Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

starting O

pavemento

here is what i would like to see as the starting O for the colts this year

OL:Castonzo,McClenton, Saturday,Jaimie Thomas and Ijalana---C Johson the top backup for all positions except C

WR: Garcon, Wayne, Collie in slot when going to 3 wr set

TE: Clark and Eldridge in 2 te sets

RB: Addai we do need to sign him with Delone short yardage and Brown change of pace

QB: #18

my big changes were in the O line. I just don't have confidence in diem whom i think should be let go and pollak and devan or good backups but no more. PM needs more time to throw and the runners need to have some holes to run through. although we had some good games rushing last year it was only because the D was set to stop the pass. in reality those games should have had more rushing yards in them.

thoughts and opinions please

I think that the other positons are obvious but the Oline like you said is going to be tricky

LT: Castonzo ( will be harder after the lockout but he is NFL ready with a training camp under him)

LG: Jacques Mcclendon ( Polian said he sees the guy in a starting position this year and the man has got talent)

C: Saturday (at least one more year)

RG: Ijalana (With a shorent offseason he is not ready JUST yet, he will be though midway through the season)

RT: CJ (Consistent and tough OL player, verstaile and we can prob sign him for less then Diem's current contract worth)

Diem SHOULD be cut IMHO but becasue of the lockout there is a good chance we keep him and his ludcrious contract for his play

I also think Diem should be cut. I'm not sold on that Peyton-whatever guy at QB, I'm expecting an open competition for the starting QB spot between Painter and Manning, Painter's youth gives him the early advantage...

manning's old, overrated, and had an carrer high in interceptions... (not really)

cut him

OL:Castonzo,McClenton, Saturday,Jaimie Thomas and Ijalana---C Johson the top backup for all positions except C

RB: Addai we do need to sign him with Delone short yardage and Brown change of pace

my big changes were in the O line. I just don't have confidence in diem whom i think should be let go and pollak and devan or good backups but no more. PM needs more time to throw and the runners need to have some holes to run through. although we had some good games rushing last year it was only because the D was set to stop the pass. in reality those games should have had more rushing yards in them.

You're one of the few who like Jamie Thomas as much as I do. He's a powerful man. I was truly shocked when he wasn't moved into the starting lineup last year. I watched every snap of last years preseason in slo-mo, position by position and he was the best guard of the group in my eyes. I can't figure it out!

I also agree that Gonzo needs to earn a spot in the rotation over the course of a full season. Finally, I'd be irked if JA got tossed after spending the last 3 years running behind crap.

You're one of the few who like Jamie Thomas as much as I do. He's a powerful man. I was truly shocked when he wasn't moved into the starting lineup last year. I watched every snap of last years preseason in slo-mo, position by position and he was the best guard of the group in my eyes. I can't figure it out!

I also agree that Gonzo needs to earn a spot in the rotation over the course of a full season. Finally, I'd be irked if JA got tossed after spending the last 3 years running behind crap.

yes i would really like to see those two at the G position. in the near future i think that McClento also plays C so C johnson could play RT and put Injama at G with Thomas this would have some size power and skilled players at the position.

I think that the other positons are obvious but the Oline like you said is going to be tricky

LT: Castonzo ( will be harder after the lockout but he is NFL ready with a training camp under him)

LG: Jacques Mcclendon ( Polian said he sees the guy in a starting position this year and the man has got talent)

C: Saturday (at least one more year)

RG: Ijalana (With a shorent offseason he is not ready JUST yet, he will be though midway through the season)

RT: CJ (Consistent and tough OL player, verstaile and we can prob sign him for less then Diem's current contract worth)

Diem SHOULD be cut IMHO but becasue of the lockout there is a good chance we keep him and his ludcrious contract for his play

I agree on all counts. I think DIem still might have something to offer, but we need to free up money and he makes too much. But who knows how ready the rookies will be. Luckily Costonzo should be a fast learner. This may be unpopular (where's Cofeedrinker when I need him) but I don't think we have seen the last of Pollock. Weather it be at guard while Ijilana gets up to speed or net year at center. Unfortunatly I think we need to let the line be bad ( We've seen that before) before it gets good. There will be so many new and young faces that it will take a little while to get their continuity. Once they do, however, I think this could be the best Colts line we have seen in a long time.

PS I like the new forum! My only complaint is there doesn't seem to be a spell check which a guy like me really needs!

I agree on all counts. I think DIem still might have something to offer, but we need to free up money and he makes too much. But who knows how ready the rookies will be. Luckily Costonzo should be a fast learner. This may be unpopular (where's Cofeedrinker when I need him) but I don't think we have seen the last of Pollock. Weather it be at guard while Ijilana gets up to speed or net year at center. Unfortunatly I think we need to let the line be bad ( We've seen that before) before it gets good. There will be so many new and young faces that it will take a little while to get their continuity. Once they do, however, I think this could be the best Colts line we have seen in a long time.

