Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How do you think the AFC seedings will shape up?

chad72

I think the Colts having the Patriots and Bengals at home is a HUGE advantage, much like the Chargers have the Seahawks and Patriots at home.

I am thinking the Colts will end up at #2 seed at worst and #1 at best. I feel the Broncos lose at Patriots and at Chargers to go 13-3 and the Colts go 13-3 as well with the tie-breaker going to the Broncos. Patriots lose at the Chargers and Colts on the road to finish 12-4.

Broncos #1 (13-3)

Colts #2 (13-3)

Patriots #3 (12-4)

Bengals #4 (12-4)

Chargers #5 (12-4)

Ravens #6 (10-6)

Thoughts???

I like it, but the colts going 10-1 the rest of the way is gonna be very tough. Games against the Pats, Giants, Bengals, cowboys and houston twice is tough. The steelers and browns are not gimmes either

True. However, if we get the tie-breaker wins vs the Pats and Bengals, I can see us going 9-2 at worst. Those 2 games at home will be our biggest games remaining for AFC seeding. I do feel the Pats will end up with 4 losses and so will the Bengals, so having the tie-breaker against those will help big time.

Yeah if there is anything NFL fans should have learned by 5 weeks into this season is that the separation of talent between teams (especially in the AFC) isn't what it used to be, just as there are no more undefeated teams, I expect more 'stunning' upsets like we saw with the Pats last week...

nice thing is this is good for a 3-2 Colts team continuously playing better football...

just don't peak too early Colts...

Could happen.   I personally don't see the Chargers losing 4.

There is still a Lot of Season ahead of us, but I do agree with the 6 teams you have in the "mix", just not sure of the order at this point.

Their last 5 games are at Baltimore who will be playing for a seeding then and are a physical team that have given Rivers issues in the past. Then, they play at home vs the Patriots and then home vs Denver, then play at the 49ers who will be looking to compete for the NFC West in game 15 and then at Kansas City in arrowhead, which is not an easy place to play.

At Baltimore, NE at home, Broncos at home, At 49ers, At KC Chiefs - those are the last 5 games for the Chargers. Broncos' schedule is front loaded in the first 9-10 games. The Chargers' schedule is heavily back loaded.

I am thinking 2 losses in that stretch is not a stretch. 2 losses prior to that is not a stretch either and is most likely when they play at the Broncos on a short week and this time, the Broncos will be out for revenge because they lost the short week home game last year later in the season.

The only thing I know from this season is that I don't know.  The Giants looked to be competing for the #1 pick in the first 2 weeks and now look like playoff contenders.  The Patriots were done, Tom Brady's going to ask to be traded, etc all last week and then they go out last night and destroy the last undefeated team left.  On the flip side of that game, the Bengals are the most balanced team in the AFC, they're finally turning the corner and Super Bowl contenders going into last night and now it looks like they're still the Bengals.  I think it's a safe bet that the Colts win the South.  Outside of that in the AFC I have no idea.  I think the Bills have a chance to challenge the Pats with Orton at QB and that defense.  I'm pretty certain that the 2 wild cards will come from the West and the North, but I couldn't tell you which teams that will be.  Seeding?  Even less clue.  This season has been crazy to watch so far and I look forward to watching the rest of it.

I think it is way too early to make a list. Too many different things come into the picture. Injuries, bad ref calls and turnovers play a huge part in how things shake out.

I agree. The officiating this season is making the game hard to watch at times and we all know big injuries are coming.

I think any of the predictions here could be the end up.  I would put the Chargers anywhere from 11-5 to 13-3, but I literally can't even think that far down the road.  We have a terribly tough last 5 weeks.  Historically, when we're hanging by a thread, we have come through in those circumstances - but if we have a lead I don't want us to get too comfortable and find we miss out (can you tell I'm a LLLOOONNNNGGGG time Charger's fan?!)

1. Broncos: 14-2 (no worse than 13-3)

2. Colts 11-5

3. Bengals 11-5

4. Patriots 10-6

5. Chargers 11-5

6. Chiefs 9-7 (I thought might barely 5 win games earlier, but I overreacted from week 1. They're still a good team.)

Houston could also challenge, but Fitzpatrick worries me.

I don't think the Patriots lose more than 4, I just don't see it. Plus, I feel another AFC North team makes the wild card and not 2 AFC West teams, the Chiefs had a cushy schedule where they beat up on easier teams last year like the AFC South folks other than the Colts (that they lost to) plus the lousy Giants, Redskins, Raiders, Browns and Bills last year. This year, it won't be easy for them with both the Broncos and Chargers being better, IMO and playing the NFC West where outside the Rams, I don't see them going 4-0 vs the NFC like they did last year, that will be the main difference.

It could very well end up as three 12-4 teams with the Broncos, Colts, Patriots and all their head-to-head meetings deciding the seedings. If I am an AFC team, I'd like to avoid the #4 seed where I will play the Broncos or Chargers first.

I don't think the Patriots lose more than 4, I just don't see it. Plus, I feel another AFC North team makes the wild card and not 2 AFC West teams, the Chiefs had a cushy schedule where they beat up on easier teams last year like the AFC South folks other than the Colts (that they lost to) plus the lousy Giants, Redskins, Raiders, Browns and Bills last year. This year, it won't be easy for them with both the Broncos and Chargers being better, IMO and playing the NFC West where outside the Rams, I don't see them going 4-0 vs the NFC like they did last year, that will be the main difference.

It could very well end up as three 12-4 teams with the Broncos, Colts, Patriots and all their head-to-head meetings deciding the seedings. If I am an AFC team, I'd like to avoid the #4 seed where I will play the Broncos or Chargers first.

Chiefs only have 5 potential losses imo. Broncos, chargers twice, arizona, and seattle. I could see them winning one of them and get to 9 wins. Ravens are the only other good team in the afc, but I think they'll fall just short because of their "elite qb."

I don't think the pats are that good on offense. Brady can't throw deep at all on the outside. Even last week, all he did was fake play action from shotgun and throw it to a wide open tight end down the middle. Eventually teams should start to realize that they need to fill up the middle with defenders and make brady and his WRs beat them on the outside. I am a fan of that defense, but I still see them with tough games vs us, the broncos, packers, lions, bears, chargers, and their division could give them a challenge on the road.