Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dec. 22....home Vs. Houston..get Your Popcorn Ready

oldunclemark

thanks for posting! Enjoyed it a lot.

I've watched it like 7 times in a row. lol, Don't know the guy, but he did great!!! And earlier in the season I had stated I didn't want Manning out there if the season was in shambles, but now, if he wants to play, let him. I can only hope that the rehab continues well, and we get to see him, even if just for a series.

Unc...you're setting yourself up for disappointment dude.

Peyton should take all the time he needs to get right. Peyton's health and future is the primary concern. Nobody freakin cares about 0-16 right now. Life is about more than winning football games. Besides 0-16 is not really a stigma anymore since we wouldn't be the 1st team to endure a season like that. Hopefully Peyton can at least make it back to practice this year and show during the offseason that he is able to lead us on the field again in 2012. But he's not playing this year when his nerves can't really start regenerating until after the bone fusion sets properly which was only just recently confirmed to be the case.

We all just need to continue to exercise a little bit more patience with this situation.

I've watched it like 7 times in a row. lol, Don't know the guy, but he did great!!! And earlier in the season I had stated I didn't want Manning out there if the season was in shambles, but now, if he wants to play, let him. I can only hope that the rehab continues well, and we get to see him, even if just for a series.

+1 for posting link to video. Yeah...that's whats up!

Better days are coming we just have to keep hanging in there.

his nerves can't really start regenerating until after the bone fusion sets properly which was only just recently confirmed to be the case.

I agree with your entire post, but this isn't true. The nerve damage would have been caused by something pressing on it. It can start to heal the second that the pressure is relieved. That pressure would most certainly have been relieved by his most recent surgery, and it would have been more normal for most of the strength to return immediately . Fusion has nothing to do with it.

For all we know the nerve may have been freed up by the earlier surgery, or on it's own. The most recent surgery MAY well have been either in response to the new pain we read about in training camp, or it might have been an act of desperation because he still hadn't gotten his strength back. There is no guarantee that he WILL get his strength back. All we can do is wait and hope.

Recently Nsurg said that: "It is very fair to say that there is a chance the nerve function is adequate, but his current fatigue is from disuse atrophy (which can be rehabbed, of course)."

That is something better to hang you hat on. I would suggest reading more of nsurg's posts in this forum if you want an education on the topic. It's been very nice to have a friendly Neurosurgeon "on staff" this particular season. :smile:

I agree with your entire post, but this isn't true. The nerve damage would have been caused by something pressing on it. It can start to heal the second that the pressure is relieved. That pressure would most certainly have been relieved by his most recent surgery, and it would have been more normal for most of the strength to return immediately . Fusion has nothing to do with it.

For all we know the nerve may have been freed up by the earlier surgery, or on it's own. The most recent surgery MAY well have been either in response to the new pain we read about in training camp, or it might have been an act of desperation because he still hadn't gotten his strength back. There is no guarantee that he WILL get his strength back. All we can do is wait and hope.

Recently Nsurg said that: "It is very fair to say that there is a chance the nerve function is adequate, but his current fatigue is from disuse atrophy (which can be rehabbed, of course)."

That is something better to hang you hat on. I would suggest reading more of nsurg's posts in this forum if you want an education on the topic. It's been very nice to have a friendly Neurosurgeon "on staff" this particular season. :smile:

Thanks MAC for the insight. I will read up on some of Nsurg's stuff. :smile:

against the number one defense and a team who might very well be trying to lock up the south or a playoff seed I highly doubt it. I think it's questionable at best Manning practices this year let alone plays. If he does the Colts might send him out for the Jags game just to get him a game in there to give us something to build on.

participating in practice n playing in a game are two different things. In a game he could get hit n hit hard. After listening to peyton it seems there is still a while till he plays again. That houston game is just too soon. Peyton hasnt been cleared to even throw a football yet.

He has been cleared to throw the football. Infact, that is what he said he is going to start doing more often now. He even said he has already thrown it around a few times.

Look, heres the deal.

if the docs clear Peyton and say, hey.. your 100% healed. No greater risk playing than in years past. Id say give the man the reins and let him giddy those ponies up! Carry the momentum into next year.

if the docs say, peyton your 80-90%.. id say hold off. Wait till next season, but give him some first team reps all week until seasons end. It could only help.

Ive racked my brain since September wondering what may happen, what the odds of recovery werw, what the colts team would be like, ect. I guess i think like Peyton in this respect. Why dwell on the unknown future. He is recovering. The draft is way off. Wait see how he progresses with practice. Speculation is just that. Speculation. Not fact. None of us know whats going to happen. Heck maybe Luck wont even enter the draft. Technically he could play another year of college ball.

As far as i am concerned, Peyton Manning is still our quarter back and will be till the day he retires. Whenever that may be. Hes not on IR, good sign if you ask me.

So, Peyton.. I look forward to seeing some play action fakes and a deep ball to Reggie soon.

Look, heres the deal.

if the docs clear Peyton and say, hey.. your 100% healed. No greater risk playing than in years past. Id say give the man the reins and let him giddy those ponies up! Carry the momentum into next year.

if the docs say, peyton your 80-90%.. id say hold off. Wait till next season, but give him some first team reps all week until seasons end. It could only help.

Ive racked my brain since September wondering what may happen, what the odds of recovery werw, what the colts team would be like, ect. I guess i think like Peyton in this respect. Why dwell on the unknown future. He is recovering. The draft is way off. Wait see how he progresses with practice. Speculation is just that. Speculation. Not fact. None of us know whats going to happen. Heck maybe Luck wont even enter the draft. Technically he could play another year of college ball.

As far as i am concerned, Peyton Manning is still our quarter back and will be till the day he retires. Whenever that may be. Hes not on IR, good sign if you ask me.

So, Peyton.. I look forward to seeing some play action fakes and a deep ball to Reggie soon.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

If the colts will not play manning to carry the momentum into the playoffs they sure as heck are not going to send him out there to play at the end of this season. As a matter of fact if you see Peyton Manning on the field this year you should get ready for Andrew Luck, because the only reason they would play him is to showcase him to trade him this offseason.