Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baldwin says disgusting TD celebration aimed at Revis

amfootball

Sure and this is a forum where opinions are stated. And I am pretty sure 99.9 percent of people here would agree with the thread title.

That's impossible to quantify, but I don't think nearly as many people as you think even care enough about what Baldwin did to find it disgusting. In poor taste, sure; disgusting is a much stronger adjective. No need to project your opinion onto others.

Regardless, like I said, you can express your opinion all you want. 

That's impossible to quantify, but I don't think nearly as many people as you think even care enough about what Baldwin did to find it disgusting. In poor taste, sure; disgusting is a much stronger adjective. No need to project your opinion onto others.

No one here but you commented on the thread title or had issue with it. People caring or not caring about what Baldwin did is not really the point anyways. The part of the story that I found interesting was that he said he was directing it at Revis that is why I posted it.

I would like to know who thinks his TD celebration is disgusting? Could be just a female thing? :unicorn:

I wouldn't label it as disgusting, I've seen actual disgusting things. I suppose that is my opinion but if I had to label a TD as disgusting this past year, maybe that award goes to Marshawn Lynch for grabbing his junk, but even then that is borderline.

As a Stanford fan who has great affection for both Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin for what they did at my favorite school, I confess I'm not the least bit impressed when their actions get out of control on the NFL level.

These are two very smart, very savvy guys.   But sometimes they act first, and think second.   I don't think it reflects well on them,  and it sure doesn't reflect well on Stanford.    Trust me,  they would NEVER, EVER have pulled those stunts in college.

Unfortunately, this is the world we're living in these days....  

No one here but you commented on the thread title or had issue with it. People caring or not caring about what Baldwin did is not really the point anyways. The part of the story that I found interesting was that he said he was directing it at Revis that is why I posted it.

To the bolded, so? To this point, you're the only one in this thread to have called it disgusting.

And to the latter, if the only reason you posted it was to discuss that it was directed at Revis, then the modifier in the thread title was irrelevant, and entirely unnecessary.

Again, this is not a big deal. I just don't like sensationalized and editorialized headlines.

As a Stanford fan who has great affection for both Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin for what they did at my favorite school, I confess I'm not the least bit impressed when their actions get out of control on the NFL level.

These are two very smart, very savvy guys.   But sometimes they act first, and think second.   I don't think it reflects well on them,  and it sure doesn't reflect well on Stanford.    Trust me,  they would NEVER, EVER have pulled those stunts in college.

Unfortunately, this is the world we're living in these days....  

Baldwin went to Stanford!? Wow. I would have never guessed that. At least Sherman comes across as well spoken and bright when he is not ranting ...

All drama, blah. Who cares? 

Seahawks are just bitter they didn't win a second SB, and I am glad they didn't. A team that needed an epic meltdown after turning the ball over 5 times vs GB did not deserve to be there. They're lucky NE did not blow them out, cause they sure could have in that game. 

Baldwin went to Stanford!? Wow. I would have never guessed that. At least Sherman comes across as well spoken and bright when he is not ranting ...

So does Baldwin.    Really.

I wouldn't be surprised if his apology today -- which didn't do much for me because it's disrespectful to Revis -- was motivated by a talk from Stanford Coach David Shaw.  

I don't know if that happened,  but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it did.   I can't imagine Shaw was happy with Doug and they're close.

I realize Baldwin plays with a huge chip (boulder) on his shoulder,  but sometimes that attitude gets the best of him....

Honest question... if a Pats player did what Baldwin did, what do you think the reaction on this forum would be? 

All drama, blah. Who cares?

Seahawks are just bitter they didn't win a second SB, and I am glad they didn't. A team that needed an epic meltdown after turning the ball over 5 times vs GB did not deserve to be there. They're lucky NE did not blow them out, cause they sure could have in that game.

What are you talking about? How are they bitter they lost IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME?

Do you even know where you are half the time?

It wasn't an apology . Whenever someone qualifies such a statement with "if I offended someone", that means they don't think that their action was wrong .

You either show remorse or you don't .

The day someone needs to show remorse for a harmless TD celebration is the day I buy one of those 1-way tickets to Mars.

I like how the celebration was disgusting and uncalled for, but a bench player in Bolden and then Blount (who had a pretty average game) can wear shirts saying "B***h Mode 24" on television during the Pats parade. Yeah reaaaallll classy

Don't forget Edelman ripping up a Sherman sign and Gronk running around chugging beers in a "69" jersey. So sick of seeing him show up in my news feed "Gronk ripped his pants partying!" "Gronk asks female interviewer what her Valentines Day Plans are!" "Gronk spikes puck at Bruins game!" (ok the last one is awesome).

Very glad Brady got to share the moment with his son who was old enough to appreciate it....you literally never see that as most SB QB's/MVP's have young or no children when they win it (like Brady did for his first 3).

The rest of the clowns are just what we knew they were....classless clowns. At least act like you been there. So little class on both teams from guys you would hope would act more mature considering how talented they are.