Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Was it the Packers' D not playing well or was it Matt Ryan's OL on MNF?

chad72

Maybe I am mistaken but I thought Matt Ryan's OL held up real well and he literally flipped the script with Drew Brees for this weekend with QB play and production.

Packers kept playing 1-on-1 with Julio Jones and got burnt and looked like the Packers of a year ago again. I would have to think that if the Patriots play these Packers again, Packers might not win again. 

Easily the Falcon's O-Line's best performance since week 1.

Maybe I am mistaken but I thought Matt Ryan's OL held up real well and he literally flipped the script with Drew Brees for this weekend with QB play and production.

Packers kept playing 1-on-1 with Julio Jones and got burnt and looked like the Packers of a year ago again. I would have to think that if the Patriots play these Packers again, Packers might not win again. 

If they play the Falcons again, they might not win. 

Their defense is suspect at times and not very consistent . It's been a problem for the past few seasons and if it doesn't get fixed , I could see an early round exit yet again . I still think they're the favorites to win the NFC though but I wouldn't be surprised if they have a postseason collapse .

Well if GB was able to beat the Patriots I would think they can beat Seattle  ;)   especially if the Packers get home field advantage. :thmup:

Seattle blew out GB in week one. They match up better defensively vs the Packers than the Pats did. Better Dline to pressure Rodgers.

After witnessing that game, Seattle has to be the favorite in the post-season right now. No way I would bet on them losing to GB.

Something tells me that Julio Jones, if healthy and the Falcons OL, if they play the same way pose matchup issues for the Seahawks who mostly play 1-on-1. However, the issue is, the falcons can't stop Marshawn Lynch (or any other RB for that matter) :).

I kept thinking throughout the second half, "WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS (PACKERS' D) PLAY LIKE THIS LAST WEEK???!!!"

It seems like they just played their butts off against NE. Every week it's about matchups, and some weeks you win more than you lose. I think the Packers' D picked up their game and played up a level against the Patriots. But last night may have been closer to what they really are. 

Green Bay lacks some key components, mainly shutdown-type corners, to be the unchallenged favorite, either for the conference or the Super Bowl. They're a great team, no doubt, but unless Rodgers puts up 40, they can be beat. 

I kept thinking throughout the second half, "WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS (PACKERS' D) PLAY LIKE THIS LAST WEEK???!!!"

It seems like they just played their butts off against NE. Every week it's about matchups, and some weeks you win more than you lose. I think the Packers' D picked up their game and played up a level against the Patriots. But last night may have been closer to what they really are. 

Green Bay lacks some key components, mainly shutdown-type corners, to be the unchallenged favorite, either for the conference or the Super Bowl. They're a great team, no doubt, but unless Rodgers puts up 40, they can be beat. 

Pats always get everyone's A game. I call a game like last night, "Pats hangover." lol. It is a big deal when a team beats the Pats especially the way we were playing heading into GB. Nelson was still talking about beating the Pats in his interview with Gruden prior to the game last night. Teams use the Pats as their measuring stick. And of course with that comes the inevitable let down when you have the Falcons following the Pats game.

One thing I did notice the Packers CBs have issues with is bigger and taller wideouts. Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Megatron and Julio Jones yesterday can all give them issues. They match up well against the little Edelmans of the world but have issues with the Gronk (who doesn't :)). Patriots' 2 TDs went to Lafell and that's not a coincidence.

They didn't play like that because the Pats don't have a Julio Jones.  They have a good passing system, but no superstars with 4.2 to 4.3 speed.

They didn't play like that because the Pats don't have a Julio Jones.  They have a good passing system, but no superstars with 4.2 to 4.3 speed.

Not just coverage, I'm talking about pass rush, etc-etc. 

But Julio was pretty dang good last night. 

Seattle blew out GB in week one. They match up better defensively vs the Packers than the Pats did. Better Dline to pressure Rodgers.

Packers are playing a lot better than week 1 much like the Pats both started out slow but are playing great football now .

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, December 10, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by -JJ-, December 10, 2014 - personal shot

Pats always get everyone's A game. I call a game like last night, "Pats hangover." lol. It is a big deal when a team beats the Pats especially the way we were playing heading into GB. Nelson was still talking about beating the Pats in his interview with Gruden prior to the game last night. Teams use the Pats as their measuring stick. And of course with that comes the inevitable let down when you have the Falcons following the Pats game.

I don't think I have read a more ridiculous post in my 10 years on here.

"hey, we are playing the Bengals this week, I'm not going to play as hard as I can, because they are not the Patriots.....

Take your self-centred drivel away from here before I puke. I'd guess there are less that 1% of active players in the NFL who were playing the game when the Patriots last won a Championship.

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, December 10, 2014 - quoted personal shot post
Hidden by -JJ-, December 10, 2014 - quoted personal shot post

I don't think I have read a more ridiculous post in my 10 years on here.

"hey, we are playing the Bengals this week, I'm not going to play as hard as I can, because they are not the Patriots.....

Take your self-centred drivel away from here before I puke. I'd guess there are less that 1% of active players in the NFL who were playing the game when the Patriots last won a Championship.

More of an emotional let down not an intentional one. Hard I am sure to get all the way up for the lousy Falcons. Bad match up for GB as well with their big receivers.

Packers defense is very suspect imo. Honestly they haven't been tested too much except the New England game....and IMO NE should have pounded the ball with Blount. Take a page from Seattle and just pound the rock with your big line/backs. I really think they got sucked into a Brady vs Rodgers thing there. Who has GB had problems with in the last few years..SF, SEA, NY....teams that pound the rock....keep Rodgers off the field and get after him. NE didn't do either...and if they play him in the SB they will learn from that loss and put a whooping on GB....quote me on that one.