Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here!

Which defense to start/pick up:

Chargers (my current defense) vs. KC (next 4 games: @ Denver, @ Miami, vs. Oakland, vs. St. Louis)

Colts vs. Cincy (next 4 games: @ Pittsburgh, @ New York Giants, vs. New England, vs. Jacksonville)

Cincy @ Indy (next 4 games: vs. Ravens, vs. Jaguars, vs. Browns, @ Saints)

I can stream a defense (I love what Cincy is facing the next few weeks), so that's an option too. Indy's defense has been playing some solid football the last few weeks, but I don't like their upcoming schedule after Cincy

Colts 3/4 good matchups.

Cinci 2/4 good matchups

Vs Chargers 3/4 his matchups.

I would say stick with what you have or get Colts. I have cinci and they are killing me. I don't see a good matchup against the Ravens or Saints, Maybe even the Browns. If the Panthers can put up 37, so will the Ravens and Saints.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts 3/4 good matchups.

Cinci 2/4 good matchups

I would say stick with what you have or get Colts. I have cinci and they are killing me. I don't see a good matchup against the Ravens or Saints, Maybe even the Browns. If the Panthers can put up 37, so will the Ravens and Saints.

This maybe see if you have room for both and switch off between SD and Indy.

Colts 3/4 good matchups.

Cinci 2/4 good matchups

This maybe see if you have room for both and switch off between SD and Indy.

Yeah, that Denver matchup worries me for SD, so I might switch to Indy @ Pitt that week and hopefully have room for both defenses

I'm back. Have had very limited internet access as my computer had to be sent in for having viruses and a ton of spyware. Still trying to figure out what happened 100% fantasy wise the last two weeks. I will be back to answer questions tonight and as long as my computer is fine, the rest of the year. Nice game against the Texans and hopefully we do the same vs Cinci!

Yeah, that Denver matchup worries me for SD, so I might switch to Indy @ Pitt that week and hopefully have room for both defenses

The Chargers defense has been good this year, so with the good matchups they are a must use. I'd definitely try to find a matchup based defense during their week Vs Denver though and drop that defense immediately after.

The Chargers defense has been good this year, so with the good matchups they are a must use. I'd definitely try to find a matchup based defense during their week Vs Denver though and drop that defense immediately after.

How about dropping the Chargers completely and picking up the Browns' defense?  Their next matchups are @ JAX, vs. OAK, vs. TB

How about dropping the Chargers completely and picking up the Browns' defense?  Their next matchups are @ JAX, vs. OAK, vs. TB

Three great matchups, I would definitely pick up the Browns defense. Just remember, if you drop the chargers def, you probably won't get them back. I would pick up the browns, but their def isn't their strong suit this year (except the steelers), so I'd probably try to find a way to keep the chargers after that three game stretch.

malcom floyd vs the chiefs

wes welker vs the 49ers

Would probably go Floyd here. Rivers has shown he will throw the ball and nearly all the Chargers td's have come through the air. Floyd got 5 catches for 103 yards and a td last week, no reason to think he doesn't have a shot at something close to that again. Wes just is getting targeted less and less it seems, and I wouldn't trust him against the 49ers to start showing up. Go Floyd.

Trade Garcon for Ty Hilton seems like a no brainer but RG3 is coming back soon and Garcon is his go to guy .

Don't kid yourself. Rg3 is not what he was in his first season and probably won't get back to that. Both players seem to be a Flex option at best to me. Cousins hasn't been bad. Garçon is the redskins main receiver But hasn't performed or just not gotten the looks. Ty is hot and cold. Make the trade if you want but it seems pretty even to me either way. Hoping on rg3 to be back to form is a risk tho.

Greg Olsen vs Packers

Jordan Reed vs Ten

Also, Percy Harvin's waiver ends tomorrow. If no one picks him up, do you think it's worth dropping Cecil Shorts to give Harvin a shot? I wouldn't be starting him, but just benching him until I see how he works in NY?

Greg Olsen vs Packers

Jordan Reed vs Ten

Also, Percy Harvin's waiver ends tomorrow. If no one picks him up, do you think it's worth dropping Cecil Shorts to give Harvin a shot? I wouldn't be starting him, but just benching him until I see how he works in NY?

I would say Olsen. He's been doing well.

