Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day 09/12 "RE: REad & REact"

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   Well - the Ray Rice situation has become the latest public relations nightmare for the National Football League - and - rightly so.

First - Roger Goodell fumbles the initial NFL reaction with a "wink-wink" lame punishment which is roundly criticized nationwide - and - rightly so.

Next - TMZ releases the damning "elevator tape" evidence.  Roger Goodell addresses the public release  (over 24 hours later) of the tape by claiming that the NFL - with it's extensive security department & resources - was unable to review said tape that a "gossip site" IS able to access.

A reliable source indicates that an NFL executive WAS SENT a copy of the video - in APRIL !!

Possibly the most head-scratching moment of the week comes when now-wife Janay Rice criticizes the MEDIA for causing a nightmarish situation for her family.  SERIOUSLY ?????

Owners are upset - and - demanding accountability from the league office.

Women's organizations are roundly criticizing the leagues handing of the entire matter.

Sponsors are monitoring the situation closely.

Doing damage control - post-screw up - the NFL has employed the services of a former FBI executive to do a complete investigation.

All that being said - do you think this latest faux pas by Commissioner Roger Goodell will cost him his job ??

Where is the accountability to the Baltimore justice system? You know they saw the video. How is that the police/justice system are being ignored....and the NFL commissioner is being viewed as not having done his job?

So even if a policeman has video proof, they still need the victim to bring charges?

No, I do not.

I'd love to ask that high ranking official at N.O.W. If an employee in her organization glossed over a vital piece of evidence that compromised their fundraising efforts for example & brought some backlash & scrutiny at her doorstep would she willingly comply by handing in her own resignation too? Of course not. 

:blueshoe:   I agree that Commissioner Roger Goodell's leadership qualities are definately in the crosshairs.  Whether or not he loses his job remains to be seen. 

I DO think the NFL owners need to step up in a BIG way during this investigation and hold Goodell accountable IF there is actually wrong doing in the front office - in the same way Goodell does of NFL players & other employees.  After all - there shouldn't be a "double standard" just because he is the Commish.

I also agree that I am really wondering about the NEW JERSEY investigation (incident happened in Atlantic City) in to domestic battery and/or assault.  You can BET that the authorities there DID have access to the elevator video.  :blueshoe: 

:blueshoe:   I agree that Commissioner Roger Goodell's leadership qualities are definately in the crosshairs.  Whether or not he loses his job remains to be seen. 

I DO think the NFL owners need to step up in a BIG way during this investigation and hold Goodell accountable IF there is actually wrong doing in the front office - in the same way Goodell does of NFL players & other employees.  After all - there shouldn't be a "double standard" just because he is the Commish.

I also agree that I am really wondering about the NEW JERSEY investigation (incident happened in Atlantic City) in to domestic battery and/or assault.  You can BET that the authorities there DID have access to the elevator video.  :blueshoe: 

Roger Goodell is paid by 32 NFL owners to do 2 things: Broaden the league's popularity worldwide & make millions. He's done that. The owners are not giving him the boot. I hate to pop your bubble there. It's 1 thing to think Roger ignored or watered down video tape evidence. It's another thing to prove it. Goodell will still be the commissioner next year. I'm 90% sure of that right now. 

What double standard for the commissioner exactly? Did he hit a woman in an elevator? No. Also, it bothers me when the President of NOW brings up the history of repeat offenders. How is that relevant to this 1 case concerning Ray Rice, his wife, & the discipline handed down by Goodell exactly? Stay focused on this 1 case NOW President please. Roger Goodell is not singlehandedly responsible for all cases of domestic violence since she was named president of that organization. JMO.