Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Calling all old aged forum-go'ers: Was that the dumbest SB playcall ever in SB history?

ReMeDy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.. I agree . I think the only point is sometimes those kinds of pass plays result in a deflected ball and a possible turn over. Maybe a little different pass play with RW rolling out ?

I hear yah, but a roll out can take a few more seconds, but perhaps more critically could result in a sack that would keep the clock running forcing them to take the time out, now you are say at the 5 or farther and its 3rd down with say 14 seconds, now you are kind of stuck having to run two pass plays or one pass play and a run on 4th down. 

With the quick pass on 2nd down no real chance of sack and have time and TO to run two run plays.

Also, heard on the radio a little bit ago that the pick was the first pick all year by any team from a pass thrown from the one yard line.  So very unlikely. Perhaps not all passes are like you described, into a sea of hands and possible deflection, but still they may have been a good amount anyways and thus a high percentage play.  Combine this will the two runs still in the bank, no sure why anyone in the media can't get their hands around this point. 

It wasn't a bad call, just a horrendous pass. Slants are very high completion usually.

Yeah usually...any time above the defenses 10 yard line. It's not that they called a pass, it's that they called a quick slant. A quick slant is basically a hike then a throw as soon as the quarterback gets it without even looking. Every defender was playing close on account of the old back chalk line is a defender philosophy. Bevell ought to know that.