Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck vs Manning

Bravo

Here we go again......

The new rivalry while Peyton is playing!? The Colts seem to be playing Denver every year now (last year, twice this year, and next year) and it always makes for a great game. Of course the media loves it but for the fans...it's a crazy game that can play tricks in your mind but it's great!

Luck-1 Manning-1

This game has huge implications for the "passing of the torch" even though I already feel it has been passed. If Luck and the Colts win this game it will be huge for both! Luck should for sure be penciled in as the next great that even Skip B couldn't deny it, and maybe the Colts could gain some more respect! It will prove that our defense is ready to be a terror but has been over shined by a couple bad games. A win for the Colts proves this team will be ready to compete for a Super Bowl this year and for the next coming seasons. Year after year. The Colts need this win. The Broncos on the other hand want the win bad, some may feel they only have a small window to get that Super Bowl win. Peyton wants his second ring.

As for Indy fans this game I feel means more than it does to Denver fans. I can't speak for all but I do believe us Colts fans really want the Colts to beat Denver and prove that we are here and ready to compete for the SB for the next 10+ years with Luck as our QB and maybe the Manning talk can stop. This is a huge game. This game is important for Luck's legacy. I really feel that the Colts can win this game and advance to the AFC Championship.

There are a couple issues as always with this game:

One for me is that some Colts fans say they hope Peyton still had a good game. Yes I understand he did so much for this but it is seriously time to move on. We have Luck and I feel that people should realize this and cheer on the Colts. If Manning has a good game as some wish then that really makes the Colts chances of winning slim. As a Colts fan (also a fan of Manning obviously) how could you not wish Peyton has problems throwing the ball and giving the Colts a better chance? Manning legacy is basically already set in stone this game won't matter for him as much as it matters for the Broncos legacy wise. I'm site personally it means a lot to him as it most likely does for Luck. I just don't get how fans still some wouldn't care if Denver won as long as Peyton had good games. They had that chance last year and Peyton/ Den blew it in the SB. It's the Colts/Luck's turn now! Luck is Indy's/Colts QB! Get used to it!

Second I have a friend who's girlfriend is from Denver who just moved here last year. Him and her go back to Denver once and a while and I guess the Denver fan base feels that Peyton is their QB! The feeling that they "borrowed" him is no longer there and they feel that they love him as much if not more than Indy did/does. This of course should make you a little upset as it does me but is as Colts fans shouldn't care anymore. After thinking about I though we have Luck and should give him our full attention until Peyton does retire the give our respect once again. Peyton is Denver's QB now and the Den fans truly believe that, they don't care that he played for the Colts for so many years. I wish the Colts fans would move on from it and feel the same way. Peyton is now playing for the enemy and I'm sure he would love to put Indy's hope of a SB off for a couple more years. Why can't some as Colts fans just forget about it and hope the best for your QB and move on from the Peyton infatuation. It's over. It's time to get serious about the Colts and Andrew Luck.

This game is the biggest yet and plays more of a role for Andrew Lucks legacy than it does for Peyton's. There is more at stake for the Colts! The Colts need this one! Let's be all in for the Colts and Luck and hope Den has a bad game Sunday and Peyton has trouble throwing the football.

"Colts are poised to take the next step"

Go Colts!!!!

I want to see the colts win, but I'm thinking our chances are around 40%. I will be cheering them on as hard as i ever have, but the thing I would hate the most  to see is if the colts lose to the freaking pats again.That in my mind is the worst possible outcome of this season. So if they were to lose I personally would much rather it be to 18 then anybody else..I don't know if that puts me in the "hung up on manning" group or not, but it is what it is. Its weird but I find myself rooting for Baltimore this week and thinking about that game almost as much as i am the colts game, and that's a first for me. I just can't stand the thought of another year listening to all the Brady/Bellicheck  cronies ranting on and on about how amazing they are! I know that if I just concentrate hard enough I can get both my dreams and we will be talking about the championship game in Indy next week! 

:facepalm:  Didn't we have enough of quarterback vs quarterback? It has never been Manning vs Brady or Luck vs Manning. All the QBs play for a team.

I think it will be awesome watching two great quarterbacks rival.  But, it takes the entire team.  We CAN'T drop the ball and everyone needs to be playing to their full potential to win this game.  Let's do it!

As for Indy fans this game I feel means more than it does to Denver fans.

I don't know about that. Manning is coming to the end of his career. Denver fans know what it's like to try to find the next franchise QB. They went from Elway to Brian Griese to Jake Plummer to Jay Cutler to Kyle Orton to Tim Tebow, and 14 years later "Luck'd" into Manning. There was some Patrick Ramsey and Danny Kannel and Steve Beuerlein in there also. They know that this could be it for them for a while.