Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here (2015 edition)!

That's a tough call.  In the first bunch, if TY sits, I'd go Moncrief.  I'd pass on Decker because of their QB situation.  James Jones is a good red zone option, but Tate sees more snaps and targets.  So I guess if it's not Moncrief, then I'd go Tate.

In the second group, coin toss, but I'd start one of those two over the rest of your guys that are left after you pick your WR2.  It's worth noting that Sankey looks improved over last year, but Miller saw more carries.  

Yeah, I'd lean towards Tate too. Jets' target wise, Chris Owusu has been eating into Decker's targets big time because he is big and can line up in the slot and outside. So, with 3 targets in Marshall, Owusu and Decker all being able to line up in the slot and outside, it is not cut and dry as it was last year with Geno Smith and mainly Decker.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Chiefs defense against Broncos (or) Broncos defense against Chiefs??? Yeah, I have both of them :scratch:

2) Need 4 players from this list for WR, WR, WR/RB, and WR/TE:

Jeremy Maclin vs DEN, Odell Beckham Jr. vs ATL, Keenan Allen at CIN, Terrance Williams at PHI, Tyler Eifert vs SD

I am leaning towards the bolded but I have my doubts about Jeremy Maclin and wondering if I go with Eifert.

Maclin is their only real target besides charles. Do you think Denver can hold him down? How have the Chargers been against tight ends? That should be your deciding factor I think.

San Diego has a 23 matchup rating vs TE last year. which is bad for Eifert. They are the 3rd best team vs TE's.

Think you have to go with Maclin but again, do you trust him to make plays.

For defense, gotta go with KC While Denver Oline is still shaky and weak. Will force manning to throw interceptions.

Maclin is their only real target besides charles. Do you think Denver can hold him down? How have the Chargers been against tight ends? That should be your deciding factor I think.

San Diego has a 23 matchup rating vs TE last year. which is bad for Eifert. They are the 3rd best team vs TE's.

For defense, gotta go with KC While Denver Oline is still shaky and weak. Will force manning to throw interceptions.

Yeah, can't give up on Maclin so early. I am rolling the dice and going with Maclin even if Alex Smith has still not thrown a TD pass to a WR in 17 games :). Maclin got plenty of targets, just not towards the end zone.

Texans were very good vs TEs last year, but this year started off giving 2 TDs to Kelce. You never know. Teams' weaknesses do not materialize till about October at least, IMO.

P. Manning vs the Chiefs or Brady vs the Bills?

I had Brady on the bench last week and he lit it up. I played Manning and he didn't even throw a TD.

I'm leaning towards starting Brady, but the Bills defense is better than the Steelers. What's the chances of Manning being back to his normal self this week? I thought I heard something about his back being hurt after the game as we'll.

P. Manning vs the Chiefs or Brady vs the Bills?

I had Brady on the bench last week and he lit it up. I played Manning and he didn't even throw a TD.

I'm leaning towards starting Brady, but the Bills defense is better than the Steelers. What's the chances of Manning being back to his normal self this week? I thought I heard something about his back being hurt after the game as we'll.

Brady is the easy choice. Shaky O-line and short week for Peyton while sturdy O-line and long 10 days for Brady to prepare.

You know what, upon second thought, here is my line up:

RBs: Lynch, Doug Martin, Ronnie Hillman, Bishop Sankey

WRs: OBJ, Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, Jeremy Maclin

Slots: RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/RB, WR/TE - Leaning towards

a) Lynch, Hillman, OBJ, Keenan Allen, Doug Martin, Terrance Williams

or 

b) Lynch, Martin, OBJ, Keenan Allen, Maclin, Terrance Williams

2 RBs - I am going with Lynch and possibly with Hillman tonight (sure if he starts)

2 WRs - OBJ and Keenan Allen for certain

WR/RB: I am leaning towards Doug Martin vs the Saints' run D but am apprehensive about the Bucs falling behind like last week. Placing Maclin here would mean my recourse would be less if Maclin and Hillman bust on TNF, that is why I am considering benching Maclin.

