Doug Martin, John Brown, Andre Johnson.

PPR league I have Luck and Lacy, with bench guys like Jennings, Hillman, Dorsett, Bradshaw. My starting TE is Donnell but will most likely have first or second crack at waivers next week to get Watson. Please tell me I made a good choice lol

Is Javorius Allen's nickname "Buck" or something?

But it appears that Forsett is out.  I'm a Forsett owner and I picked up Allen to start him.

I'd go with Miller and Johnson. 

Johnson is obvious. . . the 2nd one not so much but I would say Miller is the safest play there.

With your WR I think you made the right call.  There is some chance that Moncrief could have a big day because Belichek will shut down TY.  But the lineup you have there is the safest.

I don't love Miller yet, and Blount has a history of crushing the Colts. I think based on history I'd like to play Blount against the Colts and see how the new regime in Miami uses Miller. I do agree I could flex Moncrief but when Olsen and Gates are ranked at like 3 and 5 for the week at TE and Moncrief is in the 20s for WR right near Cooks who I should really drop that's why I'm goin all TE's despite thinking the Colts will be throwing a ton and playing from behind.

Two leagues, 5-0 in one that I mentioned at the top of this page. The other - 0-5 (Luck and Lacy being my first two picks).

Just pulled off this trade today:

Sent: Arian Foster, Emmanuel Sanders, Charcandrick West, Julius Thomas

Receive: Dion Lewis, Frank Gore, Doug Martin, John Brown, Andre Johnson.

PPR league I have Luck and Lacy, with bench guys like Jennings, Hillman, Dorsett, Bradshaw. My starting TE is Donnell but will most likely have first or second crack at waivers next week to get Watson. Please tell me I made a good choice lol

A lot of players to analyse there, you've basically traded a whole team away for a whole other team.  My initial reaction is positive however.  

I don't love Miller yet, and Blount has a history of crushing the Colts. I think based on history I'd like to play Blount against the Colts and see how the new regime in Miami uses Miller. I do agree I could flex Moncrief but when Olsen and Gates are ranked at like 3 and 5 for the week at TE and Moncrief is in the 20s for WR right near Cooks who I should really drop that's why I'm goin all TE's despite thinking the Colts will be throwing a ton and playing from behind.

Yes there is some history there with Blount but it hasn't always been Blount.  

Lewis is getting the majority of the carries there and I see no reason why Belichek is going to sit him down just cause Blount has had some good games against us.

Lewis is on the injury report however so there is a chance that he might miss the game.  

I'd rather have the guy I know is gonna get carries vs. the guy who might get carries.

Yes there is some history there with Blount but it hasn't always been Blount.  

Lewis is getting the majority of the carries there and I see no reason why Belichek is going to sit him down just cause Blount has had some good games against us.

Lewis is on the injury report however so there is a chance that he might miss the game.  

I'd rather have the guy I know is gonna get carries vs. the guy who might get carries.

Once Blount returned though you saw a drop in Lewis carries.

Lewis was in for something like 41 snaps.  he only got like 14 carries and 10 targets.

Blount was in for 14 snaps and got 13 carries, or roundabouts.

I predict an increased role for blount here on out and especially against the colts.

For my Flex who to start

J Bell v. Chicago

A Bradsahw v. New England

TY Montgomery v. San Diego

Davante Adams out, TY Montgomery in.

Bell is unreliabable with ameer abdullah playing better than him, and Bradshaw?  Complete flyer until we see something from him this year.  We do know he can catch TD's though.

Davante Adams out, TY Montgomery in.

Bell is unreliabable with ameer abdullah playing better than him, and Bradshaw?  Complete flyer until we see something from him this year.  We do know he can catch TD's though.

I'm leaning towards Montgomery myself.  

There has been talk that Bell might get more carries because Abdullah's been fumbling the ball.  Bradshaw I agree is a flyer.  

Technically I could start Rawls at the flex, but Lynch is at full practice and I'm starting Lynch at RB.  

But I think Montgomery is the best play here.

I'm leaning towards Montgomery myself.  

There has been talk that Bell might get more carries because Abdullah's been fumbling the ball.  Bradshaw I agree is a flyer.  

Technically I could start Rawls at the flex, but Lynch is at full practice and I'm starting Lynch at RB.  

But I think Montgomery is the best play here.