PS I like the new forum! My only complaint is there doesn't seem to be a spell check which a guy like me really needs!

Come on, what age are you. You shouldn't be allowed on a computer, never mind joining a forum if you need a Spel Cheker.

Geez.

Hn...when you think about it, we actually have a decent number of options on the O-line. I'm going to go with:

LT - Castonzo

LG - I want to see how Jaimie Thomas would do here, Pollak too (I think he played mostly RG), and Ijalana as well. DeVan was also decent at this spot if I remember right.

C - Saturday with Jamey Richard as backup (Richard did pretty well filling in for Saturday a few years ago)

RG - McClendon

RT - I want to see an open competition between Linkenbach, Diem and Ijalana. Link did pretty well when he played RT, but not so much at LT

Then for backups we will still have CJ, Richard, either Link/Ijalana (I think should Diem get cut or should at the very least restructure if he gets out performed in training camp), and 2 of Pollak/Thomas/DeVan

Diem will prob be the starter until mid season, Not sure where they will put Ijalana inside or outside but either way this is Diems final run

Come on, what age are you. You shouldn't be allowed on a computer, never mind joining a forum if you need a Spel Cheker.

Geez.

I think his/her location might have something to do with it:

addis ababa ethiopia

I sometimes use the spell checker myself. I don't know why but the word definately always messes me up. :)

Agred I like Thomas & watch all the pre-season games as well. Thomas is a very good run blocker maybe our best his weakness is pass blocking, but you would think he might get a chance to show his stuff, but he didn't even sniff the field. I posted this early a friend of mine is a close friend of Kyle DeVan. He has just bought a new home in or around INDY. He pretty sure he will be back. I also feel Addai will be back. I am NOT A BIG FAN of McClendon in the little he played last year he was horrible. I guess we will see but I am not counting on him & find it interesting that some feel he would be an upgrade? HUM Based on last year Diem should get cut, but he has had MANY solid years & he is a warrior. It will defiantly be an interesting battle & probably a blood bath between them all. The Strike probably plays in Diem's favor. I envision a line like this.

LT Costanzo Link

LG DeVan Thomas

C Sataruday McClendon

RG Pollack New Kid from Villnova

RT CJ if signed or Diem LINK & New Kid

• 3 weeks later...

Agred I like Thomas & watch all the pre-season games as well. Thomas is a very good run blocker maybe our best his weakness is pass blocking, but you would think he might get a chance to show his stuff, but he didn't even sniff the field. I posted this early a friend of mine is a close friend of Kyle DeVan. He has just bought a new home in or around INDY. He pretty sure he will be back. I also feel Addai will be back. I am NOT A BIG FAN of McClendon in the little he played last year he was horrible. I guess we will see but I am not counting on him & find it interesting that some feel he would be an upgrade? HUM Based on last year Diem should get cut, but he has had MANY solid years & he is a warrior. It will defiantly be an interesting battle & probably a blood bath between them all. The Strike probably plays in Diem's favor. I envision a line like this.

LT Costanzo Link

LG DeVan Thomas

C Sataruday McClendon

RG Pollack New Kid from Villnova

RT CJ if signed or Diem LINK & New Kid

Your friend doesn't know DeVan at all because that is completely incorrect. He has not and is not planning on buying a house.

I agree on all counts. I think DIem still might have something to offer, but we need to free up money and he makes too much. But who knows how ready the rookies will be.

This is the only logical explanation I've read for Diem not to be the starting RT. There was a noticeable but not huge drop off with Link at RT in the playoff game. And football is a business so the question needs to be asked... is Diem $8 million dollars better than the possible back-ups CJ(no), Reitz(don't know), Link (close) Ijalana (don't know). As much as I like Diem the answer is no. I don't think CJ is strong enough to be as good a run blocker at the RT position as Diem but he is better in pass protection and good enough at run blocking.

Luckily Costonzo should be a fast learner. This may be unpopular (where's Cofeedrinker when I need him) but I don't think we have seen the last of Pollock.
Everything I've read about AC is good, the only thing I question is his strength, you can make up for lack of strength in college by being a superb technician. In the NFL it takes a couple three years to become a good enough technician to make up for lack of strength. the RG spot is Pollack's to lose.
Weather it be at guard while Ijilana gets up to speed or net year at center. Unfortunately I think we need to let the line be bad ( We've seen that before) before it gets good. There will be so many new and young faces that it will take a little while to get their continuity. Once they do, however, I think this could be the best Colts line we have seen in a long time.
In order for that to happen the Colts need to settle on a line and leave it through good and bad all year.

If you use Mozilla Firefox you can set it up to check your spelling as you type. Goto Tools-->Options then click the Advance tab. In the middle of the window is a section called browsing, the very last check box item is "Check my spelling as I type". If you misspell a word, the browser underlines it and then if you right click on the work it will provide a menu of the correct spelling. I don't know if there is a way to do it with Internet Explorer.