WR/TE: I am going with Terrance Williams given the matchup and Dez being out though Bishop Sankey at Cleveland is enticing as well.

Any thoughts now that you know my entire line up?

or

2 RBs - I am going with Lynch and possibly with Hillman tonight (sure if he starts)

WR/RB: I am leaning towards Doug Martin vs the Saints' run D but am apprehensive about the Bucs falling behind like last week. Placing Maclin here would mean my recourse would be less if Maclin and Hillman bust on TNF, that is why I am considering benching Maclin.

WR/TE: I am going with Terrance Williams given the matchup and Dez being out though Bishop Sankey at Cleveland is enticing as well.

Have you thought of this lineup.

Lynch, Martin, OBJ, Allen, Sankey, Williams

I may be too overly cautious with a short week for both teams going against defenses that are best against the players you have (Den vs WR, KC vs RB) KC allows yardage but was the top defense vs RB's, allowing only 4 TD'S for the ENTIRE 2014 season.

Hillman may start cause of Anderson injury, but unless KC falls apart, they are still going to lock him down.

or 

Or, on second thought if you're too apprehensive about Martin,

Lynch, Sankey, OBJ, Allen, Maclin, Williams.

I think Maclin may be the better play over Hillman.

Have you thought of this lineup.

Lynch, Martin, OBJ, Allen, Sankey, Williams

I may be too overly cautious with a short week for both teams going against defenses that are best against the players you have (Den vs WR, KC vs RB) KC allows yardage but was the top defense vs RB's, allowing only 4 TD'S for the ENTIRE 2014 season.

Hillman may start cause of Anderson injury, but unless KC falls apart, they are still going to lock him down.

Thanks :thmup: . Just heard C.J. Anderson will start. That is what I am going with - Lynch, Martin, OBJ, Allen, Sankey, Williams

Wish me luck!!!

Short week, I have a feeling the Ds will dominate in a low scoring game. I will only have the Chief's defense going tonight. It was good to discuss the options, helped me get a clear perspective :). Thanks again!!!

Brady is the easy choice. Shaky O-line and short week for Peyton while sturdy O-line and long 10 days for Brady to prepare.

Thanks.

QB: Brady

RB 1: Lynch

RB 2: Chris Johnson

WR 1: Beckham

WR 2: Wallace

WR/RB: ??

WR/TE: Bennett

Bench:

Spiller (not sure if he will play or not)

Ellington (injured)

Joique Bell

Michael Floyd

Marvin Joneses

D. Walker (not sure if he will play)

I can't decide between Bell or Floyd for the flex position. If Spiller does play Sunday, should I play him or wait and see how he does first.

Thanks.

QB: Brady

RB 1: Lynch

RB 2: Chris Johnson

WR 1: Beckham

WR 2: Wallace

WR/RB: ??

WR/TE: Bennett

Bench:

Spiller (not sure if he will play or not)

Ellington (injured)

Joique Bell

Michael Floyd

Marvin Joneses

D. Walker (not sure if he will play)

I can't decide between Bell or Floyd for the flex position. If Spiller does play Sunday, should I play him or wait and see how he does first.

Spiller, floyd, bell. That order.

Thanks :thmup: . Just heard C.J. Anderson will start. That is what I am going with - Lynch, Martin, OBJ, Allen, Sankey, Williams

Wish me luck!!!

Short week, I have a feeling the Ds will dominate in a low scoring game. I will only have the Chief's defense going tonight. It was good to discuss the options, helped me get a clear perspective :). Thanks again!!!

Whew, that was close.

Whew, that was close.

Yeah, my only mistake was playing the Chiefs' defense over the Broncos but it still wasn't bad production. I do know I will be playing the Broncos' D moving forward.

