Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Projected type of deal for Revis

amfootball

Sure but getting another ring is strongly predicated on signing Revis and McCourty. The biggest key to this team securing the 1 seed and winning it all was its ability to defend the pass. And if they move on from Revis than they have to replace him and this FA market is thin at CB and no one close to Revis certainly.

I definitely concur that having those two guys in the outfield presents a challenge to passers and that the Pats face some formidable passers each year.  I also think that having a good rush up front will cover up deficiencies.  In the era of the salary cap, teams have to choose where to spend money.  

I think that the Pats have a good chance of winning every year.  Even if Revis is somewhere else.  I'd love to have him back, but I would not concede the season if he moves on. 

Edited by 21isSuperman

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revis is the lynch pin in that defense. What he allows Bill to do as far as game plan is AMAZING. Honestly I couldn't believe Baltimore was able to move the ball on NE the way they were....Flacco was brilliant up til that last bomb he threw. That defense came out flat against them but you saw them get better and better. The SB came down to several jump balls that Seattle came down with that were 50/50 at best. Without Revis (or a replacement of his caliber) that defense would struggle against the pass and probably be pretty mediocre. Not saying they can't win another SB because Tom has led them there before with worse but I don't think you want to take an aging qb and put it on his shoulders to carry you 19 games.....not that Tom can't do it but well thats a lot of eggs to put in his basket.

And they hadn't won a Super Bowl since Ty Law. That's kind of his point.

What?  Ty Law was on IR for their last Super Bowl run... they had Troy Brown, a wide receiver, playing at CB including in the Super Bowl.

Edited by Superman

Posted · Hidden by Superman, March 2, 2015 - responding to hidden portion of post
Hidden by Superman, March 2, 2015 - responding to hidden portion of post

What?  Ty Law was on IR for their last Super Bowl run... they had Troy Brown, a wide receiver, playing at CB including in the Super Bowl.

Also trying to figure out what happened to my previously posted thread, apparently it was deleted and I most certainly want to know why from a Mod because it was league stats for the top teams of this decade...

Yeah.. I couldn't figure it out either. Those threads were there one minute and woooshhh ...gone the next. I'm thinking maybe termites ?

That's just silly.  The Pats have been 'truly competitive' since Brady arrived -- including a year Brady was sidelined and one lossless [regular] season.  I don't think they have a shut down corner since Ty Law.  

As with everything else, Revis will be on the roster if it is what is best for the team.  If his price exceeds his value, the Pats will move on -- using the unspent money to make the team better in other ways.

I see your point, but the Patriots have been "done in," in great part, due to their pass D in recent years. The inability to stop the final drives by the Giants in those two Super Bowls, they couldn't slow down Manning and the Broncos in the conference title game two seasons ago, they had poor showings against Flacco in other years... 

Revis pushes them from "competitive" to "championship-caliber," IMO.