Greg Olsen vs Packers

Jordan Reed vs Ten

I would probably go Greg Olsen. The Panthers will have to pass to keep up with the Packers this game as Aaron Rodgers will put up a few tds and go down the field a lot. I do like Jordan Reed and I remember that Kirk Cousins relies on his TE's a lot. The problem is that Niles Paul is a good TE that he had chemistry with also and he may throw to him a decent amount of the time. There's also other options like Jackson, Garcon and Roberts that will get targets. I'd go with Olsen as he and Benjamin are the only real pass options for the Panthers and Olsen should have a solid stat line. 

As for your 2nd question, the Jags are a mixed bag right now at WR. I trust Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns the most at WR with Cecil 3rd. He's definitely droppable for a possible big play threat like Harvin. Harvin won't start this week though, so make sure to have another option ready. Also monitor how the Jets use him in week 8.

Trade Garcon for Ty Hilton seems like a no brainer but RG3 is coming back soon and Garcon is his go to guy .

If it's PPR, I'd actually consider keeping Garcon as he's RGIII's security blanket and he could easily be top 5 or top 10 in receptions this year when RGIII comes back. If it's standard, keep Hilton, PPR is tougher, but if you want a safer option, keep Garcon and if you want the big gamble for premium points each week, go Hilton.

I would say Olsen. He's been doing well.

I would probably go Greg Olsen. The Panthers will have to pass to keep up with the Packers this game as Aaron Rodgers will put up a few tds and go down the field a lot. I do like Jordan Reed and I remember that Kirk Cousins relies on his TE's a lot. The problem is that Niles Paul is a good TE that he had chemistry with also and he may throw to him a decent amount of the time. There's also other options like Jackson, Garcon and Roberts that will get targets. I'd go with Olsen as he and Benjamin are the only real pass options for the Panthers and Olsen should have a solid stat line. 

As for your 2nd question, the Jags are a mixed bag right now at WR. I trust Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns the most at WR with Cecil 3rd. He's definitely droppable for a possible big play threat like Harvin. Harvin won't start this week though, so make sure to have another option ready. Also monitor how the Jets use him in week 8.

Thank you both. The Harvin issue is moot now. Someone much higher on the waiver wire got him.

Start 2 of Owen Daniels (a reliable target for Flacco), Clay Harbor (the most reliable receiver on the Jags), and Jimmy Graham (usually a no-brainer, but he might only play red zone snaps and who knows how many of those there will be against a very good Detroit defense)

This is a tough situation, but go with Graham and Daniels and hope for the best.

My buddy dropped Cody Parkey since he is on a bye this week.  I have Dan Bailey, who has been really solid, but has a bye in week 11.  Is it a good idea to drop Bailey and go after Parkey so I won't have to worry about byes with my kicker for the rest of the season?

This is one of those situations that 99% of the time I'd say yes, but Bailey is the best Kicker in the game right now for fantasy (IMO), so I'd try to drop some worthless backup or a second defense once week 11 comes for a week and keep Bailey. Bailey is a difference maker with that Cowboys Offense and can easily hit FG's of 50+.

This is one of those situations that 99% of the time I'd say yes, but Bailey is the best Kicker in the game right now for fantasy (IMO), so I'd try to drop some worthless backup or a second defense once week 11 comes for a week and keep Bailey. Bailey is a difference maker with that Cowboys Offense and can easily hit FG's of 50+.

Apparently, the Eagles' red zone offense is sputtering, making the case for Parkey.  He's had a really good season.  They're both good kickers.  It's just a matter of one finishing his bye and the other still having a bye on the schedule

Yuck... neither.

Need to start 2 WR's . . . I'm starting VJax vs Min and I need a 2nd one.  Keenan Allen and Kelvin Benjamin are my only 2 WR's on my roster that arn't on a bye week for week 8.

I'm leaning towards Allen.  The Chargers offense has more of a pulse then the Panthers.  

Here's my plan.....

Drop Jeremy Hill, Zac Stacy and Deandre Hopkins

Add J. McKinnon, Tre Mason and Odell Beckham

Thoughts and thanks.

P.S. I'm getting that much closer to sending the Seahawks Defense on a hike!

I'm not sure I'd drop Hopkins for Beckham just yet, although I can see why one would consider it.  The other two are good moves for sure.  

