Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Classy Jets

Peyton and Eli fan

Ha. Jets actually took the trouble to put a curtain up over the Giants' superbowl logo outside their lockeroom. Tynes and Jacobs took the curtain down and the Jets put it back up with security to protect the curtain from the Giants removing it again.

Anyway, Jets aren't out of it, but need a lot of things to go their way.

While I am very happy that the Giants won, it's not a good move on Jacobs' part to say what he did. You won, let it go, move on

I'm happy. I don't know what he said but the two NY teams fighting is a good thing. And anytime you get in Rex's face.:>

http://www.nfl.com/v...Jacobs-jabs-Rex

If I were Coughlin, I wouldn't be happy about what Jacobs did/said

lol....big man starting a fight with a 50 year old man. Perhaps he should get tough and jump into the stands and whoop an old lady for heckling him too?

It doesn't matter how much money some of these guys have, the street punk always comes out. You can take a player out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the player.

I always find it so interesting how fans throw around the word classy in one of the more violent sports we have in this country. I just find it an odd mix that fans want their players especially the defenders, tough, aggressive, mean, and violent, but then act appalled when things are not "classy."

Maybe classy was the wrong word. Disturbing might be better

Yes it's a violent sport but that kind of crossed the line into blood thirsty don't you think?

Maybe classy was the wrong word. Disturbing might be better

Yes it's a violent sport but that kind of crossed the line into blood thirsty don't you think?

True.

How are coaching staffs supposed to teach their players not to lead with the helmet or hit defenseless receivers, while glorifying the drawing of blood? A picture of the Giants slamming Eli is one thing, but the grotesque closeup of a gushing head wound is a bit over the top.

http://www.nfl.com/v...Jacobs-jabs-Rex

If I were Coughlin, I wouldn't be happy about what Jacobs did/said

I just watched it. I approve even more. Ryan asks for it with his big mouth. You reap what you sow. Players don't like that kind of talk. And he said it again.."just wait until we win the SB. My gosh..the proverbial kid mouthing off over and over after each failure. If they had won the first time he mouthed off...well I guess you can say they backed it up. But this is what the 3rd year.

I suspect some of his own players might be tired of it.

Thats not motivation by a coach always yapping how we're going to win the SB. I bet some players around the league are quietly glad someone told him off.

Players just don't like that kind of talk and is why the Patriots are told to shut up..like most teams do.

I just watched it. I approve even more. Ryan asks for it with his big mouth. You reap what you sow. Players don't like that kind of talk. And he said it again.."just wait until we win the SB. My gosh..the proverbial kid mouthing off over and over after each failure. If they had won the first time he mouthed off...well I guess you can say they backed it up. But this is what the 3rd year.

I suspect some of his own players might be tired of it.

Thats not motivation by a coach always yapping how we're going to win the SB. I bet some players around the league are quietly glad someone told him off.

Players just don't like that kind of talk and is why the Patriots are told to shut up..like most teams do.

I agree with you. Personally, I am very happy someone told him off. But if I was Coughlin, I wouldn't be happy. As an external fan, I'm fine with it and in fact, I love to see it. If I was someone working internally with the Giants, I wouldn't want to see it happen with my players

I agree with you. Personally, I am very happy someone told him off. But if I was Coughlin, I wouldn't be happy. As an external fan, I'm fine with it and in fact, I love to see it. If I was someone working internally with the Giants, I wouldn't want to see it happen with my players

Yeah BB would be livid if one of our players did that. Just glad it was someone else:)

Ryan's already succeeded in some way, in that he's made the Jets relevant in NY again. A few years back, the Giants wouldn't have gone out of their way to get involved in a peeing contest like this with the Jets' head coach. But he does need to tone it down when talking about Super Bowls and that kind of thing.

Jets aren't going to win with Sanchez. That is how the Jets always roll. Sub-par QBs throughout their history. Joe Namath wasn't even a good QB. No HoF QB should have more interceptions than touchdowns.

He didn't ask to go to the HOF.....

He just wanted a kiss