I agree that Montgomery is the best option. I picked him up in a free league and am starting him as my 3rd receiver there for what it's worth. He is very valuable in the Packers high powered offense with Aaron Rodgers at QB.

I agree that Montgomery is the best option. I picked him up in a free league and am starting him as my 3rd receiver there for what it's worth. He is very valuable in the Packers high powered offense with Aaron Rodgers at QB.

K thanks.  Will be starting Montgomery

Big Ben is on the waiver wire. I currently have Wilson. I'm considering dropping either Davante Adams or John Brown to pick him up.

My current WR are: Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, A.J. Green, D. Adams, and J. Brown (plus Greg Olsen and Antonio Gates)

I'm not exactly hurting for pass catchers.

Montgomery or J. Hill?

Montgomery. I watched the last game the Bengals played Vs the Seahawks, and Gio Bernard was on the field most of the game. In the past 4 games, he has gotten 20, 13, 13, and 15 carries respectively. He has also been on the field for the passing downs as well. I would not trust Jeremy Hill at this point. An option like TY Montgomery that can get 100 yds and a td possibly is ideal to replace HIll in your lineup. With Rodgers as his QB, he should do one or the other this week, and that's a lot more than I can say for Hill.

Big Ben is on the waiver wire. I currently have Wilson. I'm considering dropping either Davante Adams or John Brown to pick him up.

My current WR are: Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, A.J. Green, D. Adams, and J. Brown (plus Greg Olsen and Antonio Gates)

Two questions. First, is Wilson your only qb or do you have a backup? Second, how big is your league? I'm guessing it's 8 teams. I'm asking this because Beckham and Brown have the same bye week (week 11) and Adams and Green also have the same bye week (week 7). You need to keep all 5 of these guys unless you are sure you can get one of them back. I would drop Adams if I had too, but in your case, I think I would keep what I got with the limited info you gave me. Olsen and Gates I would keep as well as they are good matchup based starters to choose week to week and they will be immediately picked up.

Two questions. First, is Wilson your only qb or do you have a backup? Second, how big is your league? I'm guessing it's 8 teams. I'm asking this because Beckham and Brown have the same bye week (week 11) and Adams and Green also have the same bye week (week 7). You need to keep all 5 of these guys unless you are sure you can get one of them back. I would drop Adams if I had too, but in your case, I think I would keep what I got with the limited info you gave me. Olsen and Gates I would keep as well as they are good matchup based starters to choose week to week and they will be immediately picked up.

Wilson is my only QB. 10 team keeper league (that's how I ended up with so many top WR).

QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, WR/TE, WR/TE/RB

I won't be dropping either of my TE. It's really just between Adams and Brown. I don't want to drop either, but I'm failing at any and all trade negotiations at this point, and the thought of stacking Ben and Brown is pretty enticing.  

Wilson is my only QB. 10 team keeper league (that's how I ended up with so many top WR).

QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, WR/TE, WR/TE/RB

I won't be dropping either of my TE. It's really just between Adams and Brown. I don't want to drop either, but I'm failing at any and all trade negotiations at this point, and the thought of stacking Ben and Brown is pretty enticing.  

Who are your RBs?

They're a bit sketchier. Hyde, Yeldon, Anderson, Jones, Bradshaw. 

I'm assuming you mean Matt Jones. I would drop Bradshaw for Roethlisberger. Honestly, Bradshaw is just a name at this point, and I don't think you'd even have him on your team if you weren't a Colt fan. In a 10 team league, there are better rbs out there on the waivers most likely like Charcandrick West, Christine Michael, and Javorious Allen. Drop Bradshaw for Ben Immediately.

I'm assuming you mean Matt Jones. I would drop Bradshaw for Roethlisberger. Honestly, Bradshaw is just a name at this point, and I don't think you'd even have him on your team if you weren't a Colt fan. In a 10 team league, there are better rbs out there on the waivers most likely like Charcandrick West, Christine Michael, and Javorious Allen. Drop Bradshaw for Ben Immediately.

I actually have him because I had him last year, and he was a stud for the time he played. I was hoping for a repeat performance.

As for those other three...all of them picked up. Forsett's owner has Allen, Charle's owner has West, and I went to pick up Michael and was literally a few moments too late. I was very unhappy with that.

I actually have him because I had him last year, and he was a stud for the time he played. I was hoping for a repeat performance.

As for those other three...all of them picked up. Forsett's owner has Allen, Charle's owner has West, and I went to pick up Michael and was literally a few moments too late. I was very unhappy with that.

