Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The offseason

GwinnettColt

This thread will probably be locked (as it seems as if only the "we'll get 'em next year" ones are left open) but I'm going to post it anyway as I need to express myself.

Although I'm proud that they made it to the AFCCG, I'm embarrassed to be a fan tonight after such a horrific loss.

This team and the coaches played with absolutely no heart against a team that they could have beaten.  

Here's what I'd do:

Let Greg Manusky and Pep Hamilton go.  The offense couldn't move the ball and the defense got dominated by a mediocre running back.  I'm not sure what to do with Pagano but he looks as confused as I've ever seen anyone. 

Bring in Wade Phillips as DC and someone else as OC-I almost don't care who at this point-and I don't know who is out there.  The Offensive play calling is baffling and the defense has no identity.  It is confused half the time and the fundamentals (tackling and coverage) seem very loose.  The O-line has struggled all year.  

Stop getting mediocre free agents and paying them like they are Hall of Fame bound.  

Stop drafting players that do not fit the scheme (4-3 DE as a pass rushing OLB).  

Stop drafting players ahead of where they should reasonably be drafted.

Don't brag about how much you're going to pay Andrew.  Work something that is fair but leaves cash for FA's as needed.  

The Trent Richardson experiment hasn't worked out.  I hate saying that as if defended him up to this point.  I wanted him to do well; I really did as I like him.  His skills do not fit our blocking scheme.  We either need to change our blocking scheme or use a running back that works with our scheme.  

More Moncrief.  

Stop only looking at Cleveland for our free agency.  Redding and Jones have worked out from Baltimore but Redding is likely retiring.  

Anyway.  Thanks.  Had to vent.  

i think the colts need to really look at the RBs in free agency. the colts for to long have tried to build through the draft, when there has been elite players in free agency.   just my opinion but if the cowboys dont resign demarco murray then i think we need to go after him or maybe even knowshon moreno.  and as far as the defense goes definitly some big run stoppers.    maybe a wr 

My apologies, then.  It looked like a lot of them were locked....didn't read all of them that were locked; maybe some got out of hand, not sure. 

we lock threads created about the game while the game day thread is open. See announcements or the link in my signature. 

Mathis

I love Mathis but we don't know what he's going to do next season coming off this injury. If I had to bet I'd say he comes back strong and gets double digit sacks but we cant bank on that. We really need to add a stud edge rusher, then if Mathis is his old self we'd just be stacked. Mathis, Orakpo, Newsome, Werner, and Walden. I think we could get Orakpo on a 1year deal too.

Mathis might come back, but as you get older, you are more likely to get injured. I do not hold out much hope that Mathis will have much effect on the team next year. I could be wrong, but watching Reggie's decline this year might say otherwise. He started out strong, but the season is a marathon, not a sprint. I think Mathis, like Reggie will fizzle out. We gotta have someone else ready.