Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore (+7) @ New England (1-10-15)

oldunclemark

I think the reason why the Pats started off very slow....maybe the 1st round bye had them rusty.  But on defense they were just out played and caught off guard by the explosiveness of the Ravens' offense.  Ravens were on fire.  It sort of reminded me of the 1st quarter of the Packers/Pats game where Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson were picking apart the Pats' D.  The Pats' D were not ready emotionally and physically out the gate.  The Pats had to give up on the run game in the 1st quarter and just throw the ball from there on out.

Both teams' defenses didn't play well.  It was a sloppy game defensively but those lucky big plays saved them.  Not many excuses as for why both teams put up 30+ points each in artic freeze 18 degree weather.

I heard on the NFL Network after the game that this is a victory coaches love for prep.  Now Belichick can really make the Pats practice hard during the week to focus on improving their mistakes.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was no need to go deep with a time out left..Joe got fooled...he misread that coverage

Fred Smerles said because NE knows 7 yds will get a 1st down so what do you think they are doing? Only play open was deep. Reason for some plays not always what it appears to us.

I think the reason why the Pats started off very slow....maybe the 1st round bye had them rusty.  But on defense they were just out played and caught off guard by the explosiveness of the Ravens' offense.  Ravens were on fire.  It sort of reminded me of the 1st quarter of the Packers/Pats game where Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson were picking apart the Pats' D.  The Pats' D was no ready emotionally and physically out the gate.  The Pats had to give up on the run game in the 1st quarter and just throw the ball from there on out.

Both teams' defenses didn't play well.  It was a sloppy game defensively but those lucky big plays saved them.  Not many excuses as for why both teams put up 30+ points each in artic freeze 18 degree weather.

I heard on the NFL Network after the game that this is a victory coaches love for prep.  Now Belichick can really make the Pats practice hard during the week to focus on improving their mistakes.

I thought- well you often feel a team out 1st drive and somewhat vanilla keeping things in front of you. Problem was Ravens dumped chocolate all over it. They we just short perfect execution plays down the field. Then NE defense we knew would tighten up. Alas in the end it was a runaway train lol

Amen to that- jeepers

I'm not sure I've ever actually seen a game like that. Down by 2 TD's and then tying it .....TWICE. 

WOW. 

People hate NE. We hate them. We hate your team. That's respect in the realm of pro sport, as perverted as that may seem. 

I'm not sure I've ever actually seen a game like that. Down by 2 TD's and then tying it .....TWICE. 

WOW. 

People hate NE. We hate them. We hate your team. That's respect in the realm of pro sport, as perverted as that may seem.

I think that actually might be the first time. Unreal.

I get the perverted respect ;)

Fred Smerles said because NE knows 7 yds will get a 1st down so what do you think they are doing? Only play open was deep. Reason for some plays not always what it appears to us.

Then run the ball..

...you had 1;40 or 1:50 left

You don't have to throw into double coverage...unless its the last play of the game..

Its wasnt 3rd down and they had a time out..They had plenty of time.

It was simply a mistake by Joe Flacco

Then run the ball..

...you had 1;40 or 1:50 left

You don't have to throw into double coverage...unless its the last play of the game..

Its wasnt 3rd down and they had a time out..They had plenty of time.

It was simply a mistake by Joe Flacco

was it 2nd and 7?  That's generally a passing down.

I believe it was 2nd and 5. Happened right after that offsides penalty I think.

If it was 5 then yeah you can run- or better yet its 50-50 to run or pass. I'm just saying sometimes the deep is more open than the short when you only need a short completion thus not necessarily a dumb call as we all often think in those situaltions

Harbaugh is crying foul on the gimmick formations the pats used . I can say it was genious and deceptive but I will guess it will be outlawed before the next round or all the teams will using it . Another genious wrinkle coming from Bill exposing odd loop holes in the rules . The pats really went deep in there bag of tricks and it played off .

Harbaugh is crying foul on the gimmick formations the pats used . I can say it was genious and deceptive but I will guess it will be outlawed before the next round or all the teams will using it . Another genious wrinkle coming from Bill exposing odd loop holes in the rules . The pats really went deep in there bag of tricks and it played off .

What were the formations?

If it's not illegal and not clearly stated in the rule book then it's not cheating.

Would you stop trying to be an internet tough guy to a woman please? Like seriously, you are coming across as a misogynistic thirteen words a minute buffoon.

Ah, so you apparently believe that half of the population shouldn't back up ridiculous claims?

Sad that you think that they shouldn't have to.