I feel bad for you on Christine Michael. In my $500 money league, I didn't get Charcandrick West on waivers (am 4-1, but am having trouble scoring points), but was online literally at the moment an article was released on CBSSports (the site my league is on) that Michael was going to get a heavy workload. The Charles owner didn't get West and was on the league at the time, so I made a quick decision to drop Vincent Jackson for Michael. Looking like it might pay off. He told me he was about to pick up Michael and proceeded to pick up Dan Herron. He recently picked up Bradshaw as well. 

I still say to drop Bradshaw for Ben though. You'll end up starting Ben when he comes back week 7 IMO. He has his weapons, and is a solid upgrade at QB. Matt Jones is actually a decent 4th option as he is getting a decent amount of carries. The rest are a bit sketchy, but bradshaw isn't going to do a whole lot and Ben will do a lot more. You'll need all 5 WR's for bye week purposes. Drop Bradshaw for Ben, and you should be better off for it.

I would pick him up and stuff him on the bench until he heals.  Not sure who I would drop but I would def. pick him up.

Interesting daily PPR league choice here....Danny Woodhead or Darren Sproles?

Woodhead vs the Packers is bound to get his reps and receiving targets versus the Packers in Green Bay. However, I'd be surprised if the Charger rushing attack amounts to much with the SD O-line being a total mess and a strong likelihood that the Packers will score 28+ points.

My intrigue with Sproles is because it was reported that Ryan Mathews tweaked his groin on Thursday and is now listed as questionable....which probably spells some extra reps for Sproles, who also adds some return value.

Sproles' cap hit is $5500 and Woodhead is at $6000....with Sproles on home turf versus a leaky Giants defense.

Your thoughts?

I feel bad for you on Christine Michael. In my $500 money league, I didn't get Charcandrick West on waivers (am 4-1, but am having trouble scoring points), but was online literally at the moment an article was released on CBSSports (the site my league is on) that Michael was going to get a heavy workload. The Charles owner didn't get West and was on the league at the time, so I made a quick decision to drop Vincent Jackson for Michael. Looking like it might pay off. He told me he was about to pick up Michael and proceeded to pick up Dan Herron. He recently picked up Bradshaw as well. 

I still say to drop Bradshaw for Ben though. You'll end up starting Ben when he comes back week 7 IMO. He has his weapons, and is a solid upgrade at QB. Matt Jones is actually a decent 4th option as he is getting a decent amount of carries. The rest are a bit sketchy, but bradshaw isn't going to do a whole lot and Ben will do a lot more. You'll need all 5 WR's for bye week purposes. Drop Bradshaw for Ben, and you should be better off for it.

I took your advice and dropped Bradshaw for Ben.

I'm in your position as well. I'm 4 - 1, but am not scoring a lot of points. I'm barely squeaking by in games. My points for/against are almost even. If Big Ben had been around the last few games I assume Brown would have given me a more comfortable margin. 

I've literally been watching the C. Michael situation since I started playing fantasy in 2013. It was part of my normal fantasy routine to check his status. Unfortunately on Sunday I drove for 10 hours, went to check my fantasy when I got home, but decided to take a walk with my wife to stretch our legs...during that walk he picked up Michael. He actually dropped Big Ben to do it. 

I took your advice and dropped Bradshaw for Ben.

I'm in your position as well. I'm 4 - 1, but am not scoring a lot of points. I'm barely squeaking by in games. My points for/against are almost even. If Big Ben had been around the last few games I assume Brown would have given me a more comfortable margin.

I've literally been watching the C. Michael situation since I started playing fantasy in 2013. It was part of my normal fantasy routine to check his status. Unfortunately on Sunday I drove for 10 hours, went to check my fantasy when I got home, but decided to take a walk with my wife to stretch our legs...during that walk he picked up Michael. He actually dropped Big Ben to do it.

What's with this Christine michael? He hasn't played our atleast hasn't gotten any points.

What's with this Christine michael? He hasn't played our atleast hasn't gotten any points.

He was Seattle's 2nd round draft pick in 2013. He's been slathered with hype over the past few years behind Lynch because supposedly he's incredibly talented, but he's barely played. The rumors about why he's never made it on the field seem to involve his ability to pick up the playbook. Now Dallas has picked him up and just recently alluded to him potentially taking over a significant portion of the work.