Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nicks Not Lacking In Confidence

dw49

I've got no problem with his attitude of view point, even if it's not true.    At least he couched his abilities in terms of "the team".... 

He didn't complain about not getting more catches and more yards,  which many WR's do.    He's not acting like a diva.

Honestly, I'm hoping this is a week where we see Nicks more heavily involved with the offense.

He's a weapon.   Let's be sure to use him.   The more we use him successfully,   the more the other weapons can be used effectively as well.

I could take this a couple different ways.....But I wont....Ill just say...Good for him.

Perhaps, ""I still view myself as the best receiver in the league," borders on supreme over the top mojo Gavin, but I like some arrogance in my WRs.  Has Nick's proven his elite status here in Indy?

No, but Luck also leans too much on Wayne to bail him out of tough 3rd & long situations. JMO. Not a criticism just an observation. 

Perhaps, ""I still view myself as the best receiver in the league," borders on supreme over the top mojo Gavin, but I like some arrogance in my WRs. Has Nick's proven his elite status here in Indy?

No, but Luck also leans too much on Wayne to bail him out of tough 3rd & long situations. JMO. Not a criticism just an observation.

I agree. I feel like Luck will most of the time look for Hilton and Wayne as his top options, even not on 3rd down. Its hard for Nicks to get the ball, with tons if other options.

Honestly I'm kinda surprised most fans are disappointed in Nicks over Richardson or Werner. With a 1 year contract and being only the 3rd option, I don't see this going any worse than Heyward-Bey!

I've got no problem with his attitude of view point, even if it's not true.    At least he couched his abilities in terms of "the team".... 

He didn't complain about not getting more catches and more yards,  which many WR's do.    He's not acting like a diva.

Honestly, I'm hoping this is a week where we see Nicks more heavily involved with the offense.

He's a weapon.   Let's be sure to use him.   The more we use him successfully,   the more the other weapons can be used effectively as well.

Bingo NCF! Nick's involvement opens our TE's up & takes pressure off a Wayne a little bit which opens up Bradshaw & the running game. Throw to run not vice versa. We need to cater to our strengths: The ariel attack. Keep TR in on blitz pick up. He's good at that. Running is hit or miss for him. Mostly miss, but he can block very well. 

I agree. I feel like Luck will most of the time look for Hilton and Wayne as his top options, even not on 3rd down. Its hard for Nicks to get the ball, with tons if other options.

Honestly I'm kinda surprised most fans are disappointed in Nicks over Richardson or Werner. With a 1 year contract and being only the 3rd option, I don't see this going any worse than Heyward-Bey!

I accept the fact that INDY's pass rush will suck on Sunday though I do respect Walden & Freeman. Therefore, to keep up with Steve Smith SR. & Torrey Smith we are going to need to keep this game close scoreboard wise meaning utilizing Allen & Nicks more than ever before. I have no problems with Fleener. I just want to start alternating which TE's & WR's get the ball in critical situations. I wanna confuse Baltimore's DC or at least keep him guessing all game long. 

LOL! Yeah, god bless that DHB is Pittsburgh's problem now not ours anymore SZ.  :thmup:

He proved in the pre-season against the Giants that he could still ball when called upon. I expect him to have one or two games where he has a big day. He's just stuck in a numbers game right now. Can't afford to take Reggie or TY off the field ever and we have a lot of success with the two TE sets.

Perhaps, ""I still view myself as the best receiver in the league," borders on supreme over the top mojo Gavin, but I like some arrogance in my WRs.  Has Nick's proven his elite status here in Indy?

I don't know 2 catches on 6 targets for 12 yards kind of speaks for itself.  Reggie only had 2 more targets he just caught 7 for 112 and a td.

I agree Luck locks in on Reggie at times but I bet if we looked TY would lead the team in targets and he should in my opinion.

I also would agree that Nicks expected to be a bigger part of the offense and to his credit we haven't' heard throw me the dang ball. It isn't like we are off to a 4-0 start but it is just 4 games hopefully the chemistry improves along with the record.