Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Randall Cobb

I know what most are going to say about this, but Grigson has stated we need more WR depth, since we cannot be sure how Carter will adapt, Montcrief should continue developing, but TY is the only proven commodity, in addition to Allen and Fleener, but they are not WR's. My guess is Grigson gets one in the draft, I would love Jaelen Strong at 29, but what about Randall Cobb.

The WR pool is deep, but he may be the best one who actually hits FA. Thomas, Bryant and Maclin are going to get tagged if no extension. I know he is going to demand around 9M/yr. but we have the cap money, he would be an incredible slot receiver who we could use on screens, end arounds, and he can be a punt returner. The kid is only 24 years old. I know the Jags, Oakland, Cleveland, and Jets will throw boatloads of money at him, but if he wants to play with an elite QB, and make the money he wants, he would be a great fit for us, and our offense if we get the line right, and a RB in the draft would be incredible. He is dynamic and young, so before you say too much, we need a WR, and he is a proven commodity.

I know what most are going to say about this, but Grigson has stated we need more WR depth, since we cannot be sure how Carter will adapt, Montcrief should continue developing, but TY is the only proven commodity, in addition to Allen and Fleener, but they are not WR's. My guess is Grigson gets one in the draft, I would love Jaelen Strong at 29, but what about Randall Cobb.

The WR pool is deep, but he may be the best one who actually hits FA. Thomas, Bryant and Maclin are going to get tagged if no extension. I know he is going to demand around 9M/yr. but we have the cap money, he would be an incredible slot receiver who we could use on screens, end arounds, and he can be a punt returner. The kid is only 24 years old. I know the Jags, Oakland, Cleveland, and Jets will throw boatloads of money at him, but if he wants to play with an elite QB, and make the money he wants, he would be a great fit for us, and our offense if we get the line right, and a RB in the draft would be incredible. He is dynamic and young, so before you say too much, we need a WR, and he is a proven commodity.

Somehow I don't see Grigson taking a receiver with our first pick. Too many will be free agents as time passes. But as always, we never know what Grigson is going to do. I think Carter might turn out better than some anticipate.

I like Cobb a lot but for him to leave Green Bay they'd almost have to show him the door. There is no other scenario that he'd be better off in than where he is now. Someone would have to come knocking with an offer that the Packers would laugh at and as much as I like Cobb, I hope we don't go knocking. Besides, Nelson is the one I'd want any way.

Someone also mentioned Phillip Dorsett who I'd like in the 3rd round if we went heavy on D with our 1st and 2nd.

Random thought;

I can't believe I actually thought DHB would ball out for us. Lol.