Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eddie Royal to Chicago

Girlzarefanstoo

First big bummer for me this off-season (not counting Nick Hardwick's retiring).  Eddie Royal has been unbelievably clutch, especially on key third or even fourth down plays.  He's the reason we won the SF game that was featured today on NFL network.  

I know we need to get younger and faster, but he's going to leave a big hole.

Good luck Eddie!

Why, Blue.....

Alshon Jeffery..Eddie Royal...TE Marcellus Bennett...

...They are talking defense, defense, defense

The draft is loaded with wide outs, that is how they landed Jeffery via the draft, I am sure they will land another one opposite him.

They know they are rebuilding, might as well do so with a combination of vets and youth, and they have the luxury of time because right now, the expectations are low for year 1 at least.

Why, Blue.....

Alshon Jeffery..Eddie Royal...TE Marcellus Bennett...

...They are talking defense, defense, defense

Their top three receivers right now are Jeffery, Royal, and Marquis Wilson. No one knows if Wilson is any good and Royal is more of a slot guy. I didn't say they needed to draft a WR first round or anything but it is a need.

Sounds like a good pick-up for Chicago now that Brandon Marshall is gone.

It is, but I still can't wrap my head around why Marshall is gone. Okay, maybe he was too chummy with Cutler or maybe he was unloaded to free up some spending cash room. 

Why do you dump a big target with a wide catching radius that isn't happy with losing football games with good offensive weapons around him? Yeah I know, what's done is done. 

Good luck in NY Brandon. Geno Smith is not the answer. Man, the Jets have an incredible WR & QB who is inconsistent at best. Can you say recipe for disaster? Sigh...

Hopefully Cutler actually throws it to Royal instead of the opposing team.

You mean he's not supposed to throw picks & dismantle coaching staffs like clockwork? LOL!  The only question remains...Will HC John Fox go down with the Cutler Titanic QB ship? 

If Jay would just learn not to always throw the ball into tight coverage, he would actually be decent. That happens a lot with QBs with cannons. They only know 1 speed: Pedal to the metal. No guts no glory. 

"Gunslinger" means Oh crap, why the hades did I not go thru my progressions 1 last time? A check down? Where's the fun in that?  :P

Seems no official announcement.  Can I keep my fingers crossed that last night's report was in error?  Or will I just end up sad all over again, lol?!

If Eddie does go to Chicago, he'll find out that Cutler is no Rivers (who can and does routinely thread the needle and put the ball where only his receivers can get it)

Seems no official announcement.  Can I keep my fingers crossed that last night's report was in error?  Or will I just end up sad all over again, lol?!

If Eddie does go to Chicago, he'll find out that Cutler is no Rivers (who can and does routinely thread the needle and put the ball where only his receivers can get it)

Bingo! GAFT hit the nail on the head. Rivers has pinpoint accuracy & touch with 99% of his throws. Jay, on the other hand, not even close. 

I sincerely hope you are not crushed twice my friend. That would be a devastating blow indeed. Hey, if the Gore to Philadelphia trade fell through. There's hope GAFT.  :thmup:

It is, but I still can't wrap my head around why Marshall is gone. Okay, maybe he was too chummy with Cutler or maybe he was unloaded to free up some spending cash room. 

Why do you dump a big target with a wide catching radius that isn't happy with losing football games with good offensive weapons around him? Yeah I know, what's done is done. 

Good luck in NY Brandon. Geno Smith is not the answer. Man, the Jets have an incredible WR & QB who is inconsistent at best. Can you say recipe for disaster? Sigh...

Marshall has called out his teammates at least twice in the past couple of seasons. Add in that he and management didn't get along, if you believe the reports, and it is easy to see why they shipped him off.

The draft is loaded with wide outs, that is how they landed Jeffery via the draft, I am sure they will land another one opposite him.

They know they are rebuilding, might as well do so with a combination of vets and youth, and they have the luxury of time because right now, the expectations are low for year 1 at least.

They need to load up defensively....

They are fine at WR....have to go full blast on the worst defense in the NFL the last 2 years...

WR is the strongest position on a 5-11 Bears team

Marshall just had to go.. past management didn't like him..he alienated the new bosses.

Players said privately ///we dont want him here..

..and the Bears saved $4 mil by shipping him.....wasnt a difficult decision