Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

lesean mccoy the cheapskate?

CR91

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you didn't read your own article....

McCoy was there with 4 other people.    A total of 5.

5 people and a bill for $60 is easy.    Happens every day at many upscale burger joints.     Seriously,  not kidding.

Perhaps not in Indiana.....     but in big cities on the coast where the cost of living is high,  this is common.     Really.

5 people and a bill for $60 is easy.    Happens every day at many upscale burger joints.     Seriously,  not kidding.

Perhaps not in Indiana.....     but in big cities on the coast where the cost of living is high,  this is common.     Really.

Four people, a meal tab coming to $60.00. Seems pretty reasonable to me. As far as the tip is concerned? Maybe the service or the meal was that bad?

im not much of a burger person, but ive never spent more then 20 bucks and I have a somewhat big family. it basically means everyone bought something around 12 bucks per person. what burger joint has 12 buck meals

Maybe, maybe not. Don't know what happened. Wasn't there.

he posted a.picture of his receipt. Someone did that last year showing a 300 dollar tip Peyton left. That server lost their job over it. In this instance disparaging remarks were made. I would bet that server gets fired. He made these claims then says he is a Ravens fan. So Philly die hards will probably boycott the place. Not good PR for the restaurant

im not much of a burger person, but ive never spent more then 20 bucks and I have a somewhat big family

I've spent more than I am willing to reveal on a burger prepared at a famous gourmet restaurant. Let's just say it was more than $60.00. While I would not do that regularly, it was worth it in this case as a one time thing.

he posted a.picture of his receipt. Someone did that last year showing a 300 dollar tip Peyton left. That server lost their job over it. In this instance disparaging remarks were made. I would bet that server gets fired. He made these claims then says he is a Ravens fan. So Philly die hards will probably boycott the place. Not good PR for the restaurant

Ok, I didn't look at it from that angle.

I read that Rush Limbaugh on more than one occasion has left a tip of $5,000.00.

im not much of a burger person, but ive never spent more then 20 bucks and I have a somewhat big family. it basically means everyone bought something around 12 bucks per person. what burger joint has 12 buck meals

Here in So. Cal where I live,  most everything that's better than fast food,  is right around that price for a burger, fries and a drink....

I've even spent more than $12.    I'm not happy about it and don't spend that kind of money very often....   but in So. Cal,  it's not hard to do........

Go to a Red Robin, it is very easy to for 4 or 5 people to spend $60 on a meal.

If the story is true, McCoy is a jerk. If you are not willing to give at least a 10%-15% tip then go to a fast food restaurant where you are not expected to tip. In most restaurants, non-fast food, the wait staff only make $2.13/hour and have to report 10% of their sales to the IRS. So if you tip less than 10% you are essentially forcing the waiter to pay for part of your meal.

I'm not assuming anything. If I was, I'd assume there's a reason he left an insulting tip.

What was I thinking making the assumption this was a smear article? They mentioned McCoy (which the server knew by face) was rude and left $.20 tip. I should have inferred, like you, the article was an indictment on poor service in the food industry.

Still very common in Indiana NCF at the hotel eateries and the upscale restaurants.

I would never get a burger at an upscale restaurant myself though.  :)

If the story is true, McCoy is a jerk. If you are not willing to give at least a 10%-15% tip then go to a fast food restaurant where you are not expected to tip.

Does it change your view if the server was rude and offered poor service, or the food was awful?

On another note, no one and I mean no one other than cheapskates leave as little as a 10 to 15% tip any more. 20% is the norm now unless something was wrong.

I would never get a burger at an upscale restaurant myself though.  :)

I ordered a burger prepared by a famous chef in a gourmet restaurant once and it was absolutely the greatest burger I ever ate. It was expensive, but I did not know a burger could be that good. It was one of the best meals I've ever had. I won't pay that again, but I'm glad I did it once.

You wouldn't believe how fantastic that burger was. But then again, it wasn't just a slab of ground chuck and a slice of tomato slapped on a toasted bun.

Does it change your view if the server was rude and offered poor service, or the food was awful?

On another note, no one and I mean no one other than cheapskates leave as little as a 10 to 15% tip any more. 20% is the norm now unless something was wrong.

Yes it would change my view, but as I stated " if the story is true"..... I agree with your second point, when I go into a restaurant I generally tip ~20%.

I ordered a burger prepared by a famous chef in a gourmet restaurant once and it was absolutely the greatest burger I ever ate. It was expensive, but I did not know a burger could be that good. It was one of the best meals I've ever had. I won't pay that again, but I'm glad I did it once.

You wouldn't believe how fantastic that burger was. But then again, it wasn't just a slab of ground chuck and a slice of tomato slapped on a toasted bun.

It is awesome when a real chef shows their magic isn't it  :thmup:

Go to a Red Robin, it is very easy to for 4 or 5 people to spend $60 on a meal.

If the story is true, McCoy is a jerk. If you are not willing to give at least a 10%-15% tip then go to a fast food restaurant where you are not expected to tip. In most restaurants, non-fast food, the wait staff only make $2.13/hour and have to report 10% of their sales to the IRS. So if you tip less than 10% you are essentially forcing the waiter to pay for part of your meal.

Not in all states, in some states servers make min. wage plus tips, just saying...

Not in the states I have lived in, but that would also make a difference. Do you know which one's? I guess I could try a search to find out.

I think here in CA server's make $9 before tips...

That's why I get a bit salty when I am starting to see as much as 20% or more suggested gratuity being added to bills, & I am not even talking about upscale restaurants...

I am turning into Mr. Pink...

You easily spend that much ordering burgers at a dump like chili's anywhere in the country

What one isn't besides McDonalds and Burger King that is any good ?

They all make at least minimum wage here. Most often more than minimum wage.

In Indiana they make 2.13 before tips and that pretty well goes to paying taxes on the tips many times there weekly check in for nothing . My sister is server while in college but she makes 200 every night in tips at least so it evens out .

I think here in CA server's make $9 before tips...

That's why I get a bit salty when I am starting to see as much as 20% or more suggested gratuity being added to bills, & I am not even talking about upscale restaurants...

I am turning into Mr. Pink...

Wow, $9 plus tips. If I knew that I would probably adjust my tip, but I would still probably tip 10% - 15%.

Getting back to the issue at hand.....   the terrible tip.

I've had terrible service.     We've all had terrible service.     That happens.

But, a 20 cent tip?     I've never pulled that stunt.

I think LeSean is going to regret that.    At least,  I hope he does.

Prediction:   LeSean is going to claim the service was terrible.    I mean,  what else can he say to defend himself?