Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thought I'd lose interest in the Colts after Peyton left...

buffalo34

It's taken a while for me personally, but I've at this point warmed up pretty good to Andrew Luck (I have been in a wait-and-see mode since he started playing in the NFL). Watching this Colts team is fun again (and it's amazing how fast they recovered from 2011), and while I don't follow the Colts as vigorously as I did when Peyton was in town, I do enjoy watching them whenever I get the chance, like tonight.

Favorite player on the team though has to be Hilton. Man is he a beast. I for the most part keep him on my bench but the guy is money for me whenever I have to start him (due to bye weeks and injuries). Has a huge game for me tonight and I'll never forget when he had that huge 3 TD game vs the Texans last year that helped me defeat my opponent at the last second.

Still don't know what to think about the Texans. Their first two wins were against lackluster opponents, and then beat the Bills who had a completely inept offense. While I think they can keep games interesting and not get blown out, I don't think they'll have what it takes to get over the top this year. Largely because of Fitz under center

It's taken a while for me personally, but I've at this point warmed up pretty good to Andrew Luck (I have been in a wait-and-see mode since he started playing in the NFL). Watching this Colts team is fun again (and it's amazing how fast they recovered from 2011), and while I don't follow the Colts as vigorously as I did when Peyton was in town, I do enjoy watching them whenever I get the chance, like tonight.

Favorite player on the team though has to be Hilton. Man is he a beast. I for the most part keep him on my bench but the guy is money for me whenever I have to start him (due to bye weeks and injuries). Has a huge game for me tonight and I'll never forget when he had that huge 3 TD game vs the Texans last year that helped me defeat my opponent at the last second.

Still don't know what to think about the Texans. Their first two wins were against lackluster opponents, and then beat the Bills who had a completely inept offense. While I think they can keep games interesting and not get blown out, I don't think they'll have what it takes to get over the top this year. Largely because of Fitz under center

I think they are a good quarterback away from being a scary team. Would love to see Buffalo win the division this year. Can't stand Miami or NE, although I did like Dan Marino a lot.

I was obviously a baby during the Marino years, so I can't say I've ever experienced the height of the Bills-Dolphins rivalry (that and the entire 70s and 80s). Obviously it feels good to beat them but it's hard to get that passion and hatred against them when both teams have been below average for the past decade and neither team has been playing for much of anything.

Because of how the AFC East has panned out the last few years, 98% of my division hatred has gone to the Patriots and Jets. Still think the Jets losing to the Chargers 31-0 this past weekend was hilarious.

I was obviously a baby during the Marino years, so I can't say I've ever experienced the height of the Bills-Dolphins rivalry (that and the entire 70s and 80s). Obviously it feels good to beat them but it's hard to get that passion and hatred against them when both teams have been below average for the past decade and neither team has been playing for much of anything.

Because of how the AFC East has panned out the last few years, 98% of my division hatred has gone to the Patriots and Jets. Still think the Jets losing to the Chargers 31-0 this past weekend was hilarious.

Buffalo is my darkhorse this year speaking of being a qb away. I hope Manuel can be that guy... but at least we know the team is staying put.

Not being a fan of this team has never crossed my mind. Not even when we sucked back in the early 90's because there were always reason to cheer. The last 20, or so years have been very kind to our beloved franchise.

They were losing way before the 90's to.  Thats why Peyton was so special.  He could take a team that wasnt very good and make it a playoff team.  He made this franchise.  As long as Peyton is playing I will want him to win a SB.   He's a once in a life time athlete.

To me, the icing on the cake would be to take down the Patriots early enough in Luck's career in the regular season and the playoffs, which would be NOW.

I think we have a defense that can get to Brady and we might finally have the offense too that can go toe-to-toe. It took Peyton about 6 years to get that done. I think Luck does it in year 3. Luck and the team has constantly exceeded expectations and I would not be the least surprised if this team went all the way and won the Lombardi too. This team believes it can play with the best and everything starts with that belief. Can you tell I am a believer? :)