Right now, I am glad I benched both Hillman and Maclin :), thanks to a little perspective from you.

ok so im already looking to next week. brees hasnt been playing well and Im not starting him vs the panthers so here are my options

kaep vs cards

palmer vs 49ers

im leaning more towards palmer since brees and cutler didnt put up big numbers vs the cards and big ben just torched the 49ers for 30 fantasy points

foster vs bucs

jordan mathews vs jets

foster should be back next week and I dont really like the idea of starting mathews when revis will most likely shadow him

also I need a new defense

patriots vs jags

falcons vs cowboys

on paper its a no-brainer go with pats, but I love the darkhorse pickup of the falcons so im a little torn

ok so im already looking to next week. brees hasnt been playing well and Im not starting him vs the panthers so here are my options

kaep vs cards

palmer vs 49ers

im leaning more towards palmer since brees and cutler didnt put up big numbers vs the cards and big ben just torched the 49ers for 30 fantasy points

foster vs bucs

jordan mathews vs jets

foster should be back next week and I dont really like the idea of starting mathews when revis will most likely shadow him

patriots vs jags

falcons vs cowboys

on paper its a no-brainer go with pats, but I love the darkhorse pickup of the falcons so im a little torn

Where are you seeing foster will be back next week?

Greetings, Colts fans!

Looking for some local fan input for fantasy football - I have Frank Gore and Donte Moncrief available for a 'flex' position tonight - both have pluses and minuses (Jets strong run defense, return of T.Y. Hilton, who will Revis cover?, etc.)

Would you play Gore or Moncrief tonight? Thanks to all for your help, good LUCK tonight and rest of season.

Looking for some local perspective - In tonight's game, I have the choice of Frank Gore or Donte Moncrief for my 'flex' position - 12 team CBS league, PPR not a factor - which of these players is more likely to score 10 fantasy points tonight? Thanx for your insights, george

Looking for some local perspective - In tonight's game, I have the choice of Frank Gore or Donte Moncrief for my 'flex' position - 12 team CBS league, PPR not a factor - which of these players is more likely to score 10 fantasy points tonight? Thanx for your insights, george

id say moncrief since at worse he'll have kyle wilson covering him so he should be able to score

hope you listened to me

kaep vs cards

palmer vs 49ers

foster vs bucs

jordan mathews vs jets

patriots vs jags

falcons vs cowboys

Palmer....  Palmer, palmer, palmer. 

If foster is truly back and at full capacity, him.  But i doubt, if he is back, that the texans will give him to many carries so i would have to say Matthews, which is unfortunate because of the defense he faces.

Darkhorse is nice, but the falcons D, fantasy wise, has not performed. 3 points each game so far.  I'd go with the Pats.

Have to sit one.

Forte @Sea

J. Hill @Bal

J. Randle vs Atl

D. Freeman @Dal

Pick 2

T. Smith @Ari

M. Evans @Hou

D. Baldwin vs Chi

N. Washington vs TB

League 2:

One for Flex

L. Miller vs Buf

B. Sankey vs IND

G. Tate vs Den

P. Harvin @Mia

J. Jones vs KC

Have to sit one.

Forte @Sea

J. Hill @Bal

J. Randle vs Atl

D. Freeman @Dal

I'd sit Freeman @Dallas, the Cowboys front is playing better recently and as long as Sean Lee is healthy, their D should produce at home.

Pick 2

T. Smith @Ari

M. Evans @Hou

D. Baldwin vs Chi

N. Washington vs TB

T. Smith and D. Baldwin

League 2:

One for Flex

L. Miller vs Buf

B. Sankey vs IND

G. Tate vs Den

P. Harvin @Mia

J. Jones vs KC

James Jones definitely.

Now as far as this team goes, I have no clue. For every person that does well, 2 or 3 others don't do anything.

Gore

J. Hill

ODB

M. Evans

K. Allen.

That's my starting lineup currently. Bench:

CJ Spiller

D. Johnson (Ari)

M. Floyd

T. Williams

I'd play D.Johnson, J. Hill, ODB, Allen and T. Williams