Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Coaching Stafff Cannot Evaluate Talent

GoGoColts

Evaluating talent is a smaller part of the coaching staff's job, in my opinion. Polian and Polian will evaluate the talent and bring in who they think will work, it's up to the coaches to find ways to put the talent on the field and utilize the talent the GM brings in. I think we have lots of talent, we just don't have coaches that can utilize it.

Evaluating talent is a smaller part of the coaching staff's job, in my opinion. Polian and Polian will evaluate the talent and bring in who they think will work, it's up to the coaches to find ways to put the talent on the field and utilize the talent the GM brings in. I think we have lots of talent, we just don't have coaches that can utilize it.

It doesn't seem to me that they are sure about who should play or not when they have guys in camp or on the roster.

News flash, this team could use a little attitude, not trouble, but a little swagger would'nt hurt. We have enough yes men.

You don't see swagger in Pat Angerer? Flexing his muscles after the INT? Or Freeney after a sack? Or Pierre pointing to the back of his jersey after a TD? What have you been watching. This team has swagger, they just don't act like ^fool^s when they are down by 3 tds (which has been the case a lot this season)

Except he wasn't cut because of talent. He was cut because the Colts thought he was a problem in the lockerroom.

Really?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just hadn't heard that and based on what I've seen about Tommie Harris that's not how he rolls. Did something happen I don't know about?

You don't see swagger in Pat Angerer? Flexing his muscles after the INT? Or Freeney after a sack? Or Pierre pointing to the back of his jersey after a TD? What have you been watching. This team has swagger, they just don't act like ^fool^s when they are down by 3 tds (which has been the case a lot this season)

flexing, pointing, ok, but i am talking about winning at the line of scrimmage, every snap, not pointing at your back when you are 1 and 13, not flexing when you -14 in take aways. I am talking about whipping a guys butt at the point of contact looking down at him and going back to the huddle and doing it again, not dancing like Santonio Holmes when you are 17 down and massively under performing. Sorry we must define swagger different. Jordan had swagger dont did'nt act a fool, just kicked your butt!!!

Really?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just hadn't heard that and based on what I've seen about Tommie Harris that's not how he rolls. Did something happen I don't know about?

Yeah it was printed a lot when he was released that it was due to him wanting to be treated like a big shot and that the Colts kinda felt like he skipped out on a couple of pre-season games he could have played in that he just didn't want to play in them and that he wanted to be treated like Freeney and or Mathis without earning his spot here.

I know the guy who does the AFC South blog for ESPN wrote a peace about it saying that the Colts liked what they saw from him on the field they just felt like his attitude was going to cause more problems than he was worth.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/836706-nfl-roster-cuts-tommie-harris-must-swallow-some-pride-before-continuing-career

I couldn't find the thing Kuharsky but this has the big quote from it:

"Tommie Harris seemed to play well enough to stick, but the former first-round defensive tackle apparently wanted to be treated like the team’s top defensive lineman and the team didn’t like the attitude," wrote Kuharsky.

Yeah it was printed a lot when he was released that it was due to him wanting to be treated like a big shot and that the Colts kinda felt like he skipped out on a couple of pre-season games he could have played in that he just didn't want to play in them and that he wanted to be treated like Freeney and or Mathis without earning his spot here.

I know the guy who does the AFC South blog for ESPN wrote a peace about it saying that the Colts liked what they saw from him on the field they just felt like his attitude was going to cause more problems than he was worth.

http://bleacherrepor...ntinuing-career

I couldn't find the thing Kuharsky but this has the big quote from it:

"Tommie Harris seemed to play well enough to stick, but the former first-round defensive tackle apparently wanted to be treated like the team’s top defensive lineman and the team didn’t like the attitude," wrote Kuharsky.

I heard all that ,but he seems to be helping a 13 AND 3 TEAM. my point is flexing and pointing at 1 and 13 is not swagger.

I heard all that ,but he seems to be helping a 13 AND 3 TEAM. my point is flexing and pointing at 1 and 13 is not swagger.

um he's on the Chargers last time I checked they weren't a 13-3.

Look the Bears cut Harris largely because of his attitude so it's not like the Colts are the only ones who had an issue with this. I think this is hard to accept but maybe just maybe Harris really did have an attitude problem here and the Colts did the right thing.

um he's on the Chargers last time I checked they weren't a 13-3.

Look the Bears cut Harris largely because of his attitude so it's not like the Colts are the only ones who had an issue with this. I think this is hard to accept but maybe just maybe Harris really did have an attitude problem here and the Colts did the right thing.

yea sorry was thinking he was a 9er, watched too much football this weekend, still think he would'hv worked here.

I knew he was going to have a great year the first time I played Madden 12. He is a beast on there.

11 tackles, 3 sacks, not a great year, not a beast.

Unless, of coarse, you had low expectations.

All reports here in Chicago over the past 4 or so years, is that this guy isn't worth it.

They couldn't understand what a team like the Colts saw in him, and why they'd want THAT in their locker room.

flexing, pointing, ok, but i am talking about winning at the line of scrimmage, every snap, not pointing at your back when you are 1 and 13, not flexing when you -14 in take aways. I am talking about whipping a guys butt at the point of contact looking down at him and going back to the huddle and doing it again, not dancing like Santonio Holmes when you are 17 down and massively under performing. Sorry we must define swagger different. Jordan had swagger dont did'nt act a fool, just kicked your butt!!!

Not getting it either. Swagger is a visable attitude. Not a performance. Just what are you saying? Marvin Harrison lit people up with his skills, but he had NO swagger.

The Colts do not have swagger! Who is afraid to come in here and play them? Swagger doesn't just mean your appearance, its something that comes of in a persona! What is the Colts persona...hmmmm... I think of SOFT on the defense, and Finesse on the offense. Now the problem is on defense, your swagger should not be SOFT. Angerer flexing does not implicate swagger, rather shows emotion, same with players pointing to their jerseys. You know what swagger would be... the Colts making tough physical play after play, and then showing their emotion i.e. jersey point, chest pound, flex, but then going right back to the line and making another great play! Making one play and celeberating shows emotion not swagger!

I am with you!

But to the OP, the Colts have no clue what talent is. The problem or concern I should say I have with this, is it the coaching staff, front office, scouts..where is the problem on this team with evaluating talent? If you take any 4-3 team in the NFL and use the Colts roster, excluding Freeney and Mathis, essentially no Colt would make the starting line up of any other 4-3 Defense and thats a serious problem...maybe Powers could be a #2 Corner, or Bethea possibly a free safety, but thats not on every team, and thats a really serious problem! So is it the whole organization can jude talent or where does the blame lay?