Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown's One-Handed Catch

oldunclemark

It was only for 4 yard gain and they didnt replay it..

but Brown made an almost impossible one-handed grab in the 4th quarter...of a ball thrown behind him

I have noticed that in the last couple of games...he's lining up outside on occassion and catching a couple of passes...

In a lost season...Didnt we find a breakaway threat and multi-purpose sure hand at RB?

We have so much potential for our team next year on offense. Say Manning comes back healthy, Castonzo has experience at LT, Ijalana will be back, we could use 2 TE sets with Tamme and Clark, we would have 2 solid backs in Addai and Brown (and Carter hasn't been too shabby), Pierre has had a very good season and seems to be dropping the ball less....I can't wait to see it!

We have so much potential for our team next year on offense. Say Manning comes back healthy, Castonzo has experience at LT, Ijalana will be back, we could use 2 TE sets with Tamme and Clark, we would have 2 solid backs in Addai and Brown (and Carter hasn't been too shabby), Pierre has had a very good season and seems to be dropping the ball less....I can't wait to see it!

....we have the vehicle...we just need to plug the starter (at QB) back in...

Manning isn't just the keys to the vehicle haha he is the keys and turbo jets to really make the vehicle go

I like it..

Plus.......we have the O-lineman Ben I. who didnt get to play this season...

and we have a blocking fullback (No. 42..dont now his name..sure like his game)

which could allow us to shift Brown outside on run downs and get him matched up on a linebacker.

Manning is going to discover than Brown can be like Matt Forte

I would think that Peyton is smiling when he thinks of what he can do with the 'new-and-improved Brown'

Talking about TE's one person i would love to see the colts get is Coby Fleener, he would be a great replacement for dallas... apart from brody eldridge both clark and tamme are pretty much one dimensional, the colts need a dual threat there.

Talking about TE's one person i would love to see the colts get is Coby Fleener, he would be a great replacement for dallas... apart from brody eldridge both clark and tamme are pretty much one dimensional, the colts need a dual threat there.

I don't think TE is too high of a priority for this team. Clark and Tamme are both decent blockers. Where they really shine is catching the ball. Our O-line is doing a better job or run blocking this year, and keeping a FB would help too. The TE group is solid, I don't think we need a new one

that was a great catch, db has been playing really good this year , the only question i have is, has he improved on his blocking skills.

..asking 195-205 pound backs like Addai and Brown to block blitzing linebackers has always been a flaw in our scheme

..I'd love to see us go to some I formation running down passes where Brown or Addai gets into the pattern and the big fullback in Manning's protector..

I think thats a better use of the backs..

Yeah, that was quite an impressive catch.

Orlovsky really ripped it in there and did he a nice job reacting.

As a receiver, I can tell you that he made a really nice catch as he caught a fireball and had to adjust to the ball.

I don't think TE is too high of a priority for this team. Clark and Tamme are both decent blockers. Where they really shine is catching the ball. Our O-line is doing a better job or run blocking this year, and keeping a FB would help too. The TE group is solid, I don't think we need a new one

Idk about blocking, clark and tamme got beat by DE's and LB's quite often especially clark.. its definitely not a priority but i think if Fleener is in the 3rd round you definitely take him.

Back to topic though, donald has been showing what he can do with the ball, i personally think the colts are pushing donald around i mean it would be common sense to start the RB thats being the most productive yet the colts still insist on starting and oft injured addai whos only really good attribute is his pass blocking.

Idk about blocking, clark and tamme got beat by DE's and LB's quite often especially clark.. its definitely not a priority but i think if Fleener is in the 3rd round you definitely take him.

Back to topic though, donald has been showing what he can do with the ball, i personally think the colts are pushing donald around i mean it would be common sense to start the RB thats being the most productive yet the colts still insist on starting and oft injured addai whos only really good attribute is his pass blocking.

maybe Indy is trying to decide if Addai and/or Brown will be back next year.

Yeah, Clark and Tamme both got beat. But in all fairness, they were beat by guys like James Harrison and Mario Williams, some of the best pass rushers in the league. I would never expect a 250 lbs Clark or 235 lbs Tamme to block the nearly 300 lbs Mario Williams.

Easy Mark. Let's not go carving his hall of fame bust just yet. I mean we just moved him out of "bust" status into "probably not a bust" status a few weeks ago..

But yeah, it was a nice catch.

We project conclusions about how bad someone is but never how good..

What do you think would happen if Brown got 15-20 carries every game

We project conclusions about how bad someone is but never how good..

That's not true at all.

If Donald Brown had been tearing it up since the moment we drafted him, I'd be fist pumping his name right next to you. But he didn't. Like at all. Recently however, he's been better and we should all aknowledge that.

But a few good games isn't a big enough sample size to declare him "the awesome."

That's not true at all.

If Donald Brown had been tearing it up since the moment we drafted him, I'd be fist pumping his name right next to you. But he didn't. Like at all. Recently however, he's been better and we should all aknowledge that.

But a few good games isn't a big enough sample size to declare him "the awesome."

Again...'a few good games'///maybe more than a few....Jax..last year..saved the playoff run? 120 yatds

This year..161 when we were 0-13

..and of course he doesnt get 20 carries a game on a passing team...Never said he was awesome....but the names thrown at him here were

lets just say 'awesome' was one of them

...You acknowledge that he a legitimate starter...but we do trend negative here...

maybe Indy is trying to decide if Addai and/or Brown will be back next year.

Yea probably but the colts just signed addai i doubt they will actually let him go, but you never know.. just like they did with sanders.. hope they do the same with addai. The colts already have a 1 2 punch, with brown as the slasher type back, you have carter as the pounder..