Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coach Peyton

DILLIGAFER

This has been brought up before, but I saw something Thursday night that I hadnt seen before. Peyton seemed to pretty well be the coach on offense walking up and down the sidelines and even onto the field.

How many of you think he will go into coaching after his career? High school, College, NFL?

he is a natural.

This has been brought up before, but I saw something Thursday night that I hadnt seen before. Peyton seemed to pretty well be the coach on offense walking up and down the sidelines and even onto the field.

How many of you think he will go into coaching after his career? High school, College, NFL?

he is a natural.

He'll coach the Saints.....with Eli as QB coach and his dad as offensive coordinator.....

..and Jeff saturday as line coach

I think he will be back in the NFL at some position, be it coach or GM or scout or whatever. He loves the game too much to just walk away from it and never return. However, I think after he retires, he will take some time off from the game and spend time with his family before returning.

Could you imagine having Peyton as your coach? Just imagine if a player messes up..."Take off your pads and jersey and hand 'em to me....I'm going in!"

I think he will be back in the NFL at some position, be it coach or GM or scout or whatever. He loves the game too much to just walk away from it and never return. However, I think after he retires, he will take some time off from the game and spend time with his family before returning.

Could you imagine having Peyton as your coach? Just imagine if a player >>>s up..."Take off your pads and jersey and hand 'em to me....I'm going in!"

The other option is that he buy the Colts from Irsay..

I don't know about that one. I don't think Irsay would be willing to sell the team. And being the owner would (I assume) take more time and commitment than being a coach and I don't know if Manning will want to do that.

I thought his son-in-law is taking over when Peyton retires? Didn't Irsay say he is done when Peyton is done?

I say this all the time about great players. They rarely make great coaches. People like Peyton simply can't understand and can't relate to the mortals with normal talent, or more prevalent in Peyton's case, normal work ethic and attention to detail. He'd ride his players too hard and eventually lose the locker room. Even though I'm usually skeptical of college coaches coming to the NFL, Jim Harbaugh was the perfect model of a coach I'd want. A player with some talent, but also a guy that needed to learn every loophole, every shortcut, every X and O that would allow him to maximize that talent. Peyton is psychotically competitive on a level that maybe only 10 athletes of all time could understand.

On a smaller level, I'm a high school coach, and I'm constantly frustrated that my players aren't naturally as competitive as me, and I can tell you, it's the most maddening thing a coach can endure