I'm not sure I'd drop Hopkins for Beckham just yet, although I can see why one would consider it.  The other two are good moves for sure.  

I have both Hopkins and Beckham and I'm benching Hopkins til he sees more balls coming his way..Beckham is a TD machine and will get better as he gets more familiar with Eki

Word of advice: Don't overthink...

I had to choose for flex either CJ SPiller and Ronnie Hillman...I over thought because I knew Spiller was going to be featured due to Buffalo wanting to trade, and Jackson nicked up...I Knew Peyton would be throwing and throwing so I thought Hillman wouldn't do quite as much...

Hillman gets 22 points +...with 2 TD's...Spiller was doing good...busted a long run but got hurt and now is done for the season..and got just under 5 point...If I had stayed wih my original thought and started Hillman, I wouldn't have lost...He has Pitt Def...and is less than 6 behind me gong into the game..He has 5 points guaranteed..only way I have a shot is if Houston goes on a scoring tear and goes over 34 points...

Oh well..grats akhooligans..but remember i am not making that same mistake 2 times..

Word of advice: Don't overthink...

I had to choose for flex either CJ SPiller and Ronnie Hillman...I over thought because I knew Spiller was going to be featured due to Buffalo wanting to trade, and Jackson nicked up...I Knew Peyton would be throwing and throwing so I thought Hillman wouldn't do quite as much...

Hillman gets 22 points +...with 2 TD's...Spiller was doing good...busted a long run but got hurt and now is done for the season..and got just under 5 point...If I had stayed wih my original thought and started Hillman, I wouldn't have lost...He has Pitt Def...and is less than 6 behind me gong into the game..He has 5 points guaranteed..only way I have a shot is if Houston goes on a scoring tear and goes over 34 points...

Oh well..grats akhooligans..but remember i am not making that same mistake 2 times..

that fumble by Hopkins cost me as well...lost by less than 2 points...and now, because Beckham is on a bye next week..u have to choose between him and Malcolm Floyd as a fill in

should I bench marshall? he really hasnt done much the last 4 weeks and hes playing revis this week. watkins is playing is the jets 

Reading between the lines you are asking if you should bench Marshall in favor of Watkins?

I would go with yes on that one.  Something seems to be wrong in Chicago.  There are reports that several reporters waiting outside of the Bears locker room heard Marshall yelling at Cutler and other teammates before reporters where let in.

Need one RB:

Justin Forsett @ Bengals

Mark Ingram vs. Packers

Ronnie Hillman vs. Chargers

I'd take Forsett @ Bengals

Packers/Saints - Rodgers/Brees - Sounds like a shootout in the making.  I don't see the RB's getting a lot of rushing attempts.  This could easily be 2 great QB's each throwing the ball 50 times in an effort to keep up with one another.

Hillman just recorded his first 100 yard game ever, mostly cause Manning got tired of throwing TD passes and handed him the ball to run the clock.  I don't see the Chargers allowing a blowout like that.  Plus I think their D is better.

Bengals just got pushed around by the Colt's O line and Trent Richardson ran the ball well against them.  If the Bengals D plays like that against the Ravens their defensive line may as well just lay down because it will be the same result.  

Don't kid yourself. Rg3 is not what he was in his first season and probably won't get back to that. Both players seem to be a Flex option at best to me. Cousins hasn't been bad. Garçon is the redskins main receiver But hasn't performed or just not gotten the looks. Ty is hot and cold. Make the trade if you want but it seems pretty even to me either way. Hoping on rg3 to be back to form is a risk tho.

Even hobbled he hit Garcon with the most passes of any receiver was a PPR goldmine

M. Sanu vs. Bal. - I dont like this matcup and AJ Green may be back

E. Royal @ Den. -

K. Wright vs Hou. - Could be a good matchup, could be not.  Idk.  He had 18 points last week and is still leading in targets for them. But Jake Locker is coming back and could disrupt this.

A. Hawkins vs Oak - Had 5 receptions on 9 targets last week and 112 yards but no TD.  Could be this

League 2

Having a hard time  between these 3 and need 2.

Mike Wallace, Golden Tate, and AJ Green.

Wallace and Tate have been doing well and AJ could potentiall have a big game like normal, or could potentially do nothing on his first game back.