Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combined with two for sure QB first round picks, 2 probable RB first round picks, and potentially up to 7 first round WRs taken, there could be quite a bit of talent falling to picks 20-32! I know this isn't new news, but I thought it was noteworthy going into tomorrow.

I am starting to believe that Malcom Brown, the DT from Texas may fall into the early 20's. If we could work a trade with the Eagles where we only have to give up our 3rd round pick, he would be a nice addition to the defensive line. 

I also would not rule out a trade up for Marcus Peters. Peters is my number one preference for who we draft.

I am starting to believe that Malcom Brown, the DT from Texas may fall into the early 20's. If we could work a trade with the Eagles where we only have to give up our 3rd round pick, he would be a nice addition to the defensive line. 

I also would not rule out a trade up for Marcus Peters. Peters is my number one preference for who we draft.

Malcom Brown looks like a good fit. But we can get another solid future starter with that 3rd rd pick.

As much as I love him, I don't think Brown is a scheme fit for the Colts.

In ESPN's big televised mock the other day,  Polian's comment about Brown was that he's a 1-gap DL,  but does not fit a 2-gap scheme.      And that's what the Colts run.

Where we pick,  I think we're looking at hoping that Goldman falls that far....   or perhaps trading back and looking at Phillips or Davis....

As for Peters,  I think you should take into consideration Grigson's public comments about guys with Character issues....   No knuckleheads in the first four rounds...    I think that rules out Peters to the Colts.

My dream scenario would be trading up to 21 or 22 to select DT Malcom Brown. He fits out DL perfectly and can play the NT and DE position. And if it only cost a 3rd even better. More likely it would cost us our 2nd rounder though.