Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bills OL Coach arrested

TKnight24

I'm glad to hear that you were not found guilty of a crime CC1. You're a good guy to me & I'm glad it worked out well for you in the end. Yes, a district attorney's discretion about bring charges does seem to vary geographically speaking.  

You are 100% correct in the geographical area. I was charged in Tennessee. I would have never been found not guilty in Indiana as I look back on it. It did effect me on a couple of applications I filled out for jobs over time. Some applications ask have you ever been charged with a felony while some ask if you have ever been convicted.

that's not true in every situation, but you have a point I guess

It is true in Indiana. Even a lawman can be shot if he don't make every effort to announce who he is. Indiana did have a big case a few years ago that involved a lawman getting killed from entering the wrong house to make an arrest. The prosecutor did bring charges on the man and he was found not guilty of the crime because the lawman didn't make an effort to let people in the house know who he was and why he busted in the house. I cant recall the mans name but I do remember the details.

You are 100% correct in the geographical area. I was charged in Tennessee. I would have never been found not guilty in Indiana as I look back on it. It did effect me on a couple of applications I filled out for jobs over time. Some applications ask have you ever been charged with a felony while some ask if you have ever been convicted.

I would never answer the "have you ever been charged with a felony" question.

In some states it's illegal for an employer to ask about arrests, they're only allowed to inquire about convictions. ....as it should be. 

After reading all these comments I can tell there are different laws from state to state just like opinions on what is legal or not. It seems like it is up to each case and if the prosecutor chooses to file charges. Years ago I had charges put on me for shooting a thief who was stealing a 4-speed transmission out of a smoke house that was on the property were I was living. I couldn't see who it was but he was running away with the transmission on his shoulder. I then in turn shot him after yelling at him to stop. I shot him with a 12 gauge shotgun from a pretty good distance and scattered him from his neck down to his buttocks. I was charged with assault with the intent to murder. At trial I was found not guilty by a jury because they found I had reasonable cause even though I was not being threatened or in danger. My point being each case is different and it is up to the prosecutor to call any charges made. At the time I was plenty scared after thinking I did the right thing but you never know, it could have went different.

Good for you and fortunately you were found not guilty.  

Can I ask you, if you had called the police would they have arrived in time to catch the criminal?

Good for you and fortunately you were found not guilty.  

Can I ask you, if you had called the police would they have arrived in time to catch the criminal?

No, the nearest town with any Cop was 11 miles away and I am not sure how far their jurisdiction was at that time. They would have told me to call the sheriff's office and who knew where those guys were. This incident happened in Sumner County Tennessee in 1971. As I look back and give it thought the jury must have thought the dude deserved it. During the trail when the guy I shot described getting the buckshot removed most of them were laughing. To be truthful I was not laughing, I was scared. Times were a lot different then than they are now that's for sure.

I totally agree but some jobs you apply for does ask. (security)  To apply to be a foster parent or an adoption did require the information and the court papers. I found out the hard way when applying for an adoption. The adoption did go through only after I supplied the papers.

In some states it's illegal for an employer to ask about arrests, they're only allowed to inquire about convictions. ....as it should be. 

One of my RA's [Resident Assistants] in charge of 1 floor in a dorm facility in college told me when he applied for that job was asked by the person who interviewed him for the position if he'd ever been convicted of a crime. He was chased by the police once for under age drinking but never caught so therefore, he never even mentioned the incident other than to say "No, I've never been in trouble with the law & I have a clean record."

Whatever the legal outcome of the case is.....Kromer has been placed on paid administrative leave by the Bills in accordance with the league personal conduct policy.

Yeah, that was expected.  That is the league/coaches equivalent of the players Commissioners Exempt list.