Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Collinsworth

RockThatBlue

"When the quarterback throws the ball and the receiver catches it in the endzone, that's called a touchdown, folks"  -Dan Dierdorf

"When the player is running with the ball and drops it, that's called a fumble, folks"  -Dan Dierdorf

Both those statements sound like vintage John Madden broadcast statements to me too actually. A nice man but more than a few french fries short of a happy meal. 

I'm not saying he's dumb. I'm saying he caters to the "I know nothing about football crowd." There is value in that because not every fan wants to learn the game on a PH.D. level either. 

Both those statements sound like vintage John Madden broadcast statements to me too actually. A nice man but more than a few french fries short of a happy meal.

I'm not saying he's dumb. I'm saying he caters to the "I know nothing about football crowd." There is value in that because not every fan wants to learn the game on a PH.D. level either.

"Probable means that you were probably gonna ask me that. Questionable was what my answer to that question would be & doubtful is whether you'll ever ask me that question again." LOL! Frank Calendo is the best. 

Madden's obsession with Brett Favre was very creepy too in real life as in take an ice cold shower John you know what I mean? Enough said. Thanks Shane you rock! 

These sissy boys don't deserve to call themselves broadcasters nowadays. I want hard, old school broadcasters like my father grew up with. Collinsworth thinks I give a darn about his opinion because he was able to crank out a few mediocre seasons with the Bengals before the USFL told him and his law degree to take a hike? Not a chance. I want a hard drinking old timer talking football on my television set. You know, a guy who you can't tell whether he's rambling because his brain is half scrambled from starting both ways in the mid 50's for a Citrus Bowl winning team his senior year or from playing fullback for 12 seasons when the game was about smashing the ball up the middle 50 times a game. Or maybe he's not making any sense because he has had interns bringing him scotch's every 30 minutes since 11AM. Either way, him and Coach Chuck are the only two people in the game who still know that football is about running the ball and stopping the run. That's the kind of guy I want to hear talking football.

I don't know if I agree or disagree, but I can tell you I love the living snot out of this post. 

I'm with ya he's cringe worthy ! I also couldn't stand Dan Dierdorf , dislike Phil Simms, and Dan Fouts. Don't dislike this guy but man am I glad that Mayock no longer calls Thursday Night games. Cringe Worthy

Oh yeah I know this doesn't count but Skip Brainless makes me want to puke along with Heath Evans and Deion Sanders . This is all