Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Henry Anderson vs Arik Armstead

I don't get why Armstead is being projected as a first rounder and Anderson isn't. Anderson is a better athlete and it's not even like there tape is much different. Anderson was much more productive. 

This isn't to imply I don't think Armstead isn't a 1st rounder, because I do. I just don't get why the consensus for Anderson isn't the same.

Armstead is being projected high because he's a freak athlete, and Anderson is just as good, if not more athletic. 

"Trent Murphy was a better athlete" LOL WAT

What would even make them compare the two? This reminds me of when people were comparing Bjoern Werner to JJ Watt when we drafted him haha

I'm a Stanford guy and I don't think Anderson is equal to Armstead.

That said,   I'm not a huge Armstead fan and yet I'm a fan of Anderson.

But, I'd like Anderson in the 3rd round and I don't see Armstead getting out of the first.   But if he does he won't last long in the 2nd, IMO.     Teams like upside and they see more with Armstead. 

Armstread is a guy who looks like Tarzan but, so far,  plays like Jane.    I don't like players like that.

Anderson is a relentless team guy.   As his NFL profile bio notes,  he gets lots of hustle sacks and tackles.   But the Stanford scheme helped too.    And most Stanford people think Murphy was a better athlete than Anderson.    I don't know why Henry didn't lift -- I'm not aware of an injury -- but he didn't.      I suspect he's waiting for his pro day.

I love Henry.    When I said two years ago,  don't get excited about guys like Chase Thomas or last year when I said the same about other Stanford players,  I said we had more and better players in the pipeline.    Henry Anderson was one of the guys I was thinking of.

Higher floor,  but lower ceiling.     I think he's a Colts type of player -- but I don't see a 1st round guy.    I'm not even sure I see a 2nd round guy.      I'd feel much better about taking him in the 3rd.    He's a couple of years away.    Needs two years of weight work and more NFL level training to max him out.

Being much, much bigger and stronger, with the same speed?

They're the same size. Anderson actually has an advantage in the height department speaking practicaly as a taller player is going to struggle with leverage more. Anderson blows him away in short area quickness and lateral agility.

They're the same size. Anderson actually has an advantage in the height department speaking practicaly as a taller player is going to struggle with leverage more. Anderson blows him away in short area quickness and lateral agility.

They are not the same size, but your mind is obviously made up, and people can't talk to you when that happens.

Rotational pass rusher right now is what Henry is, Not strong enough to hold up in run contain as a 3-4 End in the NFL, Seen him get blown off the ball at Stanford far to often, Penetrates gaps well and is quick enough., I'd take him in the 4th-5th if still there but I think we can get a better player in the first 3 rounds

I don't get why Armstead is being projected as a first rounder and Anderson isn't. Anderson is a better athlete and it's not even like there tape is much different. Anderson was much more productive.

This isn't to imply I don't think Armstead isn't a 1st rounder, because I do. I just don't get why the consensus for Anderson isn't the same.

Armstead is being projected high because he's a freak athlete, and Anderson is just as good, if not more athletic.

As you said, its Armstead's size that's intriguing to everyone. He underperformed A LOT at Oregon. He's a HUGE risk to take in the first just because you don't know if he's ever going to play up to his potential. He rarely did it against weak Pac-12 OL's so I wouldn't hold my breath on him doing it in the NFL.