Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

most overrated prospect on here

Tevin Coleman

I agree some are overrating him, but I that has more to do with him going to IU (and many of us are IU alums)... unlike some past years board favorites that were busts/undrafted who got hyped, but had no other connection to most Colts fans.

Hmm, I'd really be surprised if Collins fell out of the 2nd round personally. I could see him maybe falling out of the 1st potentially though.

Watching him he has balance issues, Could be fixed in time but may not be, There are some O Linemen in the NFL today who have been in the NFL for several years now who have that problem, I just wouldn't touch him in the first, He has strength but I don't think he has a strong hand punch

I just don't see how Coleman is overhyped. Most have him second to third round. Look at the tape, and he did more with less. Our OL was not exacly a juggernaut. Watch the Ohio State game. We had no QB, and he was our only weapon, and they loaded the box, Did not matter in the second half, he ripped off huge runs. Breaks tackles, great balance, and speed to break away. I would love to see what he would have done behind the Wisconsin line. IU's QB went down half way through the season, and I don't want to slight Diamont, but we really had no QB until the last 2 games. Coleman was keyed on every time, and it did not matter. The first game Diamont was forced to start was against Michigan State. He ran over them.

Although not talked about here a lot, I think the most overrated player in the draft who will go first round is Landon Collins. He can definitely tackle, but at times he was lost when defending the pass. He was toasted so many times. I am surprised he is projected as top ten.

2 years ago it was aj jenkins he's a bust

1 year ago it was yawin smallwood he's undrafted

who is it this year?

Also add USC safety Dion Bailey. People wanted him so bad, even though I told people he wasn't going to get drafted high.

But if we're talking this year, then maybe Tevin Coleman. Last year people really wanted Cody Latimer too. I think a lot of people get hyped up on in-state prospects. Not to say Coleman isn't good but there are tons of good backs in this draft.

I just don't see how Coleman is overhyped. Most have him second to third round. Look at the tape, and he did more with less. Our OL was not exacly a juggernaut. Watch the Ohio State game. We had no QB, and he was our only weapon, and they loaded the box, Did not matter in the second half, he ripped off huge runs. Breaks tackles, great balance, and speed to break away. I would love to see what he would have done behind the Wisconsin line. IU's QB went down half way through the season, and I don't want to slight Diamont, but we really had no QB until the last 2 games. Coleman was keyed on every time, and it did not matter. The first game Diamont was forced to start was against Michigan State. He ran over them.

He's a stiff, upright runner who doesn't posses good vision in traffic and is too reliant on big plays. 

He's a stiff, upright runner who doesn't posses good vision in traffic and is too reliant on big plays.

I agree he needs to get a forward lean going if he wants any shot at falling forward in the NFL and his speed his slightly above average at best. But I like his vision. I'll admit I didn't get to watch as much of IU as I wanted but what I did see i thought his vision was great considering he had to run through 8 or 9 men boxes.

I agree he needs to get a forward lean going if he wants any shot at falling forward in the NFL and his speed his slightly above average at best. But I like his vision. I'll admit I didn't get to watch as much of IU as I wanted but what I did see i thought his vision was great considering he had to run through 8 or 9 men boxes.

I think his vision outside the tackles is fine. Sets up blocks well and doesn't overrun them. Dude has tunnel-vision up the middle though IMO. 

Although not talked about here a lot, I think the most overrated player in the draft who will go first round is Landon Collins. He can definitely tackle, but at times he was lost when defending the pass. He was toasted so many times. I am surprised he is projected as top ten.

Collins is getting the typical alabama bump