Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Would You Rather Have.

SubZero

Out of these three positions which would you rather have.

A dymanic RB: A lightning fast running back who is crazy elusive. Who has great vision, can out run angles, and who is tought to bring down.

A monster DT: Who can take on double teams, domimates the run game, and is a great pass rusher.

A shut-down CB: A CB with good size and great speed. He can completely shut down WRs in man coverage and can read plays in zone.

Me personally would rather have a great DT

So your basically asking me if i would rather have Adrian Peterson, Ndamukong Suh, or Darrel Revis? Id have to say Adrian Peterson. :D :D

But for real, if we had a RB like that, we could chew up the clock. No need for a star DT or CB when they sit on the bench for more than 2 quarters in a game. Lol

I was just thinking about that, its true. they are rare.

but so are the suh type of players...how many sapps have we seen since he retired? im really asking, im curious cant remember.

Point taken. There quite a few that are notable but not as dominating. Im not sure if I'd count Suh yet, hes that dominant but he hurts his team as well. Sapp and White were truly awesome without being head cases.

Point taken. There quite a few that are notable but not as dominating. Im not sure if I'd count Suh yet, hes that dominant but he hurts his team as well. Sapp and White were truly awesome without being head cases.

Well since this is a fantasy hypothetical we can probably assume that the DT would only play like Suh, minus the stomping/personal foul stuff.

yea suh is not there yet, he needs to check his emotions soon and he aint that dominant yet but those are DT that other O has to account and they are rare too.

this is a passing league. teams don't just have one top wr and the rest garbage. teams throw the ball to everyone. one cb only takes away one wr.

in your scenario, the colts would have 6 players to cover 2 wr's. you can double both wr's send a free lb, and still have a lb to pick up anyone releasing from the backfield.

the great dt has a greater impact on the whole team and there are VERY few of them.

True, teams don't have just one top WR, but very few teams have #2 or #3 receivers that are elite or could be #1 receivers on other teams. You can have Revis cover the team's best receiver, and then leave guys like Kyle Wilson and Cro to cover the other guys.

And the scenario I mentioned could have different results if the RB and TE do different things. The offense could keep one blocking and let the other run a route, keep both to block, let both run a route and look for a quick pass, or have both the TE and RB chip the DEs, and then run their routes.

The good thing about this is neither one of us is wrong. You can't go wrong saying you want a shutdown CB or a monster DT haha

Yeah, I see where your coming from, he only needs more seasons to reach those numbers. Detroits defense is a prime example of this, monster D tackle, good outside pass rush, mediocre at best corners. They get serious pressure and create turnovers and are a solid defense, that interior pass rush, really causes problems for any QB when he can't just step up into the pocket! If the Colts had that, with Powers and another solid corner, they would look like the Bengals or Browns secondary, both create great pass rush from the inside, and are good pass defenses as a result. Only the Browns have a good corner in Haden, the rest of the corners on both teams are average, that includes Leon Hall.