Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is your idea of Settlement? Serious replies (moderated!)

ColtsBlueFL

No it is not.

Second, it is not irrelevant as Sherman's point was about the discrepancies in fines between mgmt. and players. If Brady sits 4 games that is almost 2 mil in wages gone. Irsay got $500k. 

Sherman talks so much crap it's ridiculous. Trying to get on Brady's good side after being beat? Maybe Brady shouldn't make so much dang money then? LOL Joking of course. Perhaps in 10 years when this case is finally over with (hopefully) there will be better guidelines on suspensions and fines. I think it's a little confusing now but not too far off. Much more severe outside the NFL for punishments/suspensions though. By like..... A LOT.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were interviewed by Wells but their testimony was never included in his report. The NFL also did not ask they testify at the appeal. I assume their testimony is not something that would help the NFL or shed anything further light on the case or else Berman would call them.

That is a stupid move if I ever heard one.

There were interviewed by Wells but their testimony was never included in his report. The NFL also did not ask they testify at the appeal. I assume their testimony is not something that would help the NFL or shed anything further light on the case or else Berman would call them.

They were interviewed  BEFORE he learned of the text messages.

When he wanted to interview again, it was denied by the Pats organization, and the Pats proceeded to terminate employment of the two.

Quit acting like you don't know this information.

They were interviewed  BEFORE he learned of the text messages.

When he wanted to interview again, it was denied by the Pats organization, and the Pats proceeded to terminate employment of the two.

Quit acting like you don't know this information.

Gosh, why such the vitriol today?

I was referencing them being called to witness which has nothing to do with the text messages or their suspension. The NFL could have called them to the appeal and Berman could too but they have chose not to so I just conclude that their testimony is sufficient or not something that would have helped the NFL or else they would have called them to the appeal.

Gosh, why such the vitriol today?

I was referencing them being called to witness which has nothing to do with the text messages or their suspension. The NFL could have called them to the appeal and Berman could too but they have chose not to so I just conclude that their testimony is sufficient or not something that would have helped the NFL or else they would have called them to the appeal.

Some people,  not many,  bring out the worst in me.   

You said Wells didn't include them in his report... I was responding to that part of your comment.

Call it Vitriol, call it whatever you want.  Report me, maybe I'll get a warning.   I'll take two.  It's worth it.

I agree. Not sure why the NFL would not have had them at the appeal.

Probably going to be the death of the case for the NFL in my opinion, but who knows! Even fans of the Patriots want to know the complete truth and if these ball boys hold onto that, they need to be in the trial. Kind of unfortunate actually!

I beg to differ. Sherman's comments here as a player who is PA representative for his team are very much in play here. When we talk of settlement and he speaks of a double standard between mgmt. and players that has direct bearing on this case as if Brady does end up taking a suspension for non-coop than that sets a new precedent for all players and a very dangerous one at that.

You still haven't answered my question on how we deal with the fact that a 4 game suspension would cost Drew Brees 4.69 million dollars .. American money and the same violation would cost Z Mettenberger $125,000. How do you and Sherman work that one out ? If Brees got 2 games would Mettenberger get 35 to make it" equal punishment."

You still haven't answered my question on how we deal with the fact that a 4 game suspension would cost Drew Brees 4.69 million dollars .. American money and the same violation would cost Z Mettenberger $125,000. How do you and Sherman work that one out ? If Brees got 2 games would Mettenberger get 35 to make it" equal punishment."

Sorry, I never saw your previous post. I think you are missing the bigger picture here of Sherman's comments. He is looking at the equity of the fines. He says in the story that owners and mgmt. are not allowed to be fined above a certain limit but players can be. So he is looking at Brady's 2 mil for the four games versus the 1 mil the team got fined as well as the $500 k that Irsay got and sees the dichotomy. To be honest, his point is misplaced IMO. The real issue here is the suspension itself over a violation that the NFL previously only gave warnings for or fines to the team only, never a player. Yet another case of Roger making things up as he goes IMO.

Sorry, I never saw your previous post. I think you are missing the bigger picture here of Sherman's comments. He is looking at the equity of the fines. He says in the story that owners and mgmt. are not allowed to be fined above a certain limit but players can be. So he is looking at Brady's 2 mil for the four games versus the 1 mil the team got fined as well as the $500 k that Irsay got and sees the dichotomy. To be honest, his point is misplaced IMO. The real issue here is the suspension itself over a violation that the NFL previously only gave warnings for or fines to the team only, never a player. Yet another case of Roger making things up as he goes IMO.

Not once in this article

http://abcnews.go.com/beta/Sports/richard-sherman-deflategate-brady-fined-pats-raises-red/story?id=33199030 

does Sherman mention Mr. Irsay.  YOU are the only one that keeps bringing him into this.

Quit quoting people saying stuff when they don't say it. 

Not once in this article

http://abcnews.go.com/beta/Sports/richard-sherman-deflategate-brady-fined-pats-raises-red/story?id=33199030

does Sherman mention Mr. Irsay.  YOU are the only one that keeps bringing him into this.

Yes, it is not in that article so I apologize. ABC did not include his whole interview. I did not want to continue the subject given Nadine's sentiments but the IndyStar has the full story with the Irsay part if you want to read it, http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/08/20/richard-sherman-sides-tom-brady-says-jim-irsays-penalty-too-light/32035431/

I will not post anything further on this so please PM if you want to discuss anything on it.

Where he's being a little stupid for a Stanford guy is that Brady is being suspended and Kraft is being fined. I'm not missing anything as I'm 100 % correct. If I'm a policeman and I shoot you because you irritate me and subsequently get suspended for 6 months without pay , it's not a fine. It's money that my bad actions cost me in missed salary. If he were correct , the NFL would have to balance suspensions taking into consideration how much the player earned . That's ridiculous. 

Not once in this article

How about the issue that a fine is the same as money a person doesn't receive if suspended from his job ? 

Where he's being a little stupid for a Stanford guy is that Brady is being suspended and Kraft is being fined. I'm not missing anything as I'm 100 % correct. If I'm a policeman and I shoot you because you irritate me and subsequently get suspended for 6 months without pay , it's not a fine. It's money that my bad actions cost me in missed salary. If he were correct , the NFL would have to balance suspensions taking into consideration how much the player earned . That's ridiculous. 

Yeah, he is off here for sure. I do think it is interesting that he is defending Brady though given his past remarks and You Mad Bro pics but I suppose a common enemy (Goodell) unites like nothing else. lol.

Please, don't try to bring logic in this discussion.  It will confuse some.

Please feel free to put me on ignore. I understand that you have issues with almost all of my posts so rather than continue this I will not be responding to you any further to keep this thread from deteriorating.

Yeah, he is off here for sure. I do think it is interesting that he is defending Brady though given his past remarks and You Mad Bro pics but I suppose a common enemy (Goodell) unites like nothing else. lol.

I guess we have beat this to death . Best to just see how it ends and move on.

I figured this would happen. i would get too busy in my real world job and not be able to heavily moderate the thread to keep it clean and open.  I apologize to my fellow mods for  not being able to adhere to the thread and prune it as necessary recently.  And thank moderating team for moderating and closing it as you have seen fit, in my (even  temporary) situation.