Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Add Cleveland to the "Cheaters" list

Bad Morty

I'm assuming Brian Hoyer is the Browns starter next year. I wouldn't draft another QB because Cleveland needs to see if Johnny Manziel's rehab has changed his outlook for the better. Rehab for substance abuse doesn't always work the 1st time. Sometimes, the addict falls off the wagon due to temptation & it requires more than 1 detox session to fix it or make longterm lasting change in the affected person.

My cousin went through this. It took them a couple of rehab revisits to finally make an impact that was life changing for them. It is a process on a case by case basis. It's not an exact science with a 1 & done cure that fits all the exact same way. 

For people trying to dismiss the Browns texting situation, consider that the people up in the owner's box have access to the network broadcast. There are a lot of camera angles and commentary from the booth during telecasts that would be potentially very useful information for the coaches on the field to have in game. Of the 3 incidents being investigated (deflated balls, crowd noise, and texting the coaches), I'd say this is the only one that really has the potential to tip the scales of fair play. Crowd noise...eh...if you are a road team your offense really ought to be preparing as though you won't be able to hear out there, and deflated balls is a complete joke. 

For people trying to dismiss the Browns texting situation, consider that the people up in the owner's box have access to the network broadcast. There are a lot of camera angles and commentary from the booth during telecasts that would be potentially very useful information for the coaches on the field to have in game. Of the 3 incidents being investigated (deflated balls, crowd noise, and texting the coaches), I'd say this is the only one that really has the potential to tip the scales of fair play. Crowd noise...eh...if you are a road team your offense really ought to be preparing as though you won't be able to hear out there, and deflated balls is a complete joke.

I agree 100%. Text-gate is the more serious of the 3. Though it has yet to come out what information was actually being texted to the sidelines, your reasoning is why it is against NFL rules in the first place.

Off topic but apparently your TE may want out of the mess that is the Cleveland Browns.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/04/report-jordan-cameron-eager-to-leave-the-mess-in-cleveland/

It appeared Mack felt the same way last year as well but he ended up right back there. Not uncommon to try to stir interest in the market by positioning yourself as available when everyone expects you to stay put. It just drives up offers even though he will likely sign with the highest dollar...and probably that would be Cleveland.

It appeared Mack felt the same way last year as well but he ended up right back there. Not uncommon to try to stir interest in the market by positioning yourself as available when everyone expects you to stay put. It just drives up offers even though he will likely sign with the highest dollar...and probably that would be Cleveland.

It would have to be a really high offer if it was me, assuming the reports are true.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Next round of OTAs begin tomorrow.    
    • I honestly thought he had it entering turn 2 on the final lap. He was nearly 3 car lengths ahead. So damn close. I feel for him and for you!    I grew up in a family of Andretti supporters (I was the odd one who also like Foyt), so imagine my disbelief when Michael allowed his son to take the flag only to have Sam Hornish Jr. snatch it all away at the last second…    Maybe Pato will have a Sato like Renaissance? 
    • Pato has been my favorite driver for a couple of years now. I got to experience this 500 almost fully. I was at almost every practice, I had a badge to get back in the garage, and I saw the race from an entirely different perspective for it.    The 5 team has had plenty of problems since the de-facto win in St. Pete. Those problems haven’t stopped all month. His car was snappy loose all month, and even during the race. I’ve told all my racing friends that Rossi was the best McLaren and he had the best shot. I expected Pato to run around the 7-10 range Sunday. He spent the first 2/3 of the day back in the 13-16 range and I thought it was a lost cause. When he cycled up front and came alive late, I couldn’t believe it. He's such a savvy racer in this race. He reminds me of Dale Earnhardt at a SS. He just knows where to go with his car when he needs to go. It’s like he senses the air and how to navigate it perfectly.    I sat over in T4. Dead center of the turn. 5th row. By the time they entered T3 I could turn my head from the big screen across the track and see them exit.    Watching Newgarden pass Pato on the outside in T3 coming to the checkers is something I’ll never forget. It was emotionally draining for me as a fan and 2 days later it’s still like my dog ran away or something. I even accidentally turned my phone on in my hand and recorded my own reaction to it. You can see me scream “NO!” As Newgarden went outside and then immediately turn to see them coming though 3. It’s salty language so if GDs and F bombs aren’t for you, I suggest not watching. 😬     When it was over I sat down, and looked at the guy I was with and said “I haven’t been this emotionally overloaded by sports since 4th and 2” and he knew just what that meant because he was sitting next to me that night as well.    I just hope someone checked out Newgarden’s software after the race. Make sure they didn’t convince themselves of any new rules or anything. 🤔
    • I don't know if they handed him the job, but yeah, the OL depth in 2022 was severely lacking. I have always viewed Pinter as a center only, so starting him at guard wasn't my favorite decision. He started the first three games, then got benched. Ryan Kelly got hurt in Week 5 vs the Broncos, so Pinter finished that game, but didn't play more than five offensive snaps the rest of the season. So however they reached the decision to make him the opening day starter, at least they moved off that idea pretty quickly.   I think there have been far more egregious and more consequential decisions, by the way. Scott Tolzien in 2017 immediately comes to mind.
    • Carlilse, I thought did a bad job at the end of Games 1 and 3. Having said that, his coaching against the Bucks and Knicks was excellent I thought. After falling down vs the Knicks 0-2, his adjustments he made were good, especially playing McConnell more. McConnell is a borderline very good player, forget good. 
  • Members

• throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ 3,782

• chad72

chad72 18,378

• IndyD4U

IndyD4U 1,450

• Jumpman

Jumpman 0

Rookie
    • DoubleE Colt

DoubleE Colt 341