Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

STEFEN WISNIEWSKI (FA Center from Oakland)

Yea I've heard that too...just disappointed the colts aren't on this

You don't know if the Colts haven't been checking him out. I have a feeling that Grigson is on any player he feels can better the Colts. With the detail Grigson and his staff works with I doubt that this free agent is being overlooked. I highly doubt we hear much at all about who the Colts are looking at till it is time he is signed. There are some player who prefer to play and live on the west coast. This young man could be one? I don't know.

You don't know if the Colts haven't been checking him out. I have a feeling that Grigson is on any player he feels can better the Colts. With the detail Grigson and his staff works with I doubt that this free agent is being overlooked. I highly doubt we hear much at all about who the Colts are looking at till it is time he is signed. There are some player who prefer to play and live on the west coast. This young man could be one? I don't know.

I don't fully disagree there. But I would think you'd hear Colts Being in the mix if they were interested. I was just simply saying that I think this guy would be a solid upgrade to our line...better than Holmes yes, just my opinion though.

I don't fully disagree there. But I would think you'd hear Colts Being in the mix if they were interested. I was just simply saying that I think this guy would be a solid upgrade to our line...better than Holmes yes, just my opinion though.

Nothing at all wrong with that. You might be right. If there is one thing I have learned about Grigson is he keeps to himself in these matters.

Its obvious that between DL, ILB, S, and OL....and vet WR, and RB, the Colts have/had a lot of holes to fill. The cap space gets eaten up very quickly. But of all the places to address, I think Grigson should take more heat for not fixing the OL this offseason above anything else, if that is in fact what happens.

Its obvious that between DL, ILB, S, and OL....and vet WR, and RB, the Colts have/had a lot of holes to fill. The cap space gets eaten up very quickly. But of all the places to address, I think Grigson should take more heat for not fixing the OL this offseason above anything else, if that is in fact what happens.

The O-line is fine, ths RB's ave.over 4 yards per carry (except trich) and Luck had more passing yards than any other QB in the NFL. What else do you want ?

The O-line is fine, ths RB's ave.over 4 yards per carry (except trich) and Luck had more passing yards than any other QB in the NFL. What else do you want ?

I think the OL had some revolving doors the past few years, both because of injuries but also because of Holmes and Thornton not really performing very well. Now there is the issue of Cherilous' perhaps chronic injury. I would like to see more stability and Wisnewski would help that.

I want another Jeff Saturday who can quarterback the OL.  One who can change blocking assignments as fast as Luck changes plays and can spend many years with Luck, as JS did with Peyton.  We have two young centers, one of whom may be the answer.  However, Wisniewski is also young, more experienced, and had a $1.5 M contract last year, I think.  This looks like a value addition

I want another Jeff Saturday who can quarterback the OL.  One who can change blocking assignments as fast as Luck changes plays and can spend many years with Luck, as JS did with Peyton.  We have two young centers, one of whom may be the answer.  However, Wisniewski is also young, more experienced, and had a $1.5 M contract last year, I think.  This looks like a value addition

Joe Reitz went on the radio and described Holmes as doing just that. Maybe he was just vouching for a teammate, but he said that was Holmes' strong point.

First,  unless Wiznewski is asking for the moon,  it would appear he is NOT the player that we all thought he was.

32 teams have passed on him so far.

Also,  I think Wiz is more a zone blocker than a power man blocker,  so I'm not sure he's a scheme fit.

And the club wants to find out once and for all what we have with Holmes.

We only have so much money,  spending them on another center doesn't seem to be the best decision.

I hope he's right, and we have to trust management since they know the talent better than we do.  But it seems to me that going into the season with only two centers, neither of whom has played a full season, would require us to add a third one, and this looks a good opportunity to add a young, experienced talent.  I know we have other OL who can play center, but that detracts from the depth at their primary position, and doesn't sound like an aggressive plan for a team who is building expectations for a serious Superbowl run.

First,  unless Wiznewski is asking for the moon,  it would appear he is NOT the player that we all thought he was.

32 teams have passed on him so far.

Also,  I think Wiz is more a zone blocker than a power man blocker,  so I'm not sure he's a scheme fit.

And the club wants to find out once and for all what we have with Holmes.

We only have so much money,  spending them on another center doesn't seem to be the best decision.

It's kind of speculation...32 teams have also passed on Vince Wilfork so far...it doesn't mean anything.

I agree we do need to know what we have with holmes for sure...but that should have taken place last year (ugh!). If it doesn't work out during the course of the season we would either be stuck AGAIN with crappy production....OR we would have to have drafted a C that could replace him....or pull a midseason trade for a C if possible.

I for one would like to see something more solidified there at the C position. I don't think holmes will be the guy IMO. I still have no clue as to why he was benched for essentially the entire year either...unless the theory is with an injury I'm baffled.

It's kind of speculation...32 teams have also passed on Vince Wilfork so far...it doesn't mean anything.

I agree we do need to know what we have with holmes for sure...but that should have taken place last year (ugh!). If it doesn't work out during the course of the season we would either be stuck AGAIN with crappy production....OR we would have to have drafted a C that could replace him....or pull a midseason trade for a C if possible.

I for one would like to see something more solidified there at the C position. I don't think holmes will be the guy IMO. I still have no clue as to why he was benched for essentially the entire year either...unless the theory is with an injury I'm baffled.

I don't think this is the right comparison...

Vince Wilfork isn't 25 years old and seemingly on the upswing of his career.

It means everything.

Wilfork is in Houston meeting with the Texans right now. If he signs there, our offensive line is going to have fits against their defensive front.