Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does Donald Brown Really Average More Per Carry Than C2K?

oldunclemark

Browns having a solid season. I am glad he is getting more snaps. But, I would still like to see him get more. He will never fully develop unless the colts make him the featured back.

Look at the carries...

Brown has been availble EVERY game...

Chris Johnson missed 4 games, right...but they make sure he gets 20 tries...

Look at the carries...

Brown has been availble EVERY game...

Chris Johnson missed 4 games, right...but they make sure he gets 20 tries...

I know, I agree. I gave the team the benefit of the doubt earlier in his career. Addai was great. But, he isnt the same back he used to be. Give Brown the oppurtunity to shine a little bit more. Even if the Colts decide to part ways, he should have a chance to show he is worthy of another stop on another team.

CJ has had a bad year because he held out and had to deal with a shortened offseason to get back into shape. I'm not saying what he did was right (in fact, I think it's completely stupid when players hold out), but that's why he is having a bad year. On the plus side, Brown is having a better than expected year.

In one of his games, CJ averaged 2.1 yards per carry. Honestly, I think I could do better than that in a game

CJ has had a bad year because he held out and had to deal with a shortened offseason to get back into shape. I'm not saying what he did was right (in fact, I think it's completely stupid when players hold out), but that's why he is having a bad year. On the plus side, Brown is having a better than expected year.

In one of his games, CJ averaged 2.1 yards per carry. Honestly, I think I could do better than that in a game

You have a better spin move...Supe.

My not-so-subtle point is that if Brown could get 20 carries a game..

he could gain 100 yards a game......like Chris Johnson..who also is a dancing, outside runnner..

Indy folks forget how many yards Donald Brown gained in college.

Donald Brown was the wrong pick on every level we should've taken Nicks and if we wanted to take an rb then it shouldve been McCoy

Donald Brown was the wrong pick on every level we should've taken Nicks and if we wanted to take an rb then it shouldve been McCoy

I think the point is that Donald Brown is actually being productive. He's not blowing the doors off the building, but his production is at least noteworthy. Not a good pick by any stretch of the imagination. Nicks and McCoy would probably have been better (though that's easy for you to say three years later, and of course you're going to say that you were advocating for Nicks and McCoy before the draft), but none of that has any relevance to the discussion.

I think the point is that Donald Brown is actually being productive. He's not blowing the doors off the building, but his production is at least noteworthy. Not a good pick by any stretch of the imagination. Nicks and McCoy would probably have been better (though that's easy for you to say three years later, and of course you're going to say that you were advocating for Nicks and McCoy before the draft), but none of that has any relevance to the discussion.

I was not advocating for them before the draft I'll be honest......but then again its not my job to scout for players. Obviously in hindsight our front office got it DEAD WRONG and thats that

Brown does well in OUR offense.....which in not halfback friendly..

..and his career is not over..His best days are yet to come...

hes a "college" back have you seen any of his film from college? the guy had holes the size of freeways. Maybe he can be productive somewhere else that has an Oline that can do that.

hes a "college" back have you seen any of his film from college? the guy had holes the size of freeways. Maybe he can be productive somewhere else that has an Oline that can do that.

I was not advocating for them before the draft I'll be honest......but then again its not my job to scout for players. Obviously in hindsight our front office got it DEAD WRONG and thats that

i guess it wasn't the front office that was dead wrong. LOL

What I saw was breakaway speed that Addai lacks. Yes he was helped on that 80 yarder by two key blocks, but remember the final Titans defender couldn't catch him....I think he's coming into his own...He just needs to work on his pass blocking

What I saw was breakaway speed that Addai lacks. Yes he was helped on that 80 yarder by two key blocks, but remember the final Titans defender couldn't catch him....I think he's coming into his own...He just needs to work on his pass blocking

if the colts are going to have a fb, pass blocking won't be that important.

That's a point that we still did wrong today..

when we had the lead and obviously were going to run..

we didnt have the fullback in....

How come??

Yesterday when we had the lead we were playing too conservative. They ran three times on like three drives in a row. It was irritating. They should let Orlovsky take some shots. When he did we scored. Our coaches are dunce.

CJ got paid and then did what a large amount of NFL players do.... He QUIT. And it is not debatable.

I think Tenn may have done the worst contract in the history of the NFL, if Fitzpatricks isn't.

CJ got paid and then did what a large amount of NFL players do.... He QUIT. And it is not debatable.

I think Tenn may have done the worst contract in the history of the NFL, if Fitzpatricks isn't.

I don't think he quit. He just wasn't ready. A weird offseason because of the lockout combined with a holdout won't do good things for the player because he won't be in the same shape as he would be with a normal offseason with OTAs and minicamps. When Steven Jackson held out, he said it took him until week 6 to get back to where he was before. He didn't quit in the sense that he wasn't trying. He just wasn't in shape, his body wasn't prepared to deal with the physicality of the NFL after taking such a long rest.

I don't think he quit. He just wasn't ready. A weird offseason because of the lockout combined with a holdout won't do good things for the player because he won't be in the same shape as he would be with a normal offseason with OTAs and minicamps. When Steven Jackson held out, he said it took him until week 6 to get back to where he was before. He didn't quit in the sense that he wasn't trying. He just wasn't in shape, his body wasn't prepared to deal with the physicality of the NFL after taking such a long rest.

Supe...

Dont you think that CJ is thinking instead of running....and believing too much in cutting back

exactly what Donald Brown does when he's tenative...

they're not big enough to get away with that...

I think our coaches try to get Brown to believe in the blocking..believe in the play..dont abort it..

and its hard when the blocking isnt there.

But we're blocking better this year...and he's believing there going to be a hole when he gets there..

Johnson will get back to that, too..there didnt seem to be anything physically wrong with him

Supe...

Dont you think that CJ is thinking instead of running....and believing too much in cutting back

exactly what Donald Brown does when he's tenative...

they're not big enough to get away with that...

I think our coaches try to get Brown to believe in the blocking..believe in the play..dont abort it..

and its hard when the blocking isnt there.

But we're blocking better this year...and he's believing there going to be a hole when he gets there..

Johnson will get back to that, too..there didnt seem to be anything physically wrong with him

I haven't watched enough of CJ this year to know if he is thinking too much or not. But I agree with you about the blocking....for Brown. CJ has had solid blocking his whole career, that's one of the reasons why he got 2K a few years ago...again I could be wrong because I haven't watched a lot of CJ this year, so I'm not sure if they are still blocking well for him or not

Donald is not a power runner. He needs some holes in the line to run through. If our O line blocking continues to improve, IMO, Donald Brown will be a very productive RB. I am impressed by how well our defense has begun to play. We have some LBs that get to the ball and make hits you can hear on TV.