Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is that one player you're interested in not getting news from Camp? Well then this thread is for you!

TKnight24

That is what I'm taking about. It's just ridiculously priced in this country because it's the only service available to watch nfl games over here.

Wow.  That is a lot.  And as someone who does not even have cable or a dish (for many reasons but the money is one them) I can sympathize.

I don't care what you say, there is no future proof that TY will produce any more than the other receivers on the roster. It's not like he will produce 65M more value than the next guy up... the others are not chopped liver. If he left tomorrow I guarantee you that we would still have another guy that will produce exactly the same or more. If you think otherwise you are not being realistic. We have Andrew Luck as our QB and he will chuck 200 balls at who ever is out there! 

You keep saying $65mil like they literally cut him a one-time check for $65mil. A little more than half ($39mil) of the contract is guaranteed, which is a steal, especially with the rising salary cap, for a top-flight receiver that has a good rapport with the star QB. No receiver in the history of the NFL besides Randy Moss has had more 100+ yard games in their first 3 seasons than TY Hilton (not even Wayne, Harrison, or Jerry Rice), so I'm sorry, but you don't just let that kind of production walk. By the time Hilton's contract is 4 years in, 12.5mil per season is going to seem cheap compared to the going rate. I'm guessing by then, it won't be unusual for a big-name #1 receiver to command 18mil or more per year.

You keep saying $65mil like they literally cut him a one-time check for $65mil. A little more than half ($39mil) of the contract is guaranteed, which is a steal, especially with the rising salary cap, for a top-flight receiver that has a good rapport with the star QB. No receiver in the history of the NFL besides Randy Moss has had more 100+ yard games in their first 3 seasons than TY Hilton (not even Wayne, Harrison, or Jerry Rice), so I'm sorry, but you don't just let that kind of production walk. By the time Hilton's contract is 4 years in, 12.5mil per season is going to seem cheap compared to the going rate. I'm guessing by then, it won't be unusual for a big-name #1 receiver to command 18mil or more per year.

Look, let me spell it out for you. If TY would produces let say 15 TDs and 1000 Yards this season and you let him go  and Receiver B steps in and produces 10 TDs and 800 Yards. The difference is 5 TDs and 200 Yards. Are you going to tell me that this difference is worth 10M per year more? Furthermore I would be willing to go out on a limb and say that with Andrew at QB receiver B is probably likely to produce the same 15 TDs and 1000 Yards. In that case what did you gain and what did you give up by jumping the gun early and reworking TY's deal? Zippo, Zero, Natta .... Get it! 

The difference is 5 TDs and 200 Yards. Are you going to tell me that this difference is worth 10M per year more?

5 TDs and 200 yards, in a "game of inches," could be the difference between winning your division and clinching a 1st round bye, or going 8-8 and missing the playoffs entirely. So yes, I think in Jim Irsay's eyes, that is ABSOLUTELY worth the extra $10mil.

And I still don't understand why you're so fired up about it. The guy has been nothing but a stellar player and model citizen for us since he arrived, isn't a prima donna, isn't a locker room cancer, no off-field issues, and he loves being in Indy. They got 3 extremely cheap years out of him, it was time to pay him. What's your beef with that?

Get it! 

No, you don't.

Look, I get the overall point you're horribly failing at trying to make...but the truth of the matter is that good WRs in the NFL get paid.  Personally, I'm with you on waiting until the end of the season before extending him to see how Carter, Dorsett and Moncrief perform.  I'm even with you on preferring to build the OL/DL before giving large contracts to offensive skill players.  However, in trying to express these potentially valid opinions, you come off like a condescending know-it-all.  We can have debate about differing opinions, but it really would help if you weren't always such a

OsamaBinLadenHasFartyPants12.gif

Frank Gore

predict the # of yards he'll have in pre-season game #1 on Sunday at 1pm.  he will likely not play if pagano and grigson are weak spined.but i'm hoping he does. go colts and let's play all of our starters all 4 games of pre-season every snap and shock the world. 

Nice stat, haven't heard that one before, thanks

Also another great point in your post.  The longer the wait on the contract the more the $s go up.  Somebody was going to pay TY the cash, I'm just glad it was us.

predict the # of yards he'll have in pre-season game #1 on Sunday at 1pm. he will likely not play if pagano and grigson are weak spined.but i'm hoping he does. go colts and let's play all of our starters all 4 games of pre-season every snap and shock the world.

How would not playing Gore make Pagano and Grigson look weak? That's completely ridiculous.

Sorry, my bad , didn't say anywhere this was exclusively a cheerleading forum. I will try and put on my skirt and pompoms before I make another post that offends the soft skin :cheer2: .

Well if you can't have reasonable debate/discussion without being a * then that's probably the